• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legend
    Bench Warmer
    • Jan 2005

I'm coming to Denver!

I'm coming to Denver for the third time in June for a few days to take my daughter to the Billie Eilish gig at the Red Rocks Ampitheater. Can't wait to get another Broncos coffee mug and maybe an Adam Gotsis jersey given he is an Aussie.

I've done Pikes Peak but was wondering what are some good day trips from Denver. What are the must sees? What is the weather going to be like? I know it's early summer but what you guys get and what we get in Sydney may be two very different things.
    www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB
  • Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    team preacher
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by legend View Post
    I'm coming to Denver for the third time in June for a few days to take my daughter to the Billie Eilish gig at the Red Rocks Ampitheater. Can't wait to get another Broncos coffee mug and maybe an Adam Gotsis jersey given he is an Aussie.

I've done Pikes Peak but was wondering what are some good day trips from Denver. What are the must sees? What is the weather going to be like? I know it's early summer but what you guys get and what we get in Sydney may be two very different things.
    Colorado has 4 of the ten highest mountain peaks in the Lowe 48, all over 14k feet. You check to see if one is within a short distance of Denver.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

Air Force Academy maybe. Graduated high school from there.
      The Broadmoor , comes to mind.
      Denver botanical garden
      Welcome to Denver Botanic Gardens

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2012

Go to Rocky Mountain National Park take Trail Ridge Road ... I believe it is still the highest through paved road in the world. Around June 5th it will still have some snow drifts that the plows cut through to clear the road that will be at least 20 feet high in some areas... IF they get it open in time; they will.

It is ~1.5 hours to get there and can take a couple of hours to travel through the park. Estes Park is on the east side and Grand Lake on the west side... this is a spectacular "tour" you'll never forget. It can get cold up around the top anytime of year, take a coat.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X