Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    743

    If traded, what NFL team would give Philip Rivers the best chance for a SB Ring?

    It would most likely have to be as a back-up but you never know. Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints (how bizarre would that be) or the Denver Broncos? Imagine if that happened!
    Utah Bronco Freak

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,627
    I would say he would improve the Ravens the most. Maybe, Chicago or Philly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,553
    pointless thread.

    #1 rivers would never up-root his family from San Diego, he didn't even do it to move 120 miles north to LA. which is why he has that sick SUV to commute from SD.



    #2 Rivers has a no trade clause in his contract. sure he could approve a trade but he is now going to up-root his entire family to some new city to play for a year or two when he wasn't even willing to do it to move close by to LA?

    #3 rivers is on the last year of his contract. if he doesn't re-sign with the chargers he will retire. He is not going to any other team. the only other team that would be possible would be the titans because it's close to his home town which is about two times the distance of the commute he makes right now from SD

    #4 rivers' best chance to win at the end of his career is with the team he's on now and he believes that. if he wants to keep playing to try and win a ring he will stay a charger, otherwise he will retire......those are his options.

    like i told you before, i will leave this forum for good if rivers ever plays for another team......it wont happen.

    /thread

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    It would most likely have to be as a back-up but you never know. Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints (how bizarre would that be) or the Denver Broncos? Imagine if that happened!
    Uh maybe he could go sit behind Bo Levi Mitchell and win a championship with the Calgary Stampeders!

    Maybe he can charter a sick cessna since heís unwilling to up root his family according to the poster above me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    pointless thread.

    #1 rivers would never up-root his family from San Diego, he didn't even do it to move 120 miles north to LA. which is why he has that sick SUV to commute from SD.



    #2 Rivers has a no trade clause in his contract. sure he could approve a trade but he is now going to up-root his entire family to some new city to play for a year or two when he wasn't even willing to do it to move close by to LA?

    #3 rivers is on the last year of his contract. if he doesn't re-sign with the chargers he will retire. He is not going to any other team. the only other team that would be possible would be the titans because it's close to his home town which is about two times the distance of the commute he makes right now from SD

    #4 rivers' best chance to win at the end of his career is with the team he's on now and he believes that. if he wants to keep playing to try and win a ring he will stay a charger, otherwise he will retire......those are his options.

    like i told you before, i will leave this forum for good if rivers ever plays for another team......it wont happen.

    /thread
    #1 - I don't blame him for not up-rooting his family for LA. There's plenty of Charger fans that would drive him there 24-7-365 for free. I'd bet you would be 1st in line baph if you lived close by.

    #2 - Never say never!

    #3 - Being homesick and desperate for a RING can do odd things to your mind in California.
    See #2 above.

    #4 - That's only your opinion unless you happen to be Rivers best friend with day to day knowledge of what he's thinking AND you will never leave this forum baph......it won't happen.....unless you die.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,553
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    #1 - I don't blame him for not up-rooting his family for LA. There's plenty of Charger fans that would drive him there 24-7-365 for free. I'd bet you would be 1st in line baph if you lived close by.

    #2 - Never say never!

    #3 - Being homesick and desperate for a RING can do odd things to your mind in California.
    See #2 above.

    #4 - That's only your opinion unless you happen to be Rivers best friend with day to day knowledge of what he's thinking AND you will never leave this forum baph......it won't happen.....unless you die.
    this is dumb, it truly is. i know it's the off season but why don't you talk smack about something that actually has a chance of happening? like john elway getting the axe in the next few years for example......that is a much more likely scenario than this ignorant crap you keep talking about.

    also, i'm a man of my word, if i say i'll do something, i do it. but there is literally no chance of rivers ever playing for another team......ZERO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Uh maybe he could go sit behind Bo Levi Mitchell and win a championship with the Calgary Stampeders!

    Maybe he can charter a sick cessna since he’s unwilling to up root his family according to the poster above me.
    according to me? this is common knowledge dude. it's a fact that he didn't want to uproot his family to move only 120 miles north at this point in his career so he bought an SUV that he can watch film in and commute every day, why do you think that is?

    I wouldn't be surprised if rivers hangs em up after this season to be honest. if he doesn't sign an extension with the chargers this off season, that's what's going to happen.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-11-2019 at 08:47 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    It would most likely have to be as a back-up but you never know. Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints (how bizarre would that be) or the Denver Broncos? Imagine if that happened!
    Doubt the Broncos due to our porous OL.

    His best and most realistic opportunity outside of LAC is JAX, IMO.

    Rivers would have a solid OL coupled with RB Fournette and a solid WR core behind WR DJ Chark Jr.

    The defense is still pretty stout.

    So, JAX.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    according to me? this is common knowledge dude. it's a fact that he didn't want to uproot his family to move only 120 miles north at this point in his career so he bought an SUV that he can watch film in and commute every day, why do you think that is?

    I wouldn't be surprised if rivers hangs em up after this season to be honest. if he doesn't sign an extension with the chargers this off season, that's what's going to happen.
    Does he drive himself? Iíd find it disturbing if heís watching game film while commuting from SD to LA.

    The SUV could a family vehicle with all his kids. I mean what father wouldnít have a DVD player in his veg so his kids would be entertained during road trips.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Does he drive himself? I’d find it disturbing if he’s watching game film while commuting from SD to LA.

    The SUV could a family vehicle with all his kids. I mean what father wouldn’t have a DVD player in his veg so his kids would be entertained during road trips.
    you're either failing at trolling again or common sense has eluded you.



    He found a lavish solution. As detailed by the Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Rivers purchased an SUV with a luxurious film room so he can study on the road. Not accounting for the driver he must hire to use the mobile office, the vehicle cost "upwards of $200,000.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you're either failing at trolling again or common sense has eluded you.

    Certainly deserving of any mocking he receives.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you're either failing at trolling again or common sense has eluded you.

    Dude that is an RV not an SUV... Iím failing at trolling lol you need to get it right with your trolling! Obviously everyone knows the difference between an SUV and an RV.

    Sorry I could never live up to the king of the trolls.
    Haha barph and main conspiring against me. The troll king and his little minion.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-13-2019 at 07:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Dude that is an RV not an SUV... I’m failing at trolling lol you need to get it right with your trolling! Obviously everyone knows the difference between an SUV and an RV.

    Sorry I could never live up to the king of the trolls.
    Haha barph and main conspiring against me. The troll king and his little minion.
    It's a converted Cadillac Escalade ..... It is a SUV




    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningRules View Post
    It's a converted Cadillac Escalade ..... It is a SUV






    sam in this thread

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post


    sam in this thread
    That picture you posted was deceiving and even Manning rules could see that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •