Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,718

    What I want to happen come draft night!

    Thought it would be cool to start a thread where we share our wildest draft night dreams. I will start;

    1. Kyler Murray does NOT get drafted by the Cardinals. He falls to #3 overall.

    2. Elway, who has shown zero interest in Murray (by design) makes the move.

    3. We trade our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, and 2020 1st to jump up to #3. We draft Kyler Murray!

    4. Then in round 2 ILB Mack Wilson falls into our laps at 41, we nab him.

    5. In round 4 we take NT Daylon Mack.

    6. We trade our 5th for ILB Darron Lee

    7. We use the rest of our picks on o-linemen as well as a few UDFAs.

    If this were to happen, I would take a week off work to celebrate. Hows about you?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,036
    If the Broncos decide to Trade up, my fantasy pick would be Quinnen Williams. And although I don't believe Elway has the slightest interest in Murray, I'd rather we move up to take him, or Haskins, over the likes of Drew Lock (Blaine Gabbert, 2.0).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,043
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    over the likes of Drew Lock (Blaine Gabbert, 2.0).
    I've seen you attempt to make this lazy comparison before, but I haven't seen you put any substance behind it as of yet.

    What similarities to they share beyond coming from the same school and being athletic? Different skill sets, different playing styles, different offenses ran, different strengths, different weaknesses, different production, different personalities, different durations of college career, and different trajectories throughout their college careers with Gabbert getting worse by his final year and Lock improving each year.



    As far as the OP, my dream scenario is Lock falling to 10. I don't mind having to trade up for him, but my greed would have me prefer to not need to much like I'd prefer Devin Bush to fall to our 2nd round pick, but that's not happening

    My ideal possible, though unlikely, scenario.

    1- Drew Lock
    2- Dalton Risner
    3- Khalen Saunders
    4- Emmanuel Hall

    Two instant starters on the OL and the DL, a QB that will possibly take over by the end of the season and for the next 15 years, and a developmental WR who already has chemistry with our franchise QB to-be!
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 04-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,466
    What I want to happen .....

    In round 1, draft tight-end T.J Hockenson.
    In round 2, draft offensive guard Michael Deiter.
    In round 3, draft linebacker Blake Cashman.
    In round 4, draft defensive tackle Daylon Mack

    These guys all put up quality bodies of work, consistent tape, and are the type of guys I believe Elway was referring to last year, when he said the draft strategy was selecting "football players". I don't want to see the usual Elway middle round athletic project getting a look, the Brandon Langleys of the world. I don't want to see the inconsistent college quarterback with great physical skills brought in here at a premium, the Paxton Lynch's of the world. Last year the strategy worked, and that strategy was taking solid guys, team leaders, guys who put up consistent quality tape, and we finally seen some instant impact. Follow that same directive again, and the 2019 class will come in here and provide immediate impact in my opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A-town in the Mile High
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Thought it would be cool to start a thread where we share our wildest draft night dreams. I will start;

    1. Kyler Murray does NOT get drafted by the Cardinals. He falls to #3 overall.

    2. Elway, who has shown zero interest in Murray (by design) makes the move.

    3. We trade our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, and 2020 1st to jump up to #3. We draft Kyler Murray!

    4. Then in round 2 ILB Mack Wilson falls into our laps at 41, we nab him.

    5. In round 4 we take NT Daylon Mack.

    6. We trade our 5th for ILB Darron Lee

    7. We use the rest of our picks on o-linemen as well as a few UDFAs.

    If this were to happen, I would take a week off work to celebrate. How’s about you?
    The.Best.Timeline

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,007
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Thought it would be cool to start a thread where we share our wildest draft night dreams. I will start;

    1. Kyler Murray does NOT get drafted by the Cardinals. He falls to #3 overall.

    2. Elway, who has shown zero interest in Murray (by design) makes the move.

    3. We trade our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, and 2020 1st to jump up to #3. We draft Kyler Murray!

    4. Then in round 2 ILB Mack Wilson falls into our laps at 41, we nab him.

    5. In round 4 we take NT Daylon Mack.

    6. We trade our 5th for ILB Darron Lee

    7. We use the rest of our picks on o-linemen as well as a few UDFAs.

    If this were to happen, I would take a week off work to celebrate. How’s about you?
    I can't see a scenario where the Broncos trade up that far and don't give up a second this year. The value of future picks is the middle of the round below what they would be this year. So a 2020 first round pick is worth 16th in the second rounds this year.

    Based on that math, the 3rd pick is worth 2200 points, the Broncos would be giving up pick 10 (1300), pick 71 (235) and the 2020 first 420 points. So they'd still be well short of getting up to 3. Even if you gave the 1st round pick next year a value of the 33rd pick this year (580) they're still short, and the Jets are likely to charge a premium on the pick.

    I could see the Raiders trading up to 1 (3000 points) giving up picks 4 (1800), 24 (740), 35 (550) and possibly one more pick to do so. If I'm the Cardinals I'd do that trade all day.

    As for Murray, I would stay far far away, he's going to be a very costly mistake for someone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    781
    Dream is miami and washington wanting Lock in a bad way. Both offer trades and in the end we drop to 15. We are able to nab their 2nd by throwing in a 3rd for next year.

