Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This is an all in fun exercise.....and would he want to come here? That may be part of the negotiation, given Wilson deserves some respect from his ownership.

But say a trade is available:

1) Obviously Joe is gonzo.
    2) Our 1st pick is a gimme, because Wilson is easily a better pick than #10 of a batch of college students.
    3) So.....now lets get deeper into it. What else do we offer? If it was a 2nd to complete the deal, maybe a 2nd from next year. But sure, I would love Wilson for the next 3-5 years, so I'd give 'em Joe, our 1st, and 3rd, or our 2nd from '20.
    This is my thinking as well. If it’s unicorn turned into a real trade option I would say try to deal the 2020 second rounder to complete the deal.

And the most exciting part would be done with Flacco before pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    There's also a video on NFL.com with Jack Del Rio talking about this potential trade.
    Is that "credibility" for you?

Everything is "what if's" until an offer is sent.

Not saying it's going to happen but here we are typing away.
    I wasn’t questioning your credibility. I was questioning the credibility of the rumor. If you say other sources say it’s credible I believe you. I haven’t put as much effort into it as you have.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    This is my thinking as well. If it’s unicorn turned into a real trade option I would say try to deal the 2020 second rounder to complete the deal.

And the most exciting part would be done with Flacco before pre-season.
    Hey DB....at least these "highly unlikely" scenarios give us some opportunity to dream a little!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I wasn’t questioning your credibility. I was questioning the credibility of the rumor. If you say other sources say it’s credible I believe you. I haven’t put as much effort into it as you have.
    All good.

I was skeptical given the source too, but that changed after a quick internet search
    and watching Del Rio's take on the situation.

It could just be a slow news day on the NFL front or something potentially more.
    After all, some of these recent blockbuster trades appeared to come out of the blue.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There doesnt seem to be any credibility to this rumor. This is just two talking heads discussing “what if’s”.They have no sources indicating Seattle will do this.
    "Excitabat enim fluctus in simpulo." ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    "Excitabat enim fluctus in simpulo." ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
    So you're saying a 1st in '19 and a 2nd in '20, and Flacco, will get the job done!!!

That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    No way they would trade him. But if he was available we should be all over it.

Wilson is a top 5 quarterback. He is just now entering his prime. He's extremely durable.

With the talent that's on this team we would instantly be Super Bowl contenders and would be so year in and year out. He would be a franchise QB for 8-10 years.

I'd give up 3 firsts for Wilson. No question.
    Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Ben, Rodgers. i don't see Wilson fitting in there.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

Maybe that's just his subjective list?
    Also, didn't Brady just retire?

Although, I am unsure Wilson would be in my top five QB list either.
    Top 32, yes.

Ben who? Roethlisburger? That man is not top 5.

Also I wouldn’t automatically place Mahomes there yet. Statistically off one season yes the potential is there. If we are only going off last year.

But Wilson has earned a lot more respect from me than to automatically hand that to Mahomes. I fully believe Wilson could’ve taken that roster and done the same thing and probably doesn’t even choke in the AFcCG.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Maybe that's just his subjective list?
    Also, didn't Brady just retire?

Although, I am unsure Wilson would be in my top five QB list either.
    Top 32, yes.
    Lol no Brady did not retire. You must be thinking of Gronk.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ben who? Roethlisburger? That man is not top 5.

Also I wouldn’t automatically place Mahomes there yet. Statistically off one season yes the potential is there. If we are only going off last year.

But Wilson has earned a lot more respect from me than to automatically hand that to Mahomes. I fully believe Wilson could’ve taken that roster and done the same thing and probably doesn’t even choke in the AFcCG.
    I think he is.

I think the question is more along the lines of, who would do better as our QB? If each of these guys is perceived to be the better fit, I concur. But I believe Wilson could do more for us than Ben, maybe more than each of these players, at this point in their careers. Think about Olines. Is ours better than each of the teams associated with the QBs you mention?

Wont happen, he wants to be paid as the highest paid QB in the league. We cant afford that with Von needing resigned in a couple years and Chubb right behind him

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I think he is.
    If we are going on pure yardage sure. But he also led the league in interceptions which easily cost them a game or two. When they lost the division by 1 game.

Wilson had 1 more TD pass. But traded in 1500 yards for 9 less interceptions.

I don’t know the numbers but i would imagine he added a lot more rushing value than Big Ben too. And played behind a worse oline with less weapon talent.

Maybe a couple of years ago i would’ve agreed with you. But right now I don’t think mentally Big Ben is still the same Big Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Wont happen, he wants to be paid as the highest paid QB in the league. We cant afford that with Von needing resigned in a couple years and Chubb right behind him
    We’ve got 3 years before Vons contract is up and 3 before we can even option Chubb.

I wouldn’t see flipping Flacco’s $22/yr for Wilson at $29-30/yr having much bearing on those two.

Especially considering by 2022 the salary cap will be over $200/yr