Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trading Block.

Should Denver make a run at Russell Wilson?

Wilson Facts:
    He's 30 yrs old. (11/29/88)
    Final year of his 2015, four-year, $87.6 million contract extension.
    Gave Seattle an April 15th deadline to re-re-sign him.
    5 Pro Bowls
    Super Bowl Champion ( Sea 43 / Den 08 )

"Wilson will presumably get over $30 million annually. Hes probably going to go against that Matt Ryan number ($94.5 million) as far as fully guaranteed money goes...If Im Seattle, if I can get two first-rounders for Wilson, I think Im doing that."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/08/se...tiations-trade

Thoughts?

My thoughts are Seattle is t trading Wilson. Its all just drama right now but theyll make a deal.

He is the face of the franchise. Sure they dont win the super bowl without that monster D but he was still a huge reason why. Theyll get it done. Nothing to see here in my opinion.

Although its not going to happen I still like talking about what it would realistically take to get him.

-We would have to dump Flacco or trade him.
    -We would need to make cuts like Sanders and Wolfe to get money for his contract unless we extend Wilson and the contract really starts next year when we have all this game space.
    - We would have to give up the 10th overall and a 1st next year. Along with something else prob.

Way too rich for me but I wouldnt be upset if it happened.

He is looking to be the highest paid qb.... where do we get that cap space?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Im never a fan of giving up two firsts for one player. Wilson is good but still needs talent around him. Weve seen how many times the talent in Seattle has cost him. Mainly from that atrocious oline.

We cant afford to mortgage the next two years for him and expect to improve the roster.

I would prefer to say offer 10, Flacco and maybe a 2nd or third. After all theyll need a qb back and obviously want one cheaper.

But I still would worry a first and a 2nd would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    He is looking to be the highest paid qb.... where do we get that cap space?
    Youd have to dump Flacco obviously. But then maybe construct a signing bonus to push some of the cap to future years? Not take it all this year?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    My thoughts are Seattle is t trading Wilson. Its all just drama right now but theyll make a deal.

He is the face of the franchise. Sure they dont win the super bowl without that monster D but he was still a huge reason why. Theyll get it done. Nothing to see here in my opinion.
    Its rumored that Carol isnt very high on him anymore. I think they definitely explore the idea.

no thanks

There doesnt seem to be any credibility to this rumor. This is just two talking heads discussing what ifs.They have no sources indicating Seattle will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There doesnt seem to be any credibility to this rumor. This is just two talking heads discussing “what if’s”.They have no sources indicating Seattle will do this.
    agreed. doubt Wilson goes anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There doesnt seem to be any credibility to this rumor. This is just two talking heads discussing “what if’s”.They have no sources indicating Seattle will do this.
    There's also a video on NFL.com with Jack Del Rio talking about this potential trade.
    Is that "credibility" for you?

Everything is "what if's" until an offer is sent.

Not saying it's going to happen but here we are typing away.

Always wondering which team's QB we'll try next, the life of a Denver Bronco fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Always wondering which team's QB we'll try next, the life of a Denver Bronco fan.
    Well Elway minimizes his failures at drafting a qb if he just kicks the can every year and settles for league average veterans.

No way they would trade him. But if he was available we should be all over it.

Wilson is a top 5 quarterback. He is just now entering his prime. He's extremely durable.

With the talent that's on this team we would instantly be Super Bowl contenders and would be so year in and year out. He would be a franchise QB for 8-10 years.

I'd give up 3 firsts for Wilson. No question.

This is an all in fun exercise.....and would he want to come here? That may be part of the negotiation, given Wilson deserves some respect from his ownership.

But say a trade is available:

1) Obviously Joe is gonzo.
    2) Our 1st pick is a gimme, because Wilson is easily a better pick than #10 of a batch of college students.
    3) So.....now lets get deeper into it. What else do we offer? If it was a 2nd to complete the deal, maybe a 2nd from next year. But sure, I would love Wilson for the next 3-5 years, so I'd give 'em Joe, our 1st, and 3rd, or our 2nd from '20.