Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978

    My 2019 Short list and Mock Draft

    I Make a short list of 3 players at each position and try to get high, mid, and low round picks for each. I then make my mock from the short list. Parenthesis are my projected round for each player. I made the mock based on the assumption of a trade down. I really wanted to fit Garrett Bradbury and Dalton Risner in here but felt that NT and ILB were bigger needs and had players lower on the draft that might make up for losing out on them.

    QB: Lock (1), Rypien (4-5), Minshew (6-7)
    RB: Rodney Anderson (7)
    TE: Hockenson (1), Kahale Warring (5), CJ Conrad (6-7)
    OT: Jonah Williams (1), Risner (2), Olisaemeka Udoh (6-7)
    OG: Michael Deiter (2), Drew Forbes (4), Alex Bars (7)
    OC:Garrett Bradbury (1-2), Elgton Jenkins (2), Sean Krepsz (6-7)
    WR: Deebo Samuel (2), Riley Ridley (2) Keelan Doss (5-6)

    DE: LJ Collier (3-4), Anthony Nelson (3-4), Byron Cowert (6)
    NT: Dexter Lawrence (1-2), Khalen Saunders (2-3), Daylen Mack (5)
    OLB: Tim Ward (7)
    ILB: Mack Wilson (2), Jermaine Pratt (4-5) Ben Burr-Kirven (7)
    CB: Byron Murphy (1-2), Lonnie Johnson (2), Justin Layne (3)
    S: Nasir Adderly (2), Will Harris (4-5), Marquis Blair (5)

    My Mock
    Dexter Lawrence, NT
    Mack Wilson, LB
    Elgton Jenkins, OC
    Justin Layne, CB
    Drew Forbes OG
    Kahale Warring, TE
    Keelan Doss, WR
    Minshew, QB
    Olisaemeka Udoh, OT
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-24-2019 at 07:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    293
    Dexter Lawrence at 10 or trade down?

    I would say no to him in the first 20 picks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,964
    I would be ecstatic if Minshew ended up on our roster. Very underrated. His only knock is arm strength, and it's not really an arm issue but a lower body technique issue that when fixed should allow him to drive the ball down the field better.

    The rest of the draft certainly hits our needs. Lawrence should really help out up front and make our D line very formidable. Then if Wilson comes in and can start next to Davis the middle of the defense looks much better.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I Make a short list of 3 players at each position and try to get high, mid, and low round picks for each. I then make my mock from the short list. Parenthesis are my projected round for each player. I made the mock based on the assumption of a trade down. I really wanted to fit Garrett Bradbury and Dalton Risner in here but felt that NT and ILB were bigger needs and had players lower on the draft that might make up for losing out on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeNEBronco View Post
    Dexter Lawrence at 10 or trade down?

    I would say no to him in the first 20 picks.
    this
    ..............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    this
    ..............
    Yes....but how far to trade down for Lawrence? I just don't see him in the top 20!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,854
    I think you did a great job nailing the positions of need.
    I'm hoping for a later Rd QB being overlooked, like Minshew or Trace McSorley.

    Justin Layne is a great selection for us. He is long and plays physical, if we are going to lose Harris next year(likely), Layne or my favorite Julian Love (ND) would be good prospects. It will be critical to get a young guy in this year to be around Harris. Love in particular is a really under rated prospect who can line up all over- sort of a poor man's Harris but one I would love to draft.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I think you did a great job nailing the positions of need.
    I'm hoping for a later Rd QB being overlooked, like Minshew or Trace McSorley.

    Justin Layne is a great selection for us. He is long and plays physical, if we are going to lose Harris next year(likely), Layne or my favorite Julian Love (ND) would be good prospects. It will be critical to get a young guy in this year to be around Harris. Love in particular is a really under rated prospect who can line up all over- sort of a poor man's Harris but one I would love to draft.
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by SeNEBronco View Post
    Yes....but how far to trade down for Lawrence? I just don't see him in the top 20!
    somewhere in the 20-25 range.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,854
    DT/NT wasn't really what I would expect in the early rds, but looking at teams needs ahead of us, I can see several scenarios where quality DT as well as OL are sliding.

