Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think he was between 255 and 260 when he injured himself. He was pretty slow that year, too, and seemed way less effective.

245 might be the sweet spot?

Also, Fangio and Donatell might be having him try some new techniques that require a bit more weight.

Call me cautiously optimistic!

Arenít we running a base 3-4 defense under Fangio?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    For those worrying about Vons speed at 245 don’t forget he is not a one trick pony. He is explosive as anyone off the edge but I’ve always felt one of his best moves was his bullrush when he really wants to get past a guy. He can do that easier at a bulkier weight.
    No, it has nothing to do with an evaluation of Von's skills or disrespecting what he is.

If Von puts goes from 235 to 245, he needs (245/235) in the 2nd order i.e about 9% more power to produce the same acceleration - it is plain physics, as it is that if he comes at the same speed it will take 9% more power to stop him. The weight matters, but it is not necessarily good or bad in total.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I recall, it was the 2013 season when he gained extra weight and did alot of martial arts training in the off season. We were expecting a MONSTER season from him. Then came the PED 4 game suspension. Came back after game 4, played ok then tore his knee up against Houston. A lost season all around. Ended up missing the Superbowl along with a handful of other players.
    It wasnt PED, and it was 6 games

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Unless marijuana is a performance enhancer. Von playing at 245 will be just fine as long as it is muscle mass he gained and not table muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    It started as 4 but then he got another 2 because he tried to swap samples iirc

His speed rush is not just about his speed.

He bends his body in ways another on these boards called Matrix like. How will the extra weight effect this?

I hope the weight goes well with what he does on a elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    His speed rush is not just about his speed.

He bends his body in ways another on these boards called Matrix like. How will the extra weight effect this?

I hope the weight goes well with what he does on a elite level.
    Heís returning to the weight heís spent most of his career at. He was lighter last year at 235.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    From his press conference on Tuesday. He said he was playing the last few years around 235.
    THX,

must spread around...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    "Out of high school, I was like 202-205 pounds," Miller told ESPN's Morty Ain. "My rookie season I was like 245, my second year I was 255. My third year I got up to like 272, and I tore my ACL. I don't know if my weight was part of the cause of that, but I got hurt, so I just tried to re-evaluate my situation. Right around 238-242 is my ideal range ó I can do everything that I need to do at 245 and lighter. I played in the Super Bowl at 236."

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...reer-46182614/

According to The Athletic, Miller's current offseason training regimen begins well before the crack of dawn and it wasn't uncommon for the linebacker to hit the Landow Performance training facility in Centennial, Colo. at 2 a.m.

This is the first year that Von has stayed around Denver the entire offseason. The origins of his weight gain revolves around his resolution to work out every single day in 2019 until the season starts. He's had some up and down offseasons, some being significantly more distracting and lazy than others. I think if he stays healthy, 2019 should be Von's best year. Maybe 15+ sacks again?
    Thanks for posting this. Had time to read it today. Was very informative.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Aren’t we running a base 3-4 defense under Fangio?
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2019/3...rr-work-as-nts

Sounds similar to Wade Phillips' one gap D Front.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Most players tend to drop 5 to even 10 pounds as the season progresses due to the short but grueling NFL season. Perhaps they are anticipating this and accounting for that weight loss during the season.
    New England Patriots GM

Short- 17 week, 4 playoffs possible, and pre-season?
    RIP Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He wasnít having a bad year that I recall. He tore his knee pretty early in the season, and he was closer to 255-260 that year.
    It was 2013, he was suspended for several games for tampering with his urine sample, plus he tore his knee against Houston, which I believe was the 14th or 15th game that season, so he essentially only had 10 or so games. I remember he said during preseason that he was trying to stay at 245 that year.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    It was 2013, he was suspended for several games for tampering with his urine sample, plus he tore his knee against Houston, which I believe was the 14th or 15th game that season, so he essentially only had 10 or so games. I remember he said during preseason that he was trying to stay at 245 that year.
    That was the season he played in the 270s