First Ever Photo Of A Black Hole

https://www.latimes.com/science/scie...010-story.html

Amazing!!!!

The first ever photo of a black hole! An international team of 200 scientists, extremely high tech equipment, and clear skies where the 8 telescopes are located across the globe.....to get the job done.

I can not even imagine the size and power of this force of nature! This one has a mass that is 6.5 billion times greater than the sun! And it is roughly 38 billion kilometers across! And the gravitational pull is so strong that not even light can escape. It consumes and consumes and the result is super heated matter that can reach hundreds of millions of degrees.

Lets be thankful this monstrous abyss is so far away, because it would suck up our planet like a late night snack!

My question.....where does all this consumed matter go??

I've always been in awe of what lies under the surface of the oceans, which are finite....whereas the much bigger sensation for me is the endless sky. Apparently there is no end....but another day, because I have trouble understanding what that even means....

It just dawned on me.....I think I know where those missing socks went, and why I can't explain where some of our money has gone.