Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    You and I have different versions when it comes to "loyalty."

My version of loyalty does not include putting the GM who is focusing on the draft and acquiring FA players on blast just because he's upset with a contract he signed.

Why sign a contract then complain about it later?
    (Pay me or trade me???)
    Harris showed loyalty by signing a contract below market value. Articles cited multiple GM sources in saying Harris would have gotten a much larger contract if he explored a life beyond Denver when he signed his current contract.

The news is coming out now because this is when we are holding the workouts.

I have no problem with Harris asking for more money.

I also have no problem with Elway saying he does not have time to explore this now.

If anything I do think the Denver Broncos have fallen short on their end of the "loyalty" part.

CHjr, and Wolfe, took a below market value contract in hopes the Broncos would put a winning team together. We drafted two years in a row in the top 10 which pretty much says the Broncos franchise has failed to put a winning team on the field.

This is CHJr's maybe last chance to get paid big dollars and I totally support him and doing what he needs to do at this point in his career. I hope he does not pull the same kind of moves that was saw in Pitt last year and CHJr shows up for TC.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Harris showed loyalty by signing a contract below market value. Articles cited multiple GM sources in saying Harris would have gotten a much larger contract if he explored a life beyond Denver when he signed his current contract.

The news is coming out now because this is when we are holding the workouts.

I have no problem with Harris asking for more money.

I also have no problem with Elway saying he does not have time to explore this now.

If anything I do think the Denver Broncos have fallen short on their end of the "loyalty" part.

CHjr, and Wolfe, took a below market value contract in hopes the Broncos would put a winning team together. We drafted two years in a row in the top 10 which pretty much says the Broncos franchise has failed to put a winning team on the field.

This is CHJr's maybe last chance to get paid big dollars and I totally support him and doing what he needs to do at this point in his career. I hope he does not pull the same kind of moves that was saw in Pitt last year and CHJr shows up for TC.
    You make valid points, no doubt.

However, it all depends on which viewpoint you prefer:
    Broncos' or Harris'.

Another poster on here offered evidence to assert that Harris received a Fair Market Value contract thus the perceived "team discount" was nothing more than us fans overvaluing Harris.
    (Who would have thunk all we could get for Talib was a fifth?)

My position again is: I dislike Harris' approach more than anything given the timing.

Kudos to Elway for a solid draft regardless of the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If Harris want $15 million, hes not getting it.
    Not sure where 15 mil came from.

Currently 29 CBs are getting more total cash and 23 CBs have a higher cap hit. Only 3 of those people above Harris in either catagory have 15 mil attached to their name.

Pretty sure CHJr just wants to deal that has less tied to team wins and playoffs and more straight forward cash...which is understandable considering the front office's failure to provide good leadership to win games the last couple years.

2018 Incentives:
    6 Wins + 65% Snaps: $300,000
    8 Wins + 75% Snaps: $600,000
    Playoffs: $300,000

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    You make valid points, no doubt.

However, it all depends on which viewpoint you prefer:
    Broncos' or Harris'.

Another poster on here offered evidence to assert that Harris received a Fair Market Value contract thus the perceived "team discount" was nothing more than us fans overvaluing Harris.
    (Who would have thunk all we could get for Talib was a fifth?)

My position again is: I dislike Harris' approach more than anything given the timing.

Kudos to Elway for a solid draft regardless of the noise.
    I think both sides have valid points and prefer to not think of either side as the "bad guy"

But if I had to nit pick I would say the Broncos have done less to hold up their end of the bargain specially considering CHJr's had 900,000 in money he could not get because we could not attain the team goals due to horrible leadership put in place by the Bronco front office. Though in all fairness hard to say if CHJr could have pushed the 69% to 75% even if we were a playoff team in 2018 considering he went on IR and I am not sure if playoff snaps count.
    Last edited by Hadez; 04-27-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think both sides have valid points and prefer to not think of either side as the "bad guy"

But if I had to nit pick I would say the Broncos have done less to hold up their end of the bargain specially considering CHJr's had 900,000 in money he could not get because we could not attain the team goals due to horrible leadership put in place by the Bronco front office. Though in all fairness hard to say if CHJr could have pushed the 69% to 75% even if we were a playoff team in 2018 considering he went on IR and I am not sure if playoff snaps count.
    The same logic that led Elway as a GM to exclaim, "This one's for Pat!" is the same logic that led to the "horrible leadership" you mentioned.

The point is, I think sometimes we as fans underestimate the degree in the difficulty of managing a winning football club let alone coaching it.

If Harris was upset about something (coaching, scheme, contract or whatever) then, IMO, he should have addressed it at another moment and preferably outside of social media.

One draft can make or break a team and Harris could have been a better team player by showing more faith in a team that gave him his start, a loyal fanbase and Super Bowl ring, which he earned.

But, time will tell if he remains a Bronco.