    Dexter Lawrence is a monster... he is the type of player that requires attention that teams really couldnt afford to give against us. I wouldnt hate the pick at 10, but if we could trade with -likely movers- Wash(15) or NY (17) that would be great. We may then have the ammo to move up from 41 to target a guy like Bradbury, Risner or Noah Fant and our draft would be well underway.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    DT/NT wasn't really what I would expect in the early rds, but looking at teams needs ahead of us, I can see several scenarios where quality DT as well as OL are sliding.

    Dexter Lawrence is a monster... he is the type of player that requires attention that teams really couldnt afford to give against us. I wouldnt hate the pick at 10, but if we could trade with -likely movers- Wash(15) or NY (17) that would be great. We may then have the ammo to move up from 41 to target a guy like Bradbury, Risner or Noah Fant and our draft would be well underway.
    Dexter and Bradbury would be my ideal 1 and 2, I just don't think we will have that ammo. Risner would be an ideal pick in the 2nd since he could play most any position on the Oline. He might be able to start at RG and then be the swing OT as well.

    IMO, we really need a NT. Lawrence, Saunders, mack are the best bets. Fangio has typically had a double teaming NT to free up the LBs. I don't think we have that on the team right now.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-25-2019 at 10:17 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,666
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I Make a short list of 3 players at each position and try to get high, mid, and low round picks for each. I then make my mock from the short list. Parenthesis are my projected round for each player. I made the mock based on the assumption of a trade down. I really wanted to fit Garrett Bradbury and Dalton Risner in here but felt that NT and ILB were bigger needs and had players lower on the draft that might make up for losing out on them.

    QB: Lock (1), Rypien (4-5), Minshew (6-7)
    RB: Rodney Anderson (7)
    TE: Hockenson (1), Kahale Warring (5), CJ Conrad (6-7)
    OT: Jonah Williams (1), Risner (2), Olisaemeka Udoh (6-7)
    OG: Michael Deiter (2), Drew Forbes (4), Alex Bars (7)
    OC:Garrett Bradbury (1-2), Elgton Jenkins (2), Sean Krepsz (6-7)
    WR: Deebo Samuel (2), Riley Ridley (2) Keelan Doss (5-6)

    DE: LJ Collier (3-4), Anthony Nelson (3-4), Byron Cowert (6)
    NT: Dexter Lawrence (1-2), Khalen Saunders (2-3), Daylen Mack (5)
    OLB: Tim Ward (7)
    ILB: Mack Wilson (2), Jermaine Pratt (4-5) Ben Burr-Kirven (7)
    CB: Byron Murphy (1-2), Lonnie Johnson (2), Justin Layne (3)
    S: Nasir Adderly (2), Will Harris (4-5), Marquis Blair (5)

    My Mock
    Dexter Lawrence, NT
    Mack Wilson, LB
    Elgton Jenkins, OC
    Justin Layne, CB
    Drew Forbes OG
    Kahale Warring, TE
    Keelan Doss, WR
    Minshew, QB
    Olisaemeka Udoh, OT
    Nice work. I especially like picking a C, G and T.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Nice work. I especially like picking a C, G and T.
    Thanks I think that position group is the weakest as a whole. Depth is almost non existent.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-25-2019 at 11:34 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Nice work. I especially like picking a C, G and T.
    here too. Really like the idea of Odoh in the 7th and getting coached up by this staff. He could come into play next year as a swing at minimum. Digging Mack in the 2nd. I think his value in the 40s compared to Whites value in the top 10 provides more bang for the buck. I also could only wish Warring makes it that far. Love his potential. Nicely done sir

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    here too. Really like the idea of Odoh in the 7th and getting coached up by this staff. He could come into play next year as a swing at minimum. Digging Mack in the 2nd. I think his value in the 40s compared to Whites value in the top 10 provides more bang for the buck. I also could only wish Warring makes it that far. Love his potential. Nicely done sir
    Thank you!
    ...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,666
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Thanks I think that position group is the weakest as a whole. Depth is almost non existent.
    Of the eleven O-Linemen Denver currently has, seven came into the league as UDFAs. Drafting three would be a big step in the direction of raising the level of talent in that group.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •