Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    [QUOTE=Murph2432;5807766]That would be a steal for us[/QUOTE

Would it? You are trading two of the top CBs in the league who are disgruntled with their home teams. And then you give a 3rd and a 5th for a qb who according to what I'm hearing on the NFL network whose value is dropping. Arizona may balk, but I doubt they get a better offer.

[QUOTE=gtown53;5807814]
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    That would be a steal for us[/QUOTE

Would it? You are trading two of the top CBs in the league who are disgruntled with their home teams. And then you give a 3rd and a 5th for a qb who according to what I'm hearing on the NFL network whose value is dropping. Arizona may balk, but I doubt they get a better offer.
    Yea because CHJ for PP isnít a fair deal. PP is younger and not coming off an injury. Plus has a couple years left on his contract. As of right now he hasnít asked for a new contract.

A 3rd and a 4th for a QB that was a top ten pick last year? Yes please. Watch his highlight tape. He made some great anticipation throws. I thought he didnít play bad either considering his team was complete trash. This is coming from a guy that didnít want Rosen at all last year.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I dont blame CHJ. Hes been loyal and has taken home town discount before . Hes one of the best in the NFL. Hes a pro bowler and ring of fame and will make the HOF . Kareem Jackson comes in as a FA and get 11 million. Jackson hasnt played up to CJH level . Elways comment should have been stopped after " we will discuss after the draft". I'm an Elway supporter but this doesnt sit well with me.
    not a chance

[QUOTE=Murph2432;5807820]
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post

Yea because CHJ for PP isn’t a fair deal. PP is younger and not coming off an injury. Plus has a couple years left on his contract. As of right now he hasn’t asked for a new contract.

A 3rd and a 4th for a QB that was a top ten pick last year? Yes please. Watch his highlight tape. He made some great anticipation throws. I thought he didn’t play bad either considering his team was complete trash. This is coming from a guy that didn’t want Rosen at all last year.
    Good points.

Harris is 1 year older than Peterson, and they both came into the league at the same time. And Harris is coming off a broken bone. It's not like it's an injury that can be a problem like an ACL or an Achilles. They both want off of their teams, and they are equal in stats. The only difference is that one was a top Draft choice, and the other is an UDFA. Don't get me wrong, as I don't think the Broncos could get anything better than a 3rd for Harris. It's simply a deal that might work for both teams who are dealing with disgruntled players, and will need to replace those players if they are moved.

And I, like you, didn't want Rosen either. Watching the talking heads on the NFL Network, day before yesterday, it's widely agreed that Rosen's value is dropping. And it was agreed amongst the group that I saw discussing Rosen that Arizona would be lucky to get a 3rd for the guy. So that's why I would throw in a 5th to sweeten the pot. Just as I wanted to see Tebow, Osweiler, and Lynch get some time on the field before making a decision, it may be that Arizona also wants to keep Rosen around even if they Draft Murray. But, it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    CHJ + #10 + next years 2nd could get us up to #5, depending on the value TB places on Harris. They have a need at CB, we have a need at QB, the compensation will have to be worked out but I think this is the angle Elway will now be exploring.

TB, NYJ, and SF all need a starting corner.
    I'd rather Harris + 2nd round pick to get back into the first this year. Trade him to LA so he can run 3rd to Talib and Peters and play for Phillips again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Had Elway extended even one year ago, the price likely wouldn't be what it is now. Now that he waited until the final year of Harris's contract and brought in lesser players for higher pay, what did you expect would happen? CHJ has put his time and loyalty, I'm not surprised at all at how this is turning out.
    Maybe he just doesn't want Harris back so he didn't want to extend him last year or this year? I know he's the PFF darling, but he gave up a lot of receptions last year and then would turn at yell at other players in the secondary. Sure there was probably a few blown coverages, but when he's yelling at other members of the secondary after every catch against him it's probably him.

He was a great story, became a very good player for the Broncos, but I don't think this story ends with an extension. I think it ends with him leaving Denver, and I'm not sure the Broncos are against that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    CHJ definitely shouldn't have, but you can expect zero hometown discounts taken by players here now, as there is no incentive to. It isn't about loyalty, it's about setting the precedent that if you are talented and a crucial member on the Broncos you will be rewarded for it. You don't think Chubb, Sutton, and Lindsey aren't taking notes as to how this situation is playing out?

Granted, CHJ's age and injury make it unlikely he will get paid the amount he wants, but it is sad to see a player who has shaped this defense so much just get told they don't have time for him when he wants a new deal. There were a million ways this could have been handled better from my perspective.
    Chris Harris was rewarded. He signed a contract for life altering money. Perhaps Elway shouldn't have said he doesn't have time for Harris right now, but it's the truth. He should be focused on the draft. As for Harris, maybe he could have handled things better, too.

Rosen to the Dolphins for pick 48 per PFF

It almost feels as if the relationship between CHJ and Denver is at the irreparable stage. I wander if they are going to package something to get and extra 2nd or 3rd somehow. I would like Denver to go after Lee too

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

The fact that Denver hasn't drafted a CB or traded Chris yet makes me wander if they are coming together????

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    The fact that Denver hasn't drafted a CB or traded Chris yet makes me wander if they are coming together????
    I dont think we got a suitable return. The more things shape up, I think Elway wants a face to face with CHJ. Elway want to play the emotions of CHJ. The agent(acting in CHJs best financial interest) has become the issue in our eyes. I think cooler heads will prevail in this one.

Hollins is more athletic than Mack. I could easily see them playing him inside.