If traded, what NFL team would give Philip Rivers the best chance for a SB Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzbodog
    Football Immortal
    • Aug 2007

If traded, what NFL team would give Philip Rivers the best chance for a SB Ring?

It would most likely have to be as a back-up but you never know. Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints (how bizarre would that be) or the Denver Broncos? Imagine if that happened!
    Utah Bronco Freak
  • the0rangecrush
    Captain
    • Apr 2009

I would say he would improve the Ravens the most. Maybe, Chicago or Philly.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• baphamet
      Family Trust Beer
      • Nov 2006

pointless thread.

#1 rivers would never up-root his family from San Diego, he didn't even do it to move 120 miles north to LA. which is why he has that sick SUV to commute from SD.

#2 Rivers has a no trade clause in his contract. sure he could approve a trade but he is now going to up-root his entire family to some new city to play for a year or two when he wasn't even willing to do it to move close by to LA?

#3 rivers is on the last year of his contract. if he doesn't re-sign with the chargers he will retire. He is not going to any other team. the only other team that would be possible would be the titans because it's close to his home town which is about two times the distance of the commute he makes right now from SD

#4 rivers' best chance to win at the end of his career is with the team he's on now and he believes that. if he wants to keep playing to try and win a ring he will stay a charger, otherwise he will retire......those are his options.

like i told you before, i will leave this forum for good if rivers ever plays for another team......it wont happen.

/thread

Comment

• Sam_Z
        Banned User
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
        It would most likely have to be as a back-up but you never know. Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints (how bizarre would that be) or the Denver Broncos? Imagine if that happened!
        Uh maybe he could go sit behind Bo Levi Mitchell and win a championship with the Calgary Stampeders!

Maybe he can charter a sick cessna since he’s unwilling to up root his family according to the poster above me.

Comment

• jazzbodog
          Football Immortal
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          pointless thread.

#1 rivers would never up-root his family from San Diego, he didn't even do it to move 120 miles north to LA. which is why he has that sick SUV to commute from SD.

#2 Rivers has a no trade clause in his contract. sure he could approve a trade but he is now going to up-root his entire family to some new city to play for a year or two when he wasn't even willing to do it to move close by to LA?

#3 rivers is on the last year of his contract. if he doesn't re-sign with the chargers he will retire. He is not going to any other team. the only other team that would be possible would be the titans because it's close to his home town which is about two times the distance of the commute he makes right now from SD

#4 rivers' best chance to win at the end of his career is with the team he's on now and he believes that. if he wants to keep playing to try and win a ring he will stay a charger, otherwise he will retire......those are his options.

like i told you before, i will leave this forum for good if rivers ever plays for another team......it wont happen.

/thread
          #1 - I don't blame him for not up-rooting his family for LA. There's plenty of Charger fans that would drive him there 24-7-365 for free. I'd bet you would be 1st in line baph if you lived close by.

#2 - Never say never!

#3 - Being homesick and desperate for a RING can do odd things to your mind in California.
          See #2 above.

#4 - That's only your opinion unless you happen to be Rivers best friend with day to day knowledge of what he's thinking AND you will never leave this forum baph......it won't happen.....unless you die.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

#1 - I don't blame him for not up-rooting his family for LA. There's plenty of Charger fans that would drive him there 24-7-365 for free. I'd bet you would be 1st in line baph if you lived close by.

#2 - Never say never!

#3 - Being homesick and desperate for a RING can do odd things to your mind in California.
            See #2 above.

#4 - That's only your opinion unless you happen to be Rivers best friend with day to day knowledge of what he's thinking AND you will never leave this forum baph......it won't happen.....unless you die.
            this is dumb, it truly is. i know it's the off season but why don't you talk smack about something that actually has a chance of happening? like john elway getting the axe in the next few years for example......that is a much more likely scenario than this ignorant crap you keep talking about.

also, i'm a man of my word, if i say i'll do something, i do it. but there is literally no chance of rivers ever playing for another team......ZERO.

Comment

• baphamet
              Family Trust Beer
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Uh maybe he could go sit behind Bo Levi Mitchell and win a championship with the Calgary Stampeders!

Maybe he can charter a sick cessna since he’s unwilling to up root his family according to the poster above me.
              according to me? this is common knowledge dude. it's a fact that he didn't want to uproot his family to move only 120 miles north at this point in his career so he bought an SUV that he can watch film in and commute every day, why do you think that is?

I wouldn't be surprised if rivers hangs em up after this season to be honest. if he doesn't sign an extension with the chargers this off season, that's what's going to happen.
              Last edited by baphamet; 04-11-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• mozzerpete
                All-Pro
                • May 2008

Doubt the Broncos due to our porous OL.

His best and most realistic opportunity outside of LAC is JAX, IMO.

Rivers would have a solid OL coupled with RB Fournette and a solid WR core behind WR DJ Chark Jr.

The defense is still pretty stout.

So, JAX.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

according to me? this is common knowledge dude. it's a fact that he didn't want to uproot his family to move only 120 miles north at this point in his career so he bought an SUV that he can watch film in and commute every day, why do you think that is?

I wouldn't be surprised if rivers hangs em up after this season to be honest. if he doesn't sign an extension with the chargers this off season, that's what's going to happen.
                  Does he drive himself? I’d find it disturbing if he’s watching game film while commuting from SD to LA.

The SUV could a family vehicle with all his kids. I mean what father wouldn’t have a DVD player in his veg so his kids would be entertained during road trips.

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

Does he drive himself? I’d find it disturbing if he’s watching game film while commuting from SD to LA.

The SUV could a family vehicle with all his kids. I mean what father wouldn’t have a DVD player in his veg so his kids would be entertained during road trips.
                    you're either failing at trolling again or common sense has eluded you.

He found a lavish solution. As detailed by the Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Rivers purchased an SUV with a luxurious film room so he can study on the road. Not accounting for the driver he must hire to use the mobile office, the vehicle cost "upwards of $200,000.

Comment

• Mainrnxile
                      Starter
                      • Dec 2015

Certainly deserving of any mocking he receives.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2004

Dude that is an RV not an SUV... I’m failing at trolling lol you need to get it right with your trolling! Obviously everyone knows the difference between an SUV and an RV.

Sorry I could never live up to the king of the trolls.
                        Haha barph and main conspiring against me. The troll king and his little minion.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-13-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• ManningRules
                          Starter
                          • Apr 2014

Dude that is an RV not an SUV... I’m failing at trolling lol you need to get it right with your trolling! Obviously everyone knows the difference between an SUV and an RV.

Sorry I could never live up to the king of the trolls.
                          Haha barph and main conspiring against me. The troll king and his little minion.
                          It's a converted Cadillac Escalade ..... It is a SUV

Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
                          Accept it or seek therapy !
                          sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                            Family Trust Beer
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
                            It's a converted Cadillac Escalade ..... It is a SUV

sam in this thread

Comment

• Sam_Z
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2004

sam in this thread
                              That picture you posted was deceiving and even Manning rules could see that.

Comment

Working...
                              X