Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I still think Lamar Jackson is going to be a bust. He is just a terribly inaccurate passer.
    Kinda like lock...who comp% was lower than Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco is not a HoF QB. At this point in his career he is a fringe starter, probably with only one or two years left. Not at all comparable to Elway or Manning. Flacco's best years were barely above average and they are done. Being a Broncos fan with history winning with older QBs does not mean we have to be delusional.
    If we can get a couple or a few years of average QB play out of him then it was worth it. Just read the D and take what's there. Especially if he can still throw an accurate (on time and on target) mid-to-deep ball. That would be better than what we've had in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Sure. Sounds about right. I don't want us to draft Lock. I want us to go Defense front 7 or Oline. TE if we trade down. I don't want us to draft QB in the first.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We have Joe Flacco under contract for 3 years, so we don't have to reach for QB.
    Agree with the "reach for QB" sentiment. Although 1 or 2 likely go early none are truly top 10 QBs. Most draft sites have this years top QBs as mid teens to 2nd round prospects. I have seen comments from draft analysts putting only Murray in the discussion with last year's five QBs. Arguable only selected in front of Jackson.

Not trying to say the analysts know everything or Broncos should stick to what "they" say. Just pointing out that the QBs this year are projects. And have more question marks then first round QBs in most drafts. Why reach at #10?

I even question the need to draft a mid to late round QB. Aren't Hogan and Grayson as talented as any of the developmental backups selected this year? Why waste the draft pick when you already have that role filled?

I'm fine with no QBs taken. Let Flacco lead for the year without creating controversy to undermine him.

#10 pick should be reserved for White, Q. Williams or Oliver falling into their laps.. Two of the next three picks go to olineman.. At least that is what I want to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Agree with the "reach for QB" sentiment. Although 1 or 2 likely go early none are truly top 10 QBs. Most draft sites have this years top QBs as mid teens to 2nd round prospects. I have seen comments from draft analysts putting only Murray in the discussion with last year's five QBs. Arguable only selected in front of Jackson.

Not trying to say the analysts know everything or Broncos should stick to what "they" say. Just pointing out that the QBs this year are projects. And have more question marks then first round QBs in most drafts. Why reach at #10?

I even question the need to draft a mid to late round QB. Aren't Hogan and Grayson as talented as any of the developmental backups selected this year? Why waste the draft pick when you already have that role filled?

I'm fine with no QBs taken. Let Flacco lead for the year without creating controversy to undermine him.

#10 pick should be reserved for White, Q. Williams or Oliver falling into their laps.. Two of the next three picks go to olineman.. At least that is what I want to happen..
    See the problem with your line of thought is that Elway said Lock is a surefire top 10 pick. He said it personally to him at the senior bowl. John Elway told Drew Lock he is among the 10 best players, regardless of position, in this draft.

Throw everything you said out the window because it does not matter what the clueless talking heads think, they have proven their ineptitude in evaluating QB classes time and time again. From 2015 being an "other worldly, star studded QB class" to 2017 being "beyond weak" to 2019 being "arguably the weakest of all time", they manipulate with hyperbole and offervery little actual analysis. Break down some of the QBs as prospects from the last 5 years yourself, you will see what I mean.

Anyway, most "experts" dont actually even hold the opinion you state. Most have 3-4 QBs firmly in their top 32 players overall. What's most hilarious is that Murray is likely QB3 or QB4 in this class. The most likely order of selection is Lock, Haskins, Murray, Jones, with the second two being quite close and interchangeable. Haskins has a chance to slip too, though. I think lock is the only guaranteed top 10er
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 04-07-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yup... forced to throw, he was terrible, he rattled easily and couldn’t recover, I see the ravens looking for a qb in a couple of years
    We will too if we draft lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    See the problem with your line of thought is that Elway said Lock is a surefire top 10 pick. He said it personally to him at the senior bowl. John Elway told Drew Lock he is among the 10 best players, regardless of position, in this draft.

Throw everything you said out the window because it does not matter what the clueless talking heads think, they have proven their ineptitude in evaluating QB classes time and time again.
    Elway has proven to be terrible at evaluating college QB's so when you talk about ineptitude you really need to start with him.

This is a very poor QB class, 3 or 4 will go in the top ten because they always do due to the importance of the position, but that doesn't mean they are top ten talents.

Look at it this way, the 'draft experts' had last years QB class way ahead of this years, and although its still too early to call, last years QB's do not look very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I still think Lamar Jackson is going to be a bust. He is just a terribly inaccurate passer.
    Yea he is terrible, looked embarrassing during the playoff game. A QB who struggles to throw the football is never going to last long.

I also kind of like one poster's idea of being aggressive for 3-4 players who can help the team right away. If we can get, say Devin Bush, Dexter Lawrence, Michael Deiter, and nab Jarrett Stidham later I would be perfectly happy with that draft. I still love Murray though.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I also kind of like one poster's idea of being aggressive for 3-4 players who can help the team right away. If we can get, say Devin Bush, Dexter Lawrence, Michael Deiter, and nab Jarrett Stidham later I would be perfectly happy with that draft. I still love Murray though.
    Setting aside all the discussion about his durability or size in general. We all have opinions on whether he will be sustainable or not.

My question about Murray is "would the Broncos transition to a style that emphasizes his skillset"?

I understand the Cardinals reasoning. They just hired his college HC. They will run a style of offense that suits him and build a team around that style. Even to the extent of essentially dumping the "franchise QB" they just selected last year with the #10 pick. That is commitment to giving the young man the best chance to succeed.

Would the Broncos have that same commitment? If not, then why would you pick him.

i want us to walk away with a franchise Qb who lead our franchise for the next 15 years.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Setting aside all the discussion about his durability or size in general. We all have opinions on whether he will be sustainable or not.

My question about Murray is "would the Broncos transition to a style that emphasizes his skillset"?

I understand the Cardinals reasoning. They just hired his college HC. They will run a style of offense that suits him and build a team around that style. Even to the extent of essentially dumping the "franchise QB" they just selected last year with the #10 pick. That is commitment to giving the young man the best chance to succeed.

Would the Broncos have that same commitment? If not, then why would you pick him.
    I don't think Kingsbury was his coach. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
    I don't think Kingsbury was his coach. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    My mistake. He coached at Texas Tech.

Thinking more of offense run and apparent willingness to run more college style spread inspired offense instead of pro style most often found in the NFL

I understand the argument you're making. That said Murray is a far different player than Lamar, RGlll or even Tebow. Murray is a pocket passer who's preference is always to throw the ball not just run with it. The reason why I am skeptical about Lamar and RGlll is that their gut instinct is to run the ball when the play goes south. I heard, it may have even been Stink, who said when a play breaks down you want a QB to use the neck up and not always use his legs. I could not agree more. Ultimately that is what did RGlll in when he was the starter. Now it looks like he is evolving....slowly. Lamar has always been in all likelihood the fastest guy on the field. So in his past he's used speed and running as a tool. Murray on the other hand developed differently than most "short guys". Instead of relying on movement he seems to have focused on processing and anticipation. I simply think that Murrays skillsets are far better suited to the NFL. Particularly today's NFL where a QB has never been so protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    The bigger question- sorry two questions are...

1 does he recognize he has a problem and is he trying to fix it?

2 why was he so inaccurate? Footwork? Motion? Or was it just "bad brains"? I think the technique items can be fixed but I think at this stage in these guys careers fixing mental issues will not end well.