Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,884
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If Heuerman, Butt and Fumagalli are healthy this year, Denver should be set at the TE position. If not, ...
    Yep. For sure. On paper we are set at TE, and could spend a low value pick on someone who will probably end up on the Practice Squad this year at best.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,884
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm a Hawkeye fan and watch just about every game. Hockenson is good but I do think a lot of his success came off Fants coattails. Teams actually game planned for Fant and left Hock unguarded. No question he is the superior blocker but Fant is the playmaker. I think Hockenson os the same guy as Butt....jmo
    How much of that attention to Fant was because he was primarily treated like a receiving threat though? I've only watched highlights, but Hockenson seems to do more Tight end-y (Tight End-ish? Tight End-ishy?) things like run block very well - and do some trickery with delayed routes off of fake run blocks.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,052
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If Heuerman, Butt and Fumagalli are healthy this year, Denver should be set at the TE position. If not, ...
    That's a big IF.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    345
    TE is a big ?. Heuerman looks like he's coming around, but really hasn't done much. He could be a good backup. If we stay at 10, the pick has to be a pillar for the O or D. This draft has some fantastic DL and LB in it and would solidify the D for years and years. Broncos need to stay at 10 and pick BPA and this year that isn't a QB. Fant won't be there with our 2nd pick, but if he could be had at the bottom of the 1st, the Broncos should move up and grab him. His size and speed would have to draw attention and game planning by DCs.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,753
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    That just it health is a problem. Heuerman looked much improved when healthy last year. Fumagali can be your blocking TE. Butt when healthy is a really, really good player. Lets hope we can stay healthier at the TE position this year.
    Denver had four Big 10 TEs last year three of whom ended up on IR. The Broncos could have re-signed Lacosse, but re-signed Heuerman instead. For the moment I'll regard that as an informed decision and wait to see if they address the position in the Draft.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,753
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That's a big IF.
    It sure is, especially in regards to Butt. Interesting they re-signed Heuerman and not Lacosse. Maybe we get to see Fumagalli play football this year. Two years ago George Kittle was drafted soon after Jake But.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ft. Lewis, Washington
    Posts
    3,508
    I wish Butt could stay healthy. I think he could be a big time receiving TE. If only he could stay healthy...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver had four Big 10 TEs last year three of whom ended up on IR. The Broncos could have re-signed Lacosse, but re-signed Heuerman instead. For the moment I'll regard that as an informed decision and wait to see if they address the position in the Draft.
    Yes we could have had LaCosse for a good bit less too. I was very disappointed with that move. We shall see how it all plays out.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    ― Mark Twain



  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,521
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It sure is, especially in regards to Butt. Interesting they re-signed Heuerman and not Lacosse. Maybe we get to see Fumagalli play football this year. Two years ago George Kittle was drafted soon after Jake But.
    That is the risk we took as a team when we drafted these guys....Jeff H came to us hurt. So did Butt. I am really shocked how many are surprised that neither have been stellar for us...

    My surgeon once told me that the #1 tell tale sign when someone came to see him was that they'd seen him or someone like him before....I extrapolate but we've seen many TEs before who are injury prone and not do well. I'd argue that the only one who fits that mold and was worth every dime they made was Gronk. Even when we look at other immensely talented TEs like Jordan Reid. Typically once they show they get hurt....its a trend. Then at that point you're left saying "oh yea that guy is really good...Butt he's always hurt".

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Alberton Montana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    That is the risk we took as a team when we drafted these guys....Jeff H came to us hurt. So did Butt. I am really shocked how many are surprised that neither have been stellar for us...

    My surgeon once told me that the #1 tell tale sign when someone came to see him was that they'd seen him or someone like him before....I extrapolate but we've seen many TEs before who are injury prone and not do well. I'd argue that the only one who fits that mold and was worth every dime they made was Gronk. Even when we look at other immensely talented TEs like Jordan Reid. Typically once they show they get hurt....its a trend. Then at that point you're left saying "oh yea that guy is really good...Butt he's always hurt".
    That's why I think we should go after one the top tight ends with the 10 pick.
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,743
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It sure is, especially in regards to Butt. Interesting they re-signed Heuerman and not Lacosse. Maybe we get to see Fumagalli play football this year. Two years ago George Kittle was drafted soon after Jake But.
    I believe Heuerman was re-signed because of his ability as an in-line blocker, which I don't recall La Cosse being able to do well.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,780
    I guess I am less positive than most. I dont think Denver has a starting quality TE on the roster and should draft one in the top 3 rounds (depending on who else is available at the pick)
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Alberton Montana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I guess I am less positive than most. I dont think Denver has a starting quality TE on the roster and should draft one in the top 3 rounds (depending on who else is available at the pick)
    I'm with you................
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,890
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I guess I am less positive than most. I dont think Denver has a starting quality TE on the roster and should draft one in the top 3 rounds (depending on who else is available at the pick)
    I think they potentially have a couple starting quality TEs, just have the nasty staying healthy issue to resolve.

    I see a lot of inexperience at TE. Not sure another one is the answer. I'd prefer they target a vet to mentor the room. Still a few options that shouldn't break the bank.

    Kendricks, Williams, Safarian -Jenkins, Gresham all still available. Those are just names I recognize from the "still available" list. A couple may be bad options or I'm missing some others that might fit better. But experience counts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •