Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

vons adds on 10 pounds

i feel like this kinda important. as i have stated i feel his natural fit in a 4-3 is a de and bulking up a bit you want you him attackign the passer. either way he is apparentally 245 up fronm 235ish. so it could be goo pretty big boom expecially in taking on blockers hopefully develope other parts of his game then his speed game.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i feel like this kinda important. as i have stated i feel his natural fit in a 4-3 is a de and bulking up a bit you want you him attackign the passer. either way he is apparentally 245 up fronm 235ish. so it could be goo pretty big boom expecially in taking on blockers hopefully develope other parts of his game then his speed game.
    The negatives off cause is that Von has tremendous speed, and that has been "his secret sauce", and additional weight will slow him.

As BFDK said, my first thought was "I hope it doesn't slow him down."
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

He’s one of the greatest OLB’s to ever play the game. I wouldn’t call him a natural DE.

The people who want to get rid of him could now say "let's dump the fat guy".

Didn't he come in weighing 245 during his worst year as a pro? I think he also tore up his knee at that weight. Not sure what the reasoning is behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Didn't he come in weighing 245 during his worst year as a pro? I think he also tore up his knee at that weight. Not sure what the reasoning is behind this.
    He wasn’t having a bad year that I recall. He tore his knee pretty early in the season, and he was closer to 255-260 that year.

For those worrying about Vons speed at 245 don’t forget he is not a one trick pony. He is explosive as anyone off the edge but I’ve always felt one of his best moves was his bullrush when he really wants to get past a guy. He can do that easier at a bulkier weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Where is this info coming from? I thought he was already 240-250?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    From his press conference on Tuesday. He said he was playing the last few years around 235.

I hope his knees hold up with that extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    He was listed at 235 last year. I believe he dropped a little weight before 2018 because he thought it would make him faster and help with endurance

The Broncos have him listed at 250lb ... I think its been like that for a few years. It seems they don't update a player's weight very often.
    His combine measurables had him at 246lb and he ran a 4.53 40yd dash, 4.06 20 yard shuttle, 6.70 on the 3 cone; those are very good numbers at 246lb and according to him that is where he will try and be this season.

"Out of high school, I was like 202-205 pounds," Miller told ESPN's Morty Ain. "My rookie season I was like 245, my second year I was 255. My third year I got up to like 272, and I tore my ACL. I don't know if my weight was part of the cause of that, but I got hurt, so I just tried to re-evaluate my situation. Right around 238-242 is my ideal range — I can do everything that I need to do at 245 and lighter. I played in the Super Bowl at 236."

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...reer-46182614/

According to The Athletic, Miller's current offseason training regimen begins well before the crack of dawn and it wasn't uncommon for the linebacker to hit the Landow Performance training facility in Centennial, Colo. at 2 a.m.

This is the first year that Von has stayed around Denver the entire offseason. The origins of his weight gain revolves around his resolution to work out every single day in 2019 until the season starts. He's had some up and down offseasons, some being significantly more distracting and lazy than others. I think if he stays healthy, 2019 should be Von's best year. Maybe 15+ sacks again?

I recall, it was the 2013 season when he gained extra weight and did alot of martial arts training in the off season. We were expecting a MONSTER season from him. Then came the PED 4 game suspension. Came back after game 4, played ok then tore his knee up against Houston. A lost season all around. Ended up missing the Superbowl along with a handful of other players.