Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    When Murray is the next Russell Wilson/Patrick Mahomes please remember I said he is going to be an absolute stud and worth whatever it costs to go get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I can't see a scenario where the Broncos trade up that far and don't give up a second this year. The value of future picks is the middle of the round below what they would be this year. So a 2020 first round pick is worth 16th in the second rounds this year.

Based on that math, the 3rd pick is worth 2200 points, the Broncos would be giving up pick 10 (1300), pick 71 (235) and the 2020 first 420 points. So they'd still be well short of getting up to 3. Even if you gave the 1st round pick next year a value of the 33rd pick this year (580) they're still short, and the Jets are likely to charge a premium on the pick.

I could see the Raiders trading up to 1 (3000 points) giving up picks 4 (1800), 24 (740), 35 (550) and possibly one more pick to do so. If I'm the Cardinals I'd do that trade all day.

As for Murray, I would stay far far away, he's going to be a very costly mistake for someone.
    You dont know if he is going to be a costly mistake that's your opinion. Lock and anyone drafted in the 1st round can be a costly mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    When Murray is the next Russell Wilson/Patrick Mahomes please remember I said he is going to be an absolute stud and worth whatever it costs to go get him.
    I'm with you. Most want the same cookie cutter qb. If we take lock in the 1st rd would wouldn't even watch the rest of a wasted draft...."I'm my opinion"

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I find it hard to believe John Elway would draft a running QB....... more accurately said- he wants pocket passers. Being mobile could be an extra attribute -

I don't know much about Murray though - is he capable of becoming a good Pocket QB? at his size? Odds are against him. Maybe he's a worldbeater - like I say I haven't studied
    Watch Kyler Murrays tape and tell me he is a running QB. he throws he keeps his eyes down the field when he and out of the pocket. are you just like this guy is fast he must be a running qb. he can run but he still throws more and he throws well with very good mechanics.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I'm with you. Most want the same cookie cutter qb. If we take lock in the 1st rd would wouldn't even watch the rest of a wasted draft...."I'm my opinion"
    So you agree he’s awesome... but cannot accept he can be a bust and attack that opinion,.. nice work being objective...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

I do not understand why so many want Murray! He'll be out of the league in 5 years. if they absolutely have to draft a QB, I'm guessing it'll be Lock. Other than that I say they'll draft Bush, Oliver or trade back.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So you agree he’s awesome... but cannot accept he can be a bust and attack that opinion,.. nice work being objective...
    Whatever.....I always have said ANY 1st round can be a bust. Think what you want it's there. People agree with people who have the same view on here every day. No different from people who like lock agree with each other but when someone compares him to blaine they come to his defense. Stop trying to make it seem if I'm the only one that's does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I do not understand why so many want Murray! He'll be out of the league in 5 years. if they absolutely have to draft a QB, I'm guessing it'll be Lock. Other than that I say they'll draft Bush, Oliver or trade back.
    So lock is the only sure fire qb in this draft?

Lock will be a bust and a career backup. Just a strong arm. If he didn't have a strong arm just a taller case Keenum.

So we passed on Wilson, passed on Mahomes, didnít make a move for Baker, and now we shouldnít go after Murray? This is why we are mediocre. Murray is going to be special, he will be every bit of the 3 mentioned above. I just hope the Raiders donít wind up with him, facing him and Mahomes 4 times a year while we trot out retread turds and mid round duds will be ugly to watch.

Iím not saying sell the farm for Murray, but if he falls far enough where the cost is 2 1sts and a mid round pick, or 2 1sts and day, Chris Harris. Iím all for it.

So we passed on Wilson, passed on Mahomes, didnít make a move for Baker, and now we shouldnít go after Murray? This is why we are mediocre. Murray is going to be special, he will be every bit of the 3 mentioned above. I just hope the Raiders donít wind up with him, facing him and Mahomes 4 times a year while we trot out retread turds and mid round duds will be ugly to watch.
    Iím not saying sell the farm for Murray, but if he falls far enough where the cost is 2 1sts and a mid round pick, or 2 1sts and day, Chris Harris. Iím all for it.
    Well we had zero chance at Baker and Mahomes was picked 10 picks ahead of us. Wilson is the only one we passed on and dont forget so did 31 other teams, twice. Any time we trade away future 1st and 2nd and 3rd round picks in a sense it is selling the farm because that 1st rounder could be a future hall of Famer.

Will Murray be that good where are willing to do that? He could but I'd be much more comfortable staying at 10 and taking the next QB that fell to us. Imo, Lock will be a good fit for the Scangarello offense and we dont have to give away future anything to get him

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Well we had zero chance at Baker and Mahomes was picked 10 picks ahead of us. Wilson is the only one we passed on and dont forget so did 31 other teams, twice. Any time we trade away future 1st and 2nd and 3rd round picks in a sense it is selling the farm because that 1st rounder could be a future hall of Famer.

Will Murray be that good where are willing to do that? He could but I'd be much more comfortable staying at 10 and taking the next QB that fell to us. Imo, Lock will be a good fit for the Scangarello offense and we dont have to give away future anything to get him
    Well said. If we had Kingsbury as our coach, I'd be in on Murray as I'm sure a lot of us Lock fans MIGHT be ....BUT, we have Scangarello, who's offense is tailored for a QB like Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Lock will be a bust and a career backup. Just a strong arm. If he didn't have a strong arm just a taller case Keenum.
    Murray has more of a chance to be a bust .

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Well said. If we had Kingsbury as our coach, I'd be in on Murray as I'm sure a lot of us Lock fans MIGHT be ....BUT, we have Scangarello, who's offense is tailored for a QB like Lock.
    I guess we might find out if Rich Scangarello likes Drew Lock as a QB prospect. He scouted Nick Mullens and supposedly was influential in the Niners signing him as an UDFA two years ago. When Mullens had to start second half of the season last year, he exceeded expectations. It would be interesting to know how Scangarello rates this year's QB class as well as how he regards Flacco, Hogan and Grayson. His QBs must be able to play under Center as well as gun.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus