Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    According to those posts, CHJ wants to be the highest paid CB in the league
    And so does every guy playing CB in the NFL. My biggest frustration is why is it he is pitching a fit like this 2 days before the draft? Yes I know he didn't show up for practices earlier because of money but seriously, which NFL team makes him the highest paid CB in the NFL? That team is taking a huge chance. He deserves more than Kareem Jackson but not 15 million a year at 30.

CHJ + #10 + next years 2nd could get us up to #5, depending on the value TB places on Harris. They have a need at CB, we have a need at QB, the compensation will have to be worked out but I think this is the angle Elway will now be exploring.

TB, NYJ, and SF all need a starting corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    CHJ + #10 + next years 2nd could get us up to #5, depending on the value TB places on Harris. They have a need at CB, we have a need at QB, the compensation will have to be worked out but I think this is the angle Elway will now be exploring.

I could be down with this. To get White at 5 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I wouldn't do that trade, although I think White is a bit better prospect than Bush. I would rather stay pat at 10 then give up those assets. Especially if we want to move up for a QB next year the 2nd rounder could be vital.

Anyone blaming Elway and his ego on this needs to stop. He got him under contract like he was supposed to. Harris is not worth 15 million per year, sorry he’s just not. His best years he was in the slot and never had to cover a teams #1 WR. Watching him cover Antonio Brown was like watching a Kleenex cover a Rhinoceros. Harris is a good #2 or slot CB but he is not a lockdown CB and shouldn’t be paid as one.

If John can use Harris to land him his QB or a guy like White or Williams that’s a good deal, no matter how much people like Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Anyone blaming Elway and his ego on this needs to stop. He got him under contract like he was supposed to. Harris is not worth 15 million per year, sorry he’s just not. His best years he was in the slot and never had to cover a teams #1 WR. Watching him cover Antonio Brown was like watching a Kleenex cover a Rhinoceros. Harris is a good #2 or slot CB but he is not a lockdown CB and shouldn’t be paid as one.

If John can use Harris to land him his QB or a guy like White or Williams that’s a good deal, no matter how much people like Harris.
    Had Elway extended even one year ago, the price likely wouldn't be what it is now. Now that he waited until the final year of Harris's contract and brought in lesser players for higher pay, what did you expect would happen? CHJ has put his time and loyalty, I'm not surprised at all at how this is turning out.

Chris Harris, this years #3, and our #5 to Arizona for Rosen and Peterson. Of course it takes two to make a Trade, and nobody knows what Arizona thinks about Rosen AFTER the 3-days of workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Chris Harris, this years #3, and our #5 to Arizona for Rosen and Peterson. Of course it takes two to make a Trade, and nobody knows what Arizona thinks about Rosen AFTER the 3-days of workouts.
    No thanks just trade chj for draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    That would be a steal for us

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Had Elway extended even one year ago, the price likely wouldn't be what it is now. Now that he waited until the final year of Harris's contract and brought in lesser players for higher pay, what did you expect would happen? CHJ has put his time and loyalty, I'm not surprised at all at how this is turning out.
    Contracts are contracts I say. CHJ surely read the thing. If he wanted more money then he shouldn't have signed the last one. Anything can happen in the NFL, but he devalued himself in the last signing. Now, his value is beginning to decline with age and on field potential. His trade value is good at this time and might not ever be higher then it is right now and is reason CH is demanding a pay or trade scenario. Loyalty in the NFL is based only on business. I hope CHJ gets what he wants, but, the team should come first.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Contracts are contracts I say. CHJ surely read the thing. If he wanted more money then he shouldn't have signed the last one. Anything can happen in the NFL, but he devalued himself in the last signing. Now, his value is beginning to decline with age and on field potential. His trade value is good at this time and might not ever be higher then it is right now and is reason CH is demanding a pay or trade scenario. Loyalty in the NFL is based only on business. I hope CHJ gets what he wants, but, the team should come first.
    CHJ definitely shouldn't have, but you can expect zero hometown discounts taken by players here now, as there is no incentive to. It isn't about loyalty, it's about setting the precedent that if you are talented and a crucial member on the Broncos you will be rewarded for it. You don't think Chubb, Sutton, and Lindsey aren't taking notes as to how this situation is playing out?

Granted, CHJ's age and injury make it unlikely he will get paid the amount he wants, but it is sad to see a player who has shaped this defense so much just get told they don't have time for him when he wants a new deal. There were a million ways this could have been handled better from my perspective.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 04-24-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Probably the best out of the million ways it looks like now, would’ve been more money last contract and that’s on CHJ.

I dont blame CHJ. Hes been loyal and has taken home town discount before . Hes one of the best in the NFL. Hes a pro bowler and ring of fame and will make the HOF . Kareem Jackson comes in as a FA and get 11 million. Jackson hasnt played up to CJH level . Elways comment should have been stopped after " we will discuss after the draft". I'm an Elway supporter but this doesnt sit well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I dont blame CHJ. Hes been loyal and has taken home town discount before . Hes one of the best in the NFL. Hes a pro bowler and ring of fame and will make the HOF . Kareem Jackson comes in as a FA and get 11 million. Jackson hasnt played up to CJH level . Elways comment should have been stopped after " we will discuss after the draft". I'm an Elway supporter but this doesnt sit well with me.
    Agree with this. Keeping in mind that he is paying a Kareem Jackson that is 31 years old. CHJ at 30 should definitely make $13-15m albeit for at most 3 years.

Callahan has been great, but his injury history scares me. He can’t play outside as well as CHJ (then again not many others can either).

Yiadom needs to have a big step in his development over the summer. He was largely inconsistent last year and got picked on, but he showed flashes of being a future starter at corner.

Let's not embellish what Elway said. I watched his response. Someone should post a clip of it. This is being taken out of context. Can we please get on with the draft. I don't care for NFL drama