Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It was definitely a poor effort. I think we're starting to see a lack of playoff experience becoming a factor. It also doesn't help when we're getting very little from two of our alleged top 6 forwards, Kerfoot and Jost. Hopefully the Avs rebound in game 4.
    Didnít get much effort out of Rantanen either.

They just looked tired and exhausted which doesnít make sense in only game 3 after a week rest. Like you said could be lack of experience with the grind of the playoffs.

Also I know Makar was drafted for his all around skill and we want him to be who he is. But heís made some mistakes being too aggressive offensively that have led to so many odd man rushes the other way. I think he is a little too used to college level being so superior to the other athletes where he thinks he can quickly recover if he goes deep into the zone. But in the NHL you canít if you donít finish. Donít get me wrong the kid is good and I love the effort so far. But he was a little bit of a defensive liability last night.

Blue Jackets ran out of magic.....

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Blue Jackets ran out of magic.....
    The game could have easily gone their way:

- McAvoy probably deserves a 5 minute major, which would have given them a great chance to tie the game up
    - Rask was crazy good
    - The Bruins cross bar was even better!

Havenít been this excited for an Avs game in nearly a decade. Hope they donít come out flat.

Tonight's game should be a good one! Hopefully as good as last night's. Then again, if not for Bishop, St. L wins easy! They truly deserved the victory. And again, even if a little biased, the level of play and intensity and excitement was nearly perfect. The skill and compete levels were off the charts!!

St. Lou over San Jose
    Carolina over The Bruins

St. Lou wins the cup. Good goalie, one of the best overall Ds in the league, some snipers up front along with a grinding group of forwards. Hottest team entering the playoffs. I think it's their year.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-09-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Tough ending for the Avs, but they will certainly be back. They just had maybe their best season in a decade. Their young core will only get better. They also have some promising youngsters coming down the pike, plus two 1st round picks in the upcoming draft, one of which the 4th overall.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    St. Lou over San Jose
    Carolina over The Bruins

St. Lou wins the cup. Good goalie, one of the best overall Ds in the league, some snipers up front along with a grinding group of forwards. Hottest team entering the playoffs. I think it's their year.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take it all. They have good fans and they deserve it after so many years.

Tough ending for the Avs, but they will certainly be back. They just had maybe their best season in a decade. Their young core will only get better. They also have some promising youngsters coming down the pike, plus two 1st round picks in the upcoming draft, one of which the 4th overall.
    Yes, I too like the Avs future, as should the loyal fans. They officially have the 4th and 16th picks in this year's draft, which make them pretty lethal. At 4 you can expect to land a future star, and even at 16, the odds are pretty good. In fact, 2 players of that calibre can shape the future of an NHL team. But already having a good team makes this situation that much more positive for the organization, and the fans. They have one of the best lines in hockey, along with a good D and goalie. And after this playoff run, the team will be that much more ready next time they make postseason play. Youth will definitely be a factor in the years to come.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take it all. They have good fans and they deserve it after so many years.
    Yes....The Blues are a handful and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes, I too like the Avs future, as should the loyal fans. They officially have the 4th and 16th picks in this year's draft, which make them pretty lethal. At 4 you can expect to land a future star, and even at 16, the odds are pretty good. In fact, 2 players of that calibre can shape the future of an NHL team. But already having a good team makes this situation that much more positive for the organization, and the fans. They have one of the best lines in hockey, along with a good D and goalie. And after this playoff run, the team will be that much more ready next time they make postseason play. Youth will definitely be a factor in the years to come.

Yes....The Blues are a handful and rightfully so.

Yes, I can say the same thing about my wife, and I like her too.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]

Yes, I can say the same thing about my wife, and I like her too.
    Does she give you the blues (sometimes)??

So much for Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So much for Carolina.
    They came out strong, and in my opinion, deserved to win.....except for a guy named Rask.

San Jose should have made some wagers when they played Vegas, because they seem to be rolling in luck these playoffs. The "imaginary" 5 minute major in game 7 against Vegas changed the game completely around. It was an error that the NHL apologized for, which is a rarely done thing. And last night, in OT, a hand pass for the winning goal, in which none of the refs saw it happen...which is a call that can not be reversed by video. Which is a travesty, given most of us saw it happen on tv. That victory could win the series for them.

I don't mind this team, but I think their luck may run out soon. I could be wrong.

Bruins are going to bring home another cup, it seems