Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ain't no way were moving up to #2 . Elway got Flacco so he wouldn't have to move up . So I dont see him trading Sanders and picks for that 2 spot.

I really don't think we are trading anybody...........
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Why are posters here always obsessed with trading off our best players??
    This is going to sound sarcastic, but I'm asking in complete sincerity; is there value in trading away our bad players? If you're trying to actually get something in return, you have to trade a player who actually has some value. Seems pretty simple to me.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    This is going to sound sarcastic, but I'm asking in complete sincerity; is there value in trading away our bad players? If you're trying to actually get something in return, you have to trade a player who actually has some value. Seems pretty simple to me.
    But whatís the value in trading away your good players? How can you get good if you are constantly selling youíre already good talent? For unknown draft picks.

The Rockies have a history of selling their top talent at the trade deadline for prospects. Therefore always stuck in a cycle of suck until these last two years. Itís a nasty cycle to be in.

You are also saying there is no value in trading your bad players. This may not apply to you but i feel like most fans suggesting we trade Sanders or Chris Harris jr are really trying to imply we need to dump past good players that they deem not that good anymore. If people think we need to dump an oft injured sanders that to me implies they think he no longer adds value to this team. And we should just trade the name from 4 years ago.

It gets extreme when there are multiple trade Von threads. Which are insanely silly to me. Carr won what 4 games without Khalil Mack? And Carr is far better than what we have at QB if we trade our top player.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But whatís the value in trading away your good players? How can you get good if you are constantly selling youíre already good talent? For unknown draft picks.

The Rockies have a history of selling their top talent at the trade deadline for prospects. Therefore always stuck in a cycle of suck until these last two years. Itís a nasty cycle to be in.

You are also saying there is no value in trading your bad players. This may not apply to you but i feel like most fans suggesting we trade Sanders or Chris Harris jr are really trying to imply we need to dump past good players that they deem not that good anymore. If people think we need to dump an oft injured sanders that to me implies they think he no longer adds value to this team. And we should just trade the name from 4 years ago.

It gets extreme when there are multiple trade Von threads. Which are insanely silly to me. Carr won what 4 games without Khalil Mack? And Carr is far better than what we have at QB if we trade our top player.
    You trade away your good players when they get old so you can start a youth movement. Teams that hold in to old players too long tend not to be as good when the players play declines

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    You trade away your good players when they get old so you can start a youth movement. Teams that hold in to old players too long tend not to be as good when the players play declines
    I would get it with sanders. But there is no reason to believe CHj or Von will slow down any time soon. We got High quality out of Demarcus Ware at a much older age than Von is now.

I would get it with sanders. But there is no reason to believe CHj or Von will slow down any time soon. We got High quality out of Demarcus Ware at a much older age than Von is now.
    Ware body started to break down right in front of us. If you can still get a first(mid to early pick) for Von Id say pull the trigger. If you canít, hold onto him. Itís good to trade players a year too early than a year too late. Then they have zero value.

The fact that Elway doesnt want to resign Harris until after the draft is pretty interesting when it comes to trade possibilities. It could get interesting if Elway wants to trade up

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    The fact that Elway doesnt want to resign Harris until after the draft is pretty interesting when it comes to trade possibilities. It could get interesting if Elway wants to trade up
    They very well might sign a CB in the 1st and then the salary for Harris might be different.

Elway comments today saying they will talk about CHJ extension but saying it may not happen too had me thinking. Patrick Peterson is apparently pissed at the Card front office.

While highly unlikely, I feel like we could see a swap in corners. Denver would have to give up a pick as well. Considering CHJ is old and coming off an injury.

von has 1 or 2 years as an elite presnese then he will slowly fade to a pass rush speciallist. but i still think he had like 4-5 years at least. the age of 34 or 35 isn't crazy for a guy of his talent.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Ware body started to break down right in front of us. If you can still get a first(mid to early pick) for Von Id say pull the trigger. If you can’t, hold onto him. It’s good to trade players a year too early than a year too late. Then they have zero value.
    That logic goes out the window if you are trying to compete for a SB now and he is your best player at the position and team leader. Especially if he is that much better then the next man up and is mentoring your younger stars you have invested highly in. I think Demarcus was a great example of that as is Von and Harris now.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    That logic goes out the window if you are trying to compete for a SB now and he is your best player at the position and team leader. Especially if he is that much better then the next man up and is mentoring your younger stars you have invested highly in. I think Demarcus was a great example of that as is Von and Harris now.
    Not necessarily, ole belicheat is notorious for trading good talent....Chandler Jones?? Jimmy G? Jamie Collins?

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well you wouldnít trade him this year anyways because of dead cap reasons but next year Iím all about it if you can still get a 1st for him. Plus, this year you will truly see if your team is anywhere near being competitive. Von can be a good mentor in those 2 years for Chubb.

Von still has good years left in him ,however, if you told me right now I could trade Von( if there was no dead cap hit) to get Q.Williams Iíd pull the trigger in a heart beat.
    You get a younger guy that I think will dominate the next level on a rookie contract for 4-5 years and itís helps for the future of your franchise vs the next couple years. Plus, pass rushers are easier to find. Not saying you can find another elite Von but a serviceable pass rusher who can get to the QB. You also would hope Chubb continues to improve and takes his game to the next level. There were 25+ pass rushers with 9 or more sacks last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Not necessarily, ole belicheat is notorious for trading good talent....Chandler Jones?? Jimmy G? Jamie Collins?
    Agreed, can't argue that, but it certainly helps when you have had TB since 2000.

If we want to compete for the playoffs and farther now, I don't think our best moves would be to trade away Von and/or Harris. I think you keep both so we can compete now and so they can mentor our younger stars.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain