Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    There was 10 ot games in the playoffs last there. This year theres been 10 ot games played in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Hi, Rem!

Sorry about your team.

Too bad the Caps are gone. I guess they missed Oshie and Kempny? Also, too bad about the bad call on Vegas. I guess it happens in all sports.

Go Bruins!
    The Bruins are in good shape. They'll have home ice throughout the rest of the playoffs and don't have to worry about Washington or Tampa Bay.

Iím stoked the Nuggets won. But the first round proved why NHL playoffs are better than NBA. NBA had 0 upsets first round. 0. And 6 of the 8 series didnít even go 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    The Bruins are in good shape. They'll have home ice throughout the rest of the playoffs and don't have to worry about Washington or Tampa Bay.
    They already blew home ice.

Carolina is sure making a case for winning The Cup. Could be the dark horse of the season. Columbus isn't going away fast either. This continues to look like the year of the underdogs, though still a ways away.

I know I am biased, but when you listen to playoff hockey, including the announcers and the fans, it is clear to me that hockey is easily one of the very best and most exciting sports. The action is end to end, with few breaks...yes, intermissions and commercials. But the game is fast, dynamic, tough and often beautiful in terms of the skills/flow/speed. Again, biased....but will always be a huge fan.

Home ice has officially been stolen in every series. These next couple of games will be very interesting for each series.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    They already blew home ice.
    When I posted they hadn't played game 2 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Carolina is sure making a case for winning The Cup. Could be the dark horse of the season. Columbus isn't going away fast either. This continues to look like the year of the underdogs, though still a ways away.

I know I am biased, but when you listen to playoff hockey, including the announcers and the fans, it is clear to me that hockey is easily one of the very best and most exciting sports. The action is end to end, with few breaks...yes, intermissions and commercials. But the game is fast, dynamic, tough and often beautiful in terms of the skills/flow/speed. Again, biased....but will always be a huge fan.
    Hockey may be the best pure sport of all. Everything you said about it is correct. Years ago, I used to think hockey was just soccer on ice. How incredibly wrong I was. I started watching in 1999 and was lucky the hometown team had incredible players like Sakic, Forsberg, and Roy to appreciate.

Hockey may be the best pure sport of all. Everything you said about it is correct. Years ago, I used to think hockey was just soccer on ice. How incredibly wrong I was. I started watching in 1999 and was lucky the hometown team had incredible players like Sakic, Forsberg, and Roy to appreciate.
    That was one fabulous team!!! Some of the best players to ever play the game!!

I don't know if I can explain one basic aspect of it, because as a kid growing up in a hockey atmosphere it has never left me....but to this day, if I hold a stick in my hands and maybe go out on the street with the local kids to play some ball hockey, I get a thrill thinking about picking a corner of the net. It's even better when you beat a good goalie with a perfectly placed shot. Even making a crisp pass to someone breaking out gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Hockey is a beautiful game, and the guys playing it in the playoffs are putting every ounce of energy into it, every shift!
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2019 at 06:48 PM.

When I posted they hadn't played game 2 yet.
    My bad. I read it after the game and didnít catch the date on yours. I saw 2 am time stamp but didnít catch 4/26 versus 4/27.

I feel like this is St. Lou's year. They are showing resilience, excellent goaltending, quality D and loads of hustle up front. They were the hottest team in the NHL in the latter part of the season, which is no surprise these days. They are finding ways to win, including beating my Jets in 6 games. And no surprise, have not lost on the road in the playoffs....a sign of a team that is confident and focussed.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I feel like this is St. Lou's year. They are showing resilience, excellent goaltending, quality D and loads of hustle up front. They were the hottest team in the NHL in the latter part of the season, which is no surprise these days. They are finding ways to win, including beating my Jets in 6 games. And no surprise, have not lost on the road in the playoffs....a sign of a team that is confident and focussed.
    No itís clearly the year of the 8 seeds Can.

Go Jackets!!!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Well we blew it. Guess I spoke too soon about the 8 seeds. We came out completely flat.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well we blew it. Guess I spoke too soon about the 8 seeds. We came out completely flat.
    It was definitely a poor effort. I think we're starting to see a lack of playoff experience becoming a factor. It also doesn't help when we're getting very little from two of our alleged top 6 forwards, Kerfoot and Jost. Hopefully the Avs rebound in game 4.