Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I could see taking a QB late on a flier.

Flacco is Elway's guy and it seems to me - he feels VERY lucky to have landed him. That confidence I see and sense makes me confident.

We all know much of winning in the NFL is by just not making mistakes. Without a fake NFL QB (which is what we've been dealing with the last what -since Manning left)..... I mean we went from Manning - to fake QBs - With a legit NFL QB presence who isn't scared is going to go a long way to making the entire team better.

Having Flacco instills confidence in the players of the team. A rookie doesn't do that. A rook might have 50% believers within the team..... I dunno - lots could go wrong. All he has to do is not make mistakes and get the ball to his playmakers.

I'm with Sam. In order to make this happen - we need to shore up that OL. We have good enough playmakers at the skill positions. Now I wouldn't be opposed to the Hockenson pick having said this. The tight end is one position that we could really upgrade. I'm very surprised Heirman was signed - but maybe he finally steps it up. Not holding my breath on that though. He can't stay healthy.

If Fangio can get anything at all out of Demarcus Walker that would take a lot of pressure off 'need' on the other side of the LOS. I'm really hoping for this. There has to be something in this guy we can use.

Would have liked to have seen a MLB signing. I cant wait to see our Broncos defense under Fangio's vision.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Have we ever had a drafted QB win a playoff game? Griese got us there but was hurt going into playoffs. Brock got replaced. Never thought of it before.
    Tim freakin Tebow!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Another item of Denver Football trivia is that none of Denver's most successful QBs were drafted by the Broncos.
    Maddox has some success, elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not sure of the reasoning behind picking a QB I the first round this year. What are any of you seeing that makes sense?

To me all indications from everything they have done so far indicate they are not drafting a QB.

They just signed Flacco. Are they really going to undermine it by putting a development QB in the room? Would create more turmoil then any of the rookie QBs are worth IMO. Debatable whether any are “franchise” worthy.

They are also still paying several million for the Keenum blunder. Now add another few million for a QB to sit on the bench for a couple seasons?

Murray is intriguing but he is an all in move. An organization and HC has to build a team to best utilize his skills. Just not seeing that with the Broncos. It will be fun to watch him from afar.

My wish is a defensive stud ends up at #10. One of Oliver, Williams, White would be my pick. Then the second or move back into first for best available center/ olineman.

Would love to see some free agent moves or trades to fill some holes too. The D. Lee trade is interesting.

Maybe a vet TE instead of drafting one. A guy to help the young guys develop. Perhaps signing Max Williams (if healthy) for cheap. His experience with Flacco in Balt. could be valuable.

Elway needs this year’s draft to add impact players. At least a couple starters or heavy rotation players. Not seeing a development QB in that role. Honestly could see them not picking one late either. They have Hogan and Grayson to hold the clipboard. Flacco is a win now move. Time to win now!
    I think the exact opposite, everything they have done so far is leading to a QB picked. It wont be T because of James. It wont be CB because of Callahan. It wont be S because of Jackson and his versatility. Imo, retaining Harris keeps them from going DT. Fangio's comments make me believe we pass on ILB.

They have taken TE in what 3 straight drafts? I think they want to see if they have something in Butt, Fumigali and Huermann. No position has been scouted more than QB and Flacco is a perfect bridge QB. He will play this year and cut with zero cap penalties.

All positions we need take time to progress and develop. Why not take the QB? Let him learn and grow for a year and be better than whatever rookie some think we have a chance at next year.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Murray has more of a chance to be a bust .
    You know it all. So if you say something didn't know you can see the future.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not sure of the reasoning behind picking a QB I the first round this year. What are any of you seeing that makes sense?

To me all indications from everything they have done so far indicate they are not drafting a QB.

They just signed Flacco. Are they really going to undermine it by putting a development QB in the room? Would create more turmoil then any of the rookie QBs are worth IMO. Debatable whether any are “franchise” worthy.

They are also still paying several million for the Keenum blunder. Now add another few million for a QB to sit on the bench for a couple seasons?

