Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kiper's latest Mock

This is his "who they should take" and not his "who I believe they will take" mock. I would absolutely love this top 3!

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...enver-broncos/

"In his latest three-round NFL mock draft for ESPN, Mel Kiper has the Denver Broncos selecting Houston defensive lineman Ed Oliver with the 10th overall pick (subscription required for link).

Unlike his other mock drafts, Kiper picks players he thinks teams should select in this mock, not players he thinks they will select. This is the draft analystís ďGrade-AĒ mock draft.

Oliver would certainly earn an ďAĒ grade from us. Heís one of the best defensive linemen in this yearís class and he would fill a void in the teamís line that was created when Domata Peko left during free agency.

In the second round of Kiperís mock, the Broncos select Kansas State offensive lineman Dalton Risner (No. 41). Kiper believes Risner could play center, guard or tackle in Denver. That kind of versatility could certainly help the teamís offensive line.

In the third round, the Broncos land N.C. State quarterback Ryan Finley. He completed 67.4 percent of his passes for 3,928 yards and 25 touchdowns with 11 interceptions last season."
    New England Patriots GM

I agree except the Finley selection. Not really a fan of the lower round qb options this year as our qb of the future.

But Iíve been thinking this a lot lately that I think Oliver May be who Iím starting to want the most at 10. There hasnít been a real legit reason for why Mocks have dropped him so far off his original top 3 projection. Just because they think teams will struggle to find where to put him.

I think along with Chubb and Miller we would have no problem getting a stud out of him.

Also agree i like this Oline addressed first two rounds as well.

Itís much better than Mcshays Iíll follow the crowd and just pick Lock.

That would be a good start IMO.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That would be a good start IMO.
    I would rather have Stidham in Kiper's scenario if possible but I like the Ed Oliver, Dalton Risner combo. I can see a scenario where neither of these guys are available when has them slotted to us though. Oliver will likely be there unless someone goes Defense that I think won't ahead of us. I think Risner could go first rd or very early second.

I would take Oliver at #10 no questions asked !

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    This is his "who they should take" and not his "who I believe they will take" mock. I would absolutely love this top 3!

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...enver-broncos/

"In his latest three-round NFL mock draft for ESPN, Mel Kiper has the Denver Broncos selecting Houston defensive lineman Ed Oliver with the 10th overall pick (subscription required for link).

Unlike his other mock drafts, Kiper picks players he thinks teams should select in this mock, not players he thinks they will select. This is the draft analyst’s “Grade-A” mock draft.

Oliver would certainly earn an “A” grade from us. He’s one of the best defensive linemen in this year’s class and he would fill a void in the team’s line that was created when Domata Peko left during free agency.

In the second round of Kiper’s mock, the Broncos select Kansas State offensive lineman Dalton Risner (No. 41). Kiper believes Risner could play center, guard or tackle in Denver. That kind of versatility could certainly help the team’s offensive line.

In the third round, the Broncos land N.C. State quarterback Ryan Finley. He completed 67.4 percent of his passes for 3,928 yards and 25 touchdowns with 11 interceptions last season."
    If we could get Oliver and Risner with our first two picks, that would be amazing! Plug and play impact starters, and the Finley pick isn't terrible either. Stidham will be going higher than 3rd round in my mind, and Finley has a good background with some tools to work with. I personally would wait on QB, but I LOVE those first 2 picks...

My "Eeyore Reaction" would be that both those guys will probably be gone by the time we pick... but weirder things have happened!

I've already made my feelings known on Finley. I think he is the best 2nd tier QB that will be available without reaching for....like most are going to do with the 1st tier QBs.... especially Jones.

Does he play DE and if so, whose spot does he take?
    (Is he the best value given our needs?)

Does Denver convert to a 43D and use Oliver as a DT?

I fear Denver might be drafting another player only to misuse him.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

If Drafted by Denver I can guarantee that no player will be misused by this Awesome All Star Coaching Staff that has been assembled. That was the problem last year is the previous coaching staff had no clue how to coach...

No. Oliver would play DE, imo.

You mean Ed Oliver? He played 0/1/2/3 tech at Houston, so he'd probably do the same in Denver.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2019/3...rr-work-as-nts

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Then our D would look like:

OLB Chubb / depth

DE Oliver / Kerr / Walker
    NT Harris / Gotsis?
    DE Wolfe / Gotsis

OLB Miller / depth

I think Dexter Lawrence in R2 might be a better option
    since he can play NT too. (assuming he's there)

R1 OL BPA (Flacco needs help staying upright)
    R2 DE/NT Dexter Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't think he has the length to play outside DL, but would be a major disruptor on the inside due to his amazing quickness and strength in a one gap D front.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-12-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I don't think he has the length to play outside DL, but would be a major disruptor on the inside due to his amazing quickness and strength in a one gap D front.
    Does playing Oliver in a 3 tech fit what it looks like Fangio will want to run here? I don't think it does. That might fit in certain packages but you aren't signing a guy at 10 to be a package specific player. The only way he would be a primary starter in Fangio's D would be at DE, similar to Justin Smith when Fangio was with the 49ers. Eddie Goldman was the NT in Chicago. 6-4 320. Goldman is usually a 0 but moves to 1, 2 and 3 based on down/distance. In SF he had Sopoaga (6-2, 330) and Ian Williams (6-1, 305). Oliver just doesn't seem to fit that mold. maybe Fangio will change his ideas if he had a player like Oliver on the team but I doubt it.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-12-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Then our D would look like:

OLB Chubb / depth

DE Oliver / Kerr / Walker
    NT Harris / Gotsis?
    DE Wolfe / Gotsis

OLB Miller / depth

I think Dexter Lawrence in R2 might be a better option
    since he can play NT too. (assuming he's there)

R1 OL BPA (Flacco needs help staying upright)
    R2 DE/NT Dexter Lawrence
    I think Lawrence fits what Fangio wants in a defense more than Oliver does, at NT at least. Oliver is probably the better overall prospect but not if he doesn't fit the scheme.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-12-2019 at 05:32 PM.