Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I love Harris as much as the next guy but he is not in the top tier as the league's best. He has been a good player for Denver but he has never had more than 3 ints in a season. He is solid but I dont consider him elite
    Harris has arguably been the most consistent corner in this era. He is elite.

Interceptions should never be the most important thing when evaluating a CB. Catches given up, yards, and touchdowns give you a better idea of what the player is.

I think it's awesome and credit to Fangio and Ed Donatell....Bausby chose Denver, he had other offers but wanted to go where he had the best chance to succeed

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    instead of just being condescending, maybe you should state your case for him. It's possible he makes it but if you look at the recent inductees into the RoF, it's loaded with top players such as TD, Lynch, Elam, Simon Fletcher, Tom Nalen, Sharpe, Rod Smith. CHJ isn't in their league, imo.

Pretty sure he would be more bronco ROF worthy than lynch was

CHJ is totally ROF-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Pretty sure he would be more bronco ROF worthy than lynch was
    maybe.

I like Bausby's size and he has great speed too, according to his pro day measures. He has gotten well seasoned over the last few years in the NFL and certainly looked better than most at the AAF level.

6'-2" ~180-190lbs 4.35, in the 40 ... has some experience with Fangio D. Should be decent competition in TC/Preseason, has a decent chance of making the team, maybe more?

If CHJ finishes his career here in Denver (or at least plays another 3 seasons in Denver) he should deserve ROF honors. He has been one of the best CBs the last 5 years ... 3 All pro selections - 1 starter, 2 second team - and more Pro Bowls. In 2014 he led the league in least passing yards allowed and did not give up a touchdown pass all season long, earning him a Pro Bowl selection and second team AP All-Pro honors. In fact Harris didn't allow a touchdown reception in coverage from December 1, 2013 to December 15, 2015, a span that covered 35 games (including playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Fair points. Probably overreacted a bit. Sorry about that. I do think he is on track to become one especially with the amount of years played.

I'm 33 so didn't get to see Foley or Harden. Do remember Braxton though. Love that guy.
    IDK how common it is for a good Corner to morph into a very good Safety during his career, but Denver has four: Billy Thompson; Steve Foley; Mike Harden; and, Tyrone Braxton. For those interested in candidates for Bronco ROF, Steve Foley, who holds Denver's record for most picks, is worthy of consideration; another is TE Riley Odoms.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I guess we will find out if Fangio and the DC can coach up talented players like Bausby and Cravens. They have the talent, but the NFL is a different animal and it will feed on your weakest link. CHJ has certainly been worth the money he's been playing for. A great value the last few years and that's saying a lot with the ridiculous contracts being handed out now days. Will he be worth the big contract the next few years? IMO, no. He should be a RoF, but a HOF size contract is more then questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    IDK how common it is for a good Corner to morph into a very good Safety during his career, but Denver has four: Billy Thompson; Steve Foley; Mike Harden; and, Tyrone Braxton. For those interested in candidates for Bronco ROF, Steve Foley, who holds Denver's record for most picks, is worthy of consideration; another is TE Riley Odoms.
    Harden and Braxton weren’t very good corners, but both were good safeties
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-06-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Never thought of 4 CBs turned Safety for the Broncos forgot about Harden changing and actually I always thought Thompson was a S. I did not realize that Foley is not in the ROF, that is unfair, especially considering Lynch is with what ... 4 years with the Broncos? NOT Fair.
    Good trivia Sam!

Gotta keep expectations in check on this one. He's already played in the league for 4 years, he was repeatably cut, and was never more than a practice squad guy.

Yes, maybe he's grown, or maybe he just never got his shot in the NFL. But, right now, looking at his NFL history, he's nothing more than a practice squad candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    check out this play from Bausby from his time with the Commanders. He may have been playing against lower talent, but that doesn't change the fact that he has innate coverage and ball sense, instead of just playing the receiver.

This is a good example of his anticipation that he has shown on many plays in his career both pro and college.

He has also shown the ability to play tight coverage....find the ball and make a play on the ball.

Seems to be a very aggressive CB. I think Fangio's staff has the ability to do well with this kind of player.

Some videos I have found.

College stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKPHIQO8DD0

Pro Stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RseI5f_Yvw
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

I hope this young man earns a spot. But I will wait to see how he does against NFL talent.

Watched the clips and have to say those interceptions were more about horrible throws then his ability or savvy. QBs either should have never let the ball go or placement was regrettable. Not sure he has those same opportunities against NFL QBs. and WRs.

Also finding some of the comments about his abilities a bit overhyped. For example, where did a poster get his 40 time as 4.35? His Pro Day is listed as 4.35 wind aided, 4.74 against the wind?

I am encouraged that Fangio knows him and likely brought him in because he thinks he can contribute. But the young man has a lot to prove to make the roster. At this point, I would be thrilled if they found a hidden gem. They certainly need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Harden and Braxton weren’t very good corners, but both were good safeties
    For what it's worth, twenty-five of Mike Harden's thirty-eight picks came when he was playing Corner, 1983-1987. All four of his pick sixes came during that time. Tyrone Braxton had eighteen picks during his first stint in Denver (seven years) from the Corner position. In his second stint (five years) he had a bunch of picks (sixteen) from the SS spot including nine picks in 1996 when he went to the Pro Bowl. That accomplishment came at age 32 for Tyrone.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I love Harris as much as the next guy but he is not in the top tier as the league's best. He has been a good player for Denver but he has never had more than 3 ints in a season. He is solid but I dont consider him elite
    PFF has him as the league's 3rd best corner in 2016, 2017 and 2018. And those are just the years that I bothered to check.