Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol no Brady did not retire. You must be thinking of Gronk.
    You're right, Brady did not retire.

A while back, I hastily read a Fox News article title which read "Tom Brady announces he's 'retiring,' but there's a catch" and thought, "Well, isn't that nice." Then proceeded to skip the article.

After just now skimming the article, it was a twitter April Fools joke.
    He'll be back. Maybe Denver can trade for Brady? lol

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Thereís no way Wilson is up for trade.

They have this season and two more years with the tag before they cut bait.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Oh the Life and Joy of the Off Season LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Thereís no way Wilson is up for trade.

They have this season and two more years with the tag before they cut bait.
    Yeah, I think that is the case. They would rather tag Wilson before letting him walk.

I would happily give up two 1st round picks for him. He's perhaps the best playmaking QB in the game. His stats are very good despite Seattle being a mostly defensive oriented team. You want someone legit to counter Mahomes and Rivers for the next 5-7 years? Here you go.

No way Russell Wilson plays in Denver. If he goes anywhere it will be N.Y. , his wife would like to live in the big Apple. Because of her carrier. That's the news out of Seattle.

Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Ben, Rodgers. i don't see Wilson fitting in there.
    I'd take Wilson over any of those QBs (except for Mahomes).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I'd take Wilson over any of those QBs (except for Mahomes).
    There are 3 or 4 HoF QBs there. Wilson isn't a HoF player yet. each to his own though. Maybe long term I could see taking Wilson over guys like Brady, Rodgers and Brees due to age but he isn't in their league as a player, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    There are 3 or 4 HoF QBs there. Wilson isn't a HoF player yet. each to his own though. Maybe long term I could see taking Wilson over guys like Brady, Rodgers and Brees due to age but he isn't in their league as a player, imo.
    Check his record head to head with each of them...he's beaten everyone of them.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I forgot where itís a 1 man sport and has nothing to do with his teams being far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Saints lost to Bucs last year. Fitz is a better QB than Brees?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Saints lost to Bucs last year. Fitz is a better QB than Brees?
    That was a bad comparison. Russell Wilson was known for beating the top QBs in the in league in the first part of his career. Did he have a nice team around him, yes. But doesnít take away from the fact that he has been a top tier QB that doesnít cave under pressure and can win the big games.

Here is an article of how good heís played against those teams in the beginning of his career.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/stat-russell-wilson-nfl-best-quarterbacks-2014-9
    Last edited by Murph2432; 04-10-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    That was a bad comparison. Russell Wilson was known for beating the top QBs in the in league in the first part of his career. Did he have a nice team around him, yes. But doesn’t take away from the fact that he has been a top tier QB that doesn’t cave under pressure and can win the big games.

Here is an article of how good he’s played against those teams in the beginning of his career.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/stat...erbacks-2014-9
    it wasn't bad comparison. The post I responded to mentioned head to head wins, and it was from last year. Not sure what you mean about not caving under pressure and winning big games. That can be said about a lot of NFL QBs.

Your article is 5 years old. Last year Seahawks lost twice to the Rams. They also lost to them in 2017. Wilson vs Goff? Seahawks lost to the Packers in 2017, 2016, and 2015. Wilson vs Rodgers? Seahawks lost to Saints in 2016

Rodgers. SB MVP and 2 All pros.
    Brady. Maybe the best ever. 4 times SB MVP, 3 time NFL MVP. 5 all pros and 2 offensive player of the year.
    Brees. SB MVP, 5 All Pro. 2 time NFL Offensive player of the year.

Wilson. none of these awards.

Russell Wilson is a good QB but he isn't in their category unless you take age and extended projections into account. Even for just 1 year, I would still take any of those 3 over Wilson.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-10-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Don't think there's 5 quarterbacks I'd take over Wilson right now. I felt that way going into last season, and all 2018 did was reassure me of that. Tyler Lockett and what, exactly? Baldwin needed knee surgery all year. Best receiving tight end was a rookie who blocked in college. Carson is hardly a receiving back. They finally ran the ball well (Seriously, go look at how bad their running game had been since Lynch retired), but the defense was hardly dominant. That team's philosophy this year was to try to keep the game close, and let Wilson win it in the end. He got them into the playoffs, and I didn't hear anybody pick them to get in before the season. After the first quarter of the season, they'd been written off almost entirely.

It should be silly to even talk about Seattle trading him, but they did sign Paxton Lynch after his unprecedented failure here and at one point almost brought in Kaepernick. These guys may not be the brightest bulbs on the tree.

I would give up 2 1sts and Chris Harris in a heartbeat. Then cut Flacco to free up enough money to sign him.

Wilson is the real deal and would instantly make us a Super Bowl contender.

Elway would never make a move like this though.