Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Trade Harris and a couple picks for Russell Wilson!
    I will bite. Which picks? lol

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I will bite. Which picks? lol
    Do you think they would take a 7th this year and a 7th next year?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Do you think they would take a 7th this year and a 7th next year?
    Where do I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Where do I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    What would make your elaboration of KWHIT97's proposal less of a pipe dream?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos sb2010 View Post

Harris seems more likely with his holdout, but I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged Sanders and some picks to Elways good friend Lynch to move up to #2 to get Lock. 49ers were interested in Brown and didnt get him. It makes sense they would target another veteran stud

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Harris seems more likely with his holdout, but I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged Sanders and some picks to Elways good friend Lynch to move up to #2 to get Lock. 49ers were interested in Brown and didnt get him. It makes sense they would target another veteran stud
    If we move up to #2 and take anybody but Bosa or Q Williams we are insane.

Lol this wonít be happening. I can guarantee you that.

Just thinking about this ruined my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Lol this wonít be happening. I can guarantee you that.
    Elway and Lynch have a history of doing business together. The 49ers are just as likely a trade up partner as anyone else and if Elway is indeed looking to trade up, Sanders could easily be a bargaining chip

I don't know if Sanders has any real trade value, but a trade to 2 for Lock is probably one of several possibilities the team is exploring. Jets at #3 have been getting calls for their pick since rhe senior bowl, apparantly, so they're likely a target as well. TB at 5 is also possible depending on if Oakland takes their guy.

Elway and Lynch have a history of doing business together. The 49ers are just as likely a trade up partner as anyone else and if Elway is indeed looking to trade up, Sanders could easily be a bargaining chip
    Sander i wouldnít be surprised if we trade ( wonít happen though because we are trying to win now) just like I could see Harris being shipped as well. However, for us to move all the way up to 2 to get drew lock is def not happening. I give that less than .01% chance of happening. If Elways wouldnít pull the trigger to move from 5 to 2 last year on a lot better QB class and for a guy we found out he really liked, just like lock, thereís no chance he goes from 10-2. Price tag is too high for a team thatís trying to win now and has holes they must fill in the draft. If Elway does this he deserves to be fired on the spot. Mortgages your picks for a guy that thatís not even worth the 2nd overall pick and isnít really that good of a QB compared to other classes( not saying he wonít be good).

There was a report that the 49ers actually had no interest in Brown. They wanted Beckham though, but were unwilling to part with the 2nd pick to get him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antonio-brown/

Harris isn't holding out. He's just not taking part in voluntary offseason workouts. It's 100% up to the players if they take part in them, which is why teams give some players bonuses in their contract if they take part in them. If the mandatory mini-camp comes and he's not there, then it might be a holdout, but even then I'm not sure I would worry about it until training camp comes around.

As far as getting up to number 2, Denver's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks would put them at 2025 points, the 2nd pick is worth 2600 points. A receiver over 30 in the last year of his contract and currently rehabbing a major injury isn't making up the difference. Those picks plus Denver's 1st next year might get them the 2nd pick, but is that a price the Broncos would really want to pay?

I'm definitely an Elway homer but if he trades up to #2 to draft Lock I would fire him on the spot.