Murray is intriguing but he is an all in move. An organization and HC has to build a team to best utilize his skills. Just not seeing that with the Broncos. It will be fun to watch him from afar.

My wish is a defensive stud ends up at #10. One of Oliver, Williams, White would be my pick. Then the second or move back into first for best available center/ olineman.

Would love to see some free agent moves or trades to fill some holes too. The D. Lee trade is interesting.

Maybe a vet TE instead of drafting one. A guy to help the young guys develop. Perhaps signing Max Williams (if healthy) for cheap. His experience with Flacco in Balt. could be valuable.

Elway needs this year’s draft to add impact players. At least a couple starters or heavy rotation players. Not seeing a development QB in that role. Honestly could see them not picking one late either. They have Hogan and Grayson to hold the clipboard. Flacco is a win now move. Time to win now!
    It's the NFL things change all the time. The bears paid all that money for I forget his name then drafted Mitchell. Seahawks did and then took wilson.....k.c. got Alex then took pat. Because the old flacco at the end of his career MEANS NOTHING. You can't fix everything we need in one draft. The thing is how many more times will we be able to get a qb in the top 10. Lbs can be taken anywhere. Colts got the defense rookie of the year in the 2nd round.

I'm not a fan of drafting a T.E. in the top ten period.

Our roster on offense is not good at all. Win now yea right. We will not be winning any championship until we DRAFT us a qb. If Elway can't pick em we need a GM that can get it right. The qbs John "Likes or seem to fall in love with" he needs to do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You know it all. So if you say something didn't know you can see the future.
    Haha , I was making a point to how easy it to just ramble on with things which we know not . I don't know what Murray will be just like you dont know what Lock will be .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Haha , I was making a point to how easy it to just ramble on with things which we know not . I don't know what Murray will be just like you dont know what Lock will be .
    Seriously you cant reason here. Its a "i know better than you" argument. And if you want to discuss/debate the merits...then it devolves into "i dont cares" and "thats your opinion"s. Hell this guy still cant admit, that based on every possible point of evidence that Baker was the better prospect and pick than Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Seriously you cant reason here. Its a "i know better than you" argument. And if you want to discuss/debate the merits...then it devolves into "i dont cares" and "thats your opinion"s. Hell this guy still cant admit, that based on every possible point of evidence that Baker was the better prospect and pick than Lamar.
    At this point in their careers that is a fair statement. The browns have gone FA crazy and on paper have a silly talented roster offensively. The Ravens have not gone crazy or acquired great weapons for Lamar....now if this season they finish close then youd have to start giving more credit to Lamar. ImO I don't see that happening. I think we see Baker take a major step.

Who gives a squat about the Browns or the Ravens. We need a franchise QB. I understand the hype for Murray, I was in the South stands when M. Briscoe came in for a injured S. Tensi, that experience was electrifying. As with RG3 that type of QB play is short lived. After a few viscous hits, baseball going to look like heaven. Bo knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    90% of what everyone says is a opinion on here. Just something you will have to deal with. I stated who I wanted you dont like it fine no worries. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    At this point in their careers that is a fair statement. The browns have gone FA crazy and on paper have a silly talented roster offensively. The Ravens have not gone crazy or acquired great weapons for Lamar....now if this season they finish close then youd have to start giving more credit to Lamar. ImO I don't see that happening. I think we see Baker take a major step.
    He wont bc some has already put hof jacket on his back since before the draft last year. To me Baker is still nothing to shake a stick at. Lamar has a better record and lead his team to the playoffs period. Lamar too has more to prove. Those same wr flacco had is the same lamar had. And Baker still has a losing record vs winning teams.

I still think Lamar Jackson is going to be a bust. He is just a terribly inaccurate passer.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I still think Lamar Jackson is going to be a bust. He is just a terribly inaccurate passer.

Yup... forced to throw, he was terrible, he rattled easily and couldn’t recover, I see the ravens looking for a qb in a couple of years
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

We have Joe Flacco under contract for 3 years, so we don't have to reach for QB.