Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You think the Bronco's front office isn't interested in the best TE and Linebackers in the draft? And massive talents in Oliver and Williams? That would be interesting.
    I think that is more likely than they are not bringing them in to keep their preferences secret.

Here is some ideas why the may not be interested in these players. Not saying this is accurate, just some ideas. There have been rumors about Fangio not being totally impressed with the Bushes. They may not be too high on a TE at 10 due to Heuerman and Butt. Oliver may not be a fit for the system, he very likely won't fall to 10 and DE isn't really a big need. Greedy Williams at 10 is too high, imo, and he won't be around in the 2nd.

It's also possible they have seen all they need to see from some of them.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-10-2019 at 05:52 PM.

I'm not sure that list means anything TBH

Here are last years visits - https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-the-nfl-draft

Out of that whole list we drafted ONE player on there, a mid round pick (Jewell)

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I'm not sure that list means anything TBH

Here are last years visits - https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-the-nfl-draft

Out of that whole list we drafted ONE player on there, a mid round pick (Jewell)
    2, we drafted Bierria too.

Itís hard to say what the visits mean. Maybe some of these guys were players they considered trading back for i.e. Vita Vea, James Daniels. Maybe some of these players didnít do so well in the visit and were taken out of consideration. The QBs are obviously just due diligence.

These visits just kind of tell us what the FO thinks are weak areas that they need to address. 4 ILBs visited 2 were drafted, 4 RBs visited 2 were drafted and Phillip was a UDFA, 4 WRs visited 2 were drafted, 1 C visited and we drafted a OG thatíll probably be moved to C. Sutton being there in the 2nd probably stopped us from drafting Oliver or Jackson and Yiadom was on our team in the Senior Bowl as was Hamilton and Fumagalli.

I canít find anything on their visits to pro days or combine meetings from last year but the team drafted at least 5 guys they personally vetted last year.

It seems to have been pretty consistent the last 4-5 years hearing from our first round picks they didnít know Elway was interested and had little interaction with them before the draft. I wish they would have spent a lot of time with Paxton....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It seems to have been pretty consistent the last 4-5 years hearing from our first round picks they didnít know Elway was interested and had little interaction with them before the draft. I wish they would have spent a lot of time with Paxton....
    Thatís not necessarily a good thing. Outside of Chubb which first rounder has really panned out?

They are all gone except for Bolles who may be in his final year as a Bronco

It seems to have been pretty consistent the last 4-5 years hearing from our first round picks they didn’t know Elway was interested and had little interaction with them before the draft. I wish they would have spent a lot of time with Paxton....
    If that's the case it does look good for lock lovers as according to them Elway has been all over him since going to his game last year. Elway continue to.show your love for lock please.

It seems to have been pretty consistent the last 4-5 years hearing from our first round picks they didn’t know Elway was interested and had little interaction with them before the draft. I wish they would have spent a lot of time with Paxton....
    If that's the case it does look good for lock lovers as according to them Elway has been all over him since going to his game last year. Elway continue to.show your love for lock please.

hahahaha...agreed

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Thatís not necessarily a good thing. Outside of Chubb which first rounder has really panned out?

They are all gone except for Bolles who may be in his final year as a Bronco
    Well, it doesnít mean they werenít good players. It just means the players got better money elsewhere with the exception of Paxton.

Wolfe was our first pick the year he was drafted taken early in the second and Miller has been, well, Von Miller.

Well, it doesnít mean they werenít good players. It just means the players got better money elsewhere with the exception of Paxton.

Wolfe was our first pick the year he was drafted taken early in the second and Miller has been, well, Von Miller.
    I guess I wasnít completely going through the entire list of first round picks in my head when I responded.

I suppose it could be argued that while he was only required to back up chj and Talib for the first that Roby was an adequate pick. However once he had to cover WR1 or 2 he wasnít necessarily worth a first round pick. I get it though we got value out of him.

Same could be said for Ray. When he only had to be the third man behind Von and Ware he was efficient. But once Ware retired and injuries occurred he wasnít. For our SB team he was a solid pick contributor. But since then kind of not.

Bolles doesnít appear to be a solid pick. Though Munchak could change that.

Chubb and Von are both legit and I donít recall how much Elway bothered with visiting Von. But I do believe they attended his pro day.

Iím drawing blanks right now on any other first round picks. Well Iím intentionally blocking out Lynch.