• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Agreed, can't argue that, but it certainly helps when you have had TB since 2000.

If we want to compete for the playoffs and farther now, I don't think our best moves would be to trade away Von and/or Harris. I think you keep both so we can compete now and so they can mentor our younger stars.
    And that us exactly why I want Denver to find their next 12+ year guy. Most successful QBs are drafted in the 1st round. They are committed to Flacco for this year so whichever QB they could get will benefit from the redshirt season (Lock or Jones please). I dont want either guy gone but it wouldn't surprise me if one of them were dealt this or next year
    Last edited by JvDub95; 04-23-2019, 04:43 PM.

​​​​

Comment

• MHS
      I am The Dude
      • Jun 2006

Looking more likely Chris Harris gets traded. Mike Klis is reporting he wants new deal at 15 mill per year or a trade
      sigpic
      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Sam_Z
        Banned User
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MHS View Post
        Looking more likely Chris Harris gets traded. Mike Klis is reporting he wants new deal at 15 mill per year or a trade
        mbt bank near me

Comment

• jc13
          Most Hated
          • Oct 2008

Oooof

Hopefully we can get a decent return on Chris before Thursday.
          Now go get your shine box

Comment

• samparnell
            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            And that us exactly why I want Denver to find their next 12+ year guy. Most successful QBs are drafted in the 1st round. They are committed to Flacco for this year so whichever QB they could get will benefit from the redshirt season (Lock or Jones please). I dont want either guy gone but it wouldn't surprise me if one of them were dealt this or next year
            I guess successful would need to be defined and delineated, but about half the QB starts in the Super Bowl were guys not drafted in the first round.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
              Hall of Famer
              • Oct 2017

I keep saying although Elway may "want" to win now. We are NOT a win now team. More closer to rebuilding on the sky. Which makes even sense to go ahead get a QB now. Not "Jones or Lock".
              Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Murph2432
                Playmaker
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                I keep saying although Elway may "want" to win now. We are NOT a win now team. More closer to rebuilding on the sky. Which makes even sense to go ahead get a QB now. Not "Jones or Lock".
                You would love this trade lol. If CHJ does get traded, why not send him and like a 3rd for Rosen? I know you and I weren’t fans of Rosen when getting drafted but I’d be good with this trade and it puts the Qb talk to bed.

Comment

• skeeter01
                  Football Immortal
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  You would love this trade lol. If CHJ does get traded, why not send him and like a 3rd for Rosen? I know you and I weren’t fans of Rosen when getting drafted but I’d be good with this trade and it puts the Qb talk to bed.

Rosen could almost be had for a 3rd, and you want to throw in our 2nd best player ? I would want a 2nd next year in return.

Comment

• Murph2432
                    Playmaker
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                    Rosen could almost be had for a 3rd, and you want to throw in our 2nd best player ? I would want a 2nd next year in return.
                    If Rosen could be bad for almost a 3rd then I think a bunch of teams would have jumped on that already. I believe Cards want a 1st but realistically I think they get a mid 2nd.

I also think you are over valuing CHJ at this point in his career it doesn’t matter if he’s our 2nd best player. He is prob worth a 3rd round pick. While he will still be god for a couple more years he is coming off an injury, up there in age, and report of him wanted a new deal upwards of $15m. No way could just send CHJ for Rosen. We will need to send something else

Comment

• skeeter01
                      Football Immortal
                      • Apr 2008

If Rosen could be bad for almost a 3rd then I think a bunch of teams would have jumped on that already. I believe Cards want a 1st but realistically I think they get a mid 2nd.

I also think you are over valuing CHJ at this point in his career it doesn’t matter if he’s our 2nd best player. He is prob worth a 3rd round pick. While he will still be god for a couple more years he is coming off an injury, up there in age, and report of him wanted a new deal upwards of $15m. No way could just send CHJ for Rosen. We will need to send something else
                      ok, CHJ and our first for Rosen and Peterson

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        I think people need to brace for this to happen, probably tomorrow

​​​​

Comment

• Murph2432
                          Playmaker
                          • Sep 2008

I think people need to brace for this to happen, probably tomorrow
                          I’ve already have been thinking of trades lol. I’m a CHJ fan but I’m not giving him $15m a year. I didn’t want to extend him period lol

Comment

• JvDub95
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

I’ve already have been thinking of trades lol. I’m a CHJ fan but I’m not giving him $15m a year. I didn’t want to extend him period lol
                            Neither is Denver.....

They have made it clear they aren't paying him

​​​​

Comment

• Murph2432
                              Playmaker
                              • Sep 2008

Neither is Denver.....

They have made it clear they aren't paying him
                              Not should they. Would be idiotic to pay an aging corner coming off an injury that kind of money.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                                All-Time Great
                                • Apr 2008

According to those posts, CHJ wants to be the highest paid CB in the league
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X