    Unrealistic is that Oliver drops to our spot...
    Ive given up on that ghost

    1. We take Devin Bush or Hockenstein at 15
    2a. Take either Irv Smith or Mack wilson (depending on round 1)
    2b. Go after McCoy, Deiter or Bradburry (whoevers left)
    3. Top DLman left. I prefer a penetrator at this spot
    4. QB
    5. Trade for Lee
    6-7 bpa

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I've seen you attempt to make this lazy comparison before, but I haven't seen you put any substance behind it as of yet.

    What similarities to they share beyond coming from the same school and being athletic? Different skill sets, different playing styles, different offenses ran, different strengths, different weaknesses, different production, different personalities, different durations of college career, and different trajectories throughout their college careers with Gabbert getting worse by his final year and Lock improving each year.



    As far as the OP, my dream scenario is Lock falling to 10. I don't mind having to trade up for him, but my greed would have me prefer to not need to much like I'd prefer Devin Bush to fall to our 2nd round pick, but that's not happening

    My ideal possible, though unlikely, scenario.

    1- Drew Lock
    2- Dalton Risner
    3- Khalen Saunders
    4- Emmanuel Hall

    Two instant starters on the OL and the DL, a QB that will possibly take over by the end of the season and for the next 15 years, and a developmental WR who already has chemistry with our franchise QB to-be!
    I could live with this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    What I want to happen .....

    In round 1, draft tight-end T.J Hockenson.
    In round 2, draft offensive guard Michael Deiter.
    In round 3, draft linebacker Blake Cashman.
    In round 4, draft defensive tackle Daylon Mack

    These guys all put up quality bodies of work, consistent tape, and are the type of guys I believe Elway was referring to last year, when he said the draft strategy was selecting "football players". I don't want to see the usual Elway middle round athletic project getting a look, the Brandon Langleys of the world. I don't want to see the inconsistent college quarterback with great physical skills brought in here at a premium, the Paxton Lynch's of the world. Last year the strategy worked, and that strategy was taking solid guys, team leaders, guys who put up consistent quality tape, and we finally seen some instant impact. Follow that same directive again, and the 2019 class will come in here and provide immediate impact in my opinion.
    I could also live with this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Thought it would be cool to start a thread where we share our wildest draft night dreams. I will start;

    1. Kyler Murray does NOT get drafted by the Cardinals. He falls to #3 overall.

    2. Elway, who has shown zero interest in Murray (by design) makes the move.

    3. We trade our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, and 2020 1st to jump up to #3. We draft Kyler Murray!

    4. Then in round 2 ILB Mack Wilson falls into our laps at 41, we nab him.

    5. In round 4 we take NT Daylon Mack.

    6. We trade our 5th for ILB Darron Lee

    7. We use the rest of our picks on o-linemen as well as a few UDFAs.

    If this were to happen, I would take a week off work to celebrate. How’s about you?
    This, I could not live with. Shoot me now.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    641
    It's Lock or Hock for me....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Dream is miami and washington wanting Lock in a bad way. Both offer trades and in the end we drop to 15. We are able to nab their 2nd by throwing in a 3rd for next year.

    Unrealistic is that Oliver drops to our spot...
    Ive given up on that ghost

    1. We take Devin Bush or Hockenstein at 15
    2a. Take either Irv Smith or Mack wilson (depending on round 1)
    2b. Go after McCoy, Deiter or Bradburry (whoevers left)
    3. Top DLman left. I prefer a penetrator at this spot
    4. QB
    5. Trade for Lee
    6-7 bpa
    Wouldn't mind this either.... Bush is my third choice after Lock, or Hock.....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    493
    I think I would vomit if we traded 2 firsts for Murray

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    13,735
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Thought it would be cool to start a thread where we share our wildest draft night dreams. I will start;

    1. Kyler Murray does NOT get drafted by the Cardinals. He falls to #3 overall.

    2. Elway, who has shown zero interest in Murray (by design) makes the move.

    3. We trade our 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, and 2020 1st to jump up to #3. We draft Kyler Murray!

    4. Then in round 2 ILB Mack Wilson falls into our laps at 41, we nab him.

    5. In round 4 we take NT Daylon Mack.

    6. We trade our 5th for ILB Darron Lee

    7. We use the rest of our picks on o-linemen as well as a few UDFAs.

    If this were to happen, I would take a week off work to celebrate. How’s about you?
    I find it hard to believe John Elway would draft a running QB....... more accurately said- he wants pocket passers. Being mobile could be an extra attribute -

    I don't know much about Murray though - is he capable of becoming a good Pocket QB? at his size? Odds are against him. Maybe he's a worldbeater - like I say I haven't studied
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I've seen you attempt to make this lazy comparison before, but I haven't seen you put any substance behind it as of yet.

    What similarities to they share beyond coming from the same school and being athletic? Different skill sets, different playing styles, different offenses ran, different strengths, different weaknesses, different production, different personalities, different durations of college career, and different trajectories throughout their college careers with Gabbert getting worse by his final year and Lock improving each year.



    As far as the OP, my dream scenario is Lock falling to 10. I don't mind having to trade up for him, but my greed would have me prefer to not need to much like I'd prefer Devin Bush to fall to our 2nd round pick, but that's not happening

    My ideal possible, though unlikely, scenario.

    1- Drew Lock
    2- Dalton Risner
    3- Khalen Saunders
    4- Emmanuel Hall

    Two instant starters on the OL and the DL, a QB that will possibly take over by the end of the season and for the next 15 years, and a developmental WR who already has chemistry with our franchise QB to-be!
    This would be awesome!
    Great post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •