View Poll Results: Devin Bush vs. Devin White

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devin White

    4 36.36%
  • Devin Bush

    7 63.64%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,112

    Devin Bush Vs. Devin White

    Two very realistic options at #10. I think both would be excellent fits for what Fangio wants to do on defense and will finally give us a dynamic athlete at the ILB position.

    Haven't seen a poll here on this and want to get peoples thoughts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,112
    Came across a great article on Bush:

    http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/devin-bush/devin-bush

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    54
    White is gone before #10, so Bush is the option. IMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,512
    Devin Bush is the better football player, and Devin White is the better prospect. I equate taking Devin White at 10, to taking Paxton Lynch in the first round, you are doing some major projecting based on raw physical ability. White is an athlete with a high ceiling who you could see at some point becoming a stud, but I don't see instant impact, and I don't see safe at all. White is a freakish athlete for a middle linebacker, he has shown flashes, but he is inconsistent and lacks some things I need to have already seen on tape to be willing to take him at 10. Bush, I do like, and I could see him slotting into an impact role from day 1, but I don't love him enough to use the 10th overall pick on him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,225
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Devin Bush is the better football player, and Devin White is the better prospect. I equate taking Devin White at 10, to taking Paxton Lynch in the first round, you are doing some major projecting based on raw physical ability. White is an athlete with a high ceiling who you could see at some point becoming a stud, but I don't see instant impact, and I don't see safe at all. White is a freakish athlete for a middle linebacker, he has shown flashes, but he is inconsistent and lacks some things I need to have already seen on tape to be willing to take him at 10. Bush, I do like, and I could see him slotting into an impact role from day 1, but I don't love him enough to use the 10th overall pick on him.
    At times Ive actually felt as if Bush was the better athlete. There have been times when hed seem to be reluctant to break on the ball however I think that is just his football smarts. A slight hesitation in an effort not to over persue.

    Id like Devin Bush in the first but Id like Ed Oliver at 10 a whole lot more because there is the option to trade for Darron Lee at the moment!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,112
    Ideally I would want to trade back to #15 and pick up Bush but it seems like a lot of teams are mocking him to the Bengals at #11 with White being a likely top 10 pick. I strongly believe that we need a playmaker at the ILB position. Would love to have an Al Wilson like presence again.

    I also like Mack Wilson. Not sure if he would be there with our 2nd rounder but ideally I would love to come away with one of these three guys.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,728
    Bush is quickly becoming my most coveted player in this draft. We need him and Darron Lee as our starting LBs heading into 2019.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Bush is quickly becoming my most coveted player in this draft. We need him and Darron Lee as our starting LBs heading into 2019.
    On paper, that would appear to put us in the upper echelon of linebacker crews. There are some pretty awesome groups out there now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,559
    I'm with those who believe White and Bush are coveted in this draft, and therefore will both go in the upper half of the first round. Whenever you have a couple of quality players in a position, and a bit of gap behind them, teams will possibly reach, knowing that they will be gone sooner than later. This could bring one or more of the other ILBs into play sooner as well, if need is a factor.

    But I can see White gone before we select, and Bush being considered by teams by the time we select.

    It's all about supply and demand, and if the demand for ILBs is there....and in this case, talented ones, these 2 guys won't be around very long!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,484
    It's interesting... if you compare their numbers side-by-by side:

    White:
    HT: 6'0
    WT: 237
    40: 4.42
    Bench: 22
    Vert: 39.5
    Broad: 118
    3 Cone: 7.07
    Shuttle: 4.17

    Bush:
    HT: 5'11
    WT: 234
    40: 4.43
    Bench: 21
    Vert: 40.5
    Broad: 124
    3 Cone: 6.93
    Shuttle: 4.23

    Bush having better broad jump, vert, and 3cone would suggest to me that he is a bit more explosive.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,126
    I prefer Bush. They are darn near identical physically and athletically, but Bush is a more sound tackler and clearly more comfortable in his role. White is a RB to LB conversion, correct? Might explain some of the things one sees from him in games. If White can continue to develop mentally, he will be good due to his high athletic ceiling. IMO, Bush has the same ceiling and also a higher floor. White is more of a bust risk like Aaron Curry.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    It's interesting... if you compare their numbers side-by-by side:

    White:
    HT: 6'0
    WT: 237
    40: 4.42
    Bench: 22
    Vert: 39.5
    Broad: 118
    3 Cone: 7.07
    Shuttle: 4.17

    Bush:
    HT: 5'11
    WT: 234
    40: 4.43
    Bench: 21
    Vert: 40.5
    Broad: 124
    3 Cone: 6.93
    Shuttle: 4.23

    Bush having better broad jump, vert, and 3cone would suggest to me that he is a bit more explosive.
    I agree and am starting to lean that way as well. I also don't understand why people knock Bush for being undersized and don't give that same statement for White. We are talking 1" here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,559
    This is driving me a wee bit crazy, only because I am locked on Lock. I want a future QB, and I want it now, BUT, if we don't go QB, I want White or Bush. That's my second choice - 1a/1b, by a mile.

    We have Edge Rushers, DTs take a couple of years, and we can find a DBack in this deep pool of players.

    QB (Murray if remotely available - which translates to "not happening", or Lock) followed by ILB.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-04-2019 at 10:11 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,225
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This is driving me a wee bit crazy, only because I am locked on Lock. I want a future QB, and I want it now, BUT, if we don't go QB, I want White or Bush. That's my second choice - 1a/1b, by a mile.

    We have Edge Rushers, DTs take a couple of years, and we can find a DBack in this deep pool of players.

    QB (Murray if remotely available - which translates to "not happening", or Lock) followed by ILB.
    Not to change the subject but how high of a ceiling do you see Lock having in the NFL.

    A lot of ppl compare him to Cutler minus the attitude. I really don’t see it but hey if he really does have Jay Cutler type talent then I’d agree with the selection but I’m not so sure.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-04-2019 at 12:47 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    689
    To answer the poll.....I'm going Bush, I agree with papa pawn for the explanation, however, I agree with CanDB, I really want Lock.......BUT, if not Lock, then Hock. If the Brass decides on an ILB @ 10....I will support !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •