Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Patriots Cupcake Schedule

Once again the NFL gifts the Pats with an embarrassing cupcake schedule. They open up the season playing 8 teams in a row who didnít make the playoffs:

Week 1: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Week 2: at Miami Dolphins
    Week 3: vs. New York Jets
    Week 4: at Buffalo Bills
    Week 5: at Washington Redskins
    Week 6: vs. New York Giants
    Week 7: at Jets
    Week 8: vs. Cleveland Browns

I mean, are they ever going to have any real competition? Itís downright ridiculous. I get that the AFC East sucks and the other crap in their division needs to get it together, but, jeez Louise, can the league gift them an easier road to the playoffs?

Do they really need to stack the deck this much in their favor having all these non-playoff teams in a row?

Out of all the teams, they currently have the easiest strength of schedule.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-18-2019 at 02:58 AM.

At 1st glance Weeks 11-14 (Eagles/Cowboys/Texans/Chiefs) looks to be a tough stretch, but overall it certainly doesn't look to be a grinding schedule. Not sure it's that big of a deal, but only 1 game (Houston) out of the eastern time zone can't hurt).

With that said, every season seems to find some teams that overachieve and others that regress. Hard make judgement this early.
    Last edited by Mainrnxile; 04-18-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Once again the NFL gifts the Pats with an embarrassing cupcake schedule. They open up the season playing 8 teams in a row who didnít make the playoffs:

I mean, are they ever going to have any real competition? Itís downright ridiculous. I get that the AFC East sucks and the other crap in their division needs to get it together, but, jeez Louise, can the league gift them an easier road to the playoffs?

Do they really need to stack the deck this much in their favor having all these non-playoff teams in a row?

Looks like 7 and 1 for the poor patsies at midseason, maybe 8 and 0. Good for the game I guess......Ö.If you are patsies fan.

Not even sure how it helps The NFL. Mind you, if the AFC East never gets their act together, what can you do?

I am of the belief that you have to be able to beat the best teams at some point, but if nothing else, these easy regular seasons pretty much guarantee the patsies 1st in their division and home field to a high degree throughout. And in my world, if you are given an easy route into the playoffs, a bye, and loads of home field, you are getting a very significant advantage.....year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Once again the NFL gifts the Pats with an embarrassing cupcake schedule. They open up the season playing 8 teams in a row who didn’t make the playoffs:

I mean, are they ever going to have any real competition? It’s downright ridiculous. I get that the AFC East sucks and the other crap in their division needs to get it together, but, jeez Louise, can the league gift them an easier road to the playoffs?

Yeah that "Pact With The Devil" the Belichick/Brady era Patriots made is one of the longest running 'pacts' going.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah that "Pact With The Devil" the Belichick/Brady era Patriots made is one of the longest running 'pacts' going.

Roger Goodell is doing his damndest to get them an undefeated season.

Atleast the forces of evil would attempt to mask the obvious but Goodell is too stupid!

Perhaps heís related to Gronk!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-18-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Roger Goodell is doing his damndest to get them an undefeated season.

Atleast the forces of evil would attempt to mask the obvious but Goodell is too stupid!

Perhaps heís related to Gronk!
    If Rog were in fact looking after the Pats, they'd be playing Denver twice a season. The Broncos are like that pitcher who generates a fight at the bat rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    If Rog were in fact looking after the Pats, they'd be playing Denver twice a season. The Broncos are like that pitcher who generates a fight at the bat rack.
    Lmao if you were a true fan, youíd understand that there is a reason the pansies suddenly arenít scheduled to play Denver in the near future...

It seems as if weíd played the pansies every season for a significant amount of seasons. Does anyone else care to explain to main what happens when the pansies play denver?

Iím bored with it besides New England has to resort to cheating in order to compete against their nemesis.

Whoís New Englandís nemesis again? Anybody___?!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-18-2019 at 07:14 PM.

If the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins don't challenge the Patriots within the next two years, I say the rest of the league petitions to realign the divisions. Get some competition for New England. 20 years of winning the division by default has gone on long enough.

Of course, I say this sarcastically.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    If the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins don't challenge the Patriots within the next two years, I say the rest of the league petitions to realign the divisions. Get some competition for New England. 20 years of winning the division by default has gone on long enough.

Of course, I say this sarcastically.
    Imagine them in the AFC West, thatís be funny as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Imagine them in the AFC West, thatís be funny as hell!
    Well, the Pats are 19-5 against the AFC west this decade, including 7-3 against the Broncos.

It would certainly be funny.... for Pats fans.

Well, the Pats are 19-5 against the AFC west this decade, including 7-3 against the Broncos.

It would certainly be funny.... for Pats fans.
    Well....I just had to bring back some stats to refresh everyone's memory of who owns who:

In the overall history of Broncos vs patsies:

- Broncos have won 30 of 53 total games

- At home, The Broncos have won 22 of 32

- More recently, at home The Broncos have won 7 of the last 11 (even though we lost the last 2)

- And at home, we have won 15 of the last 20

They are lucky they don't have to come here more!!!!

Oh yah....we have won both AFC Championship games and 2 of 3 Divisional Playoff Games.

So history shows, we own the patsies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Well....I just had to bring back some stats to refresh everyone's memory of who owns who:

In the overall history of Broncos vs patsies:

- Broncos have won 30 of 53 total games

- At home, The Broncos have won 22 of 32

- More recently, at home The Broncos have won 7 of the last 11 (even though we lost the last 2)

- And at home, we have won 15 of the last 20

They are lucky they don't have to come here more!!!!

Oh yah....we have won both AFC Championship games and 2 of 3 Divisional Playoff Games.

So history shows, we own the patsies!!!
    Solid points all Can!

Then again - Pats have 6 Super Bowl Championships in 9 appearances over the last 20 years - so I'd suggest nobody owns the Pats, most certainly not a team that has won 3 of the last 10 games they've played.

As far as home field advantage - I agree, the Pats are lucky they don't play all games in Denver. Then again, when was the last time Denver won in Foxboro? 2006....

Solid points all Can!

Then again - Pats have 6 Super Bowl Championships in 9 appearances over the last 20 years - so I'd suggest nobody owns the Pats, most certainly not a team that has won 3 of the last 10 games they've played.

As far as home field advantage - I agree, the Pats are lucky they don't play all games in Denver. Then again, when was the last time Denver won in Foxboro? 2006....
    Fair points. My main message is that, no matter how successful the patsies have been in "this century", they have a lot of difficulty winning in Denver. And to that I would add, they are lucky they did not have to play The Broncos in Denver, in more key games. Sure, we have struggled in Foxboro, not rejecting that, but be thankful for home advantage when it mattered most, because Denver is the kryptonite.

Solid points all Can!

True, the Pats have won six Super Bowls.

They've also been gifted a perennial cupcake division of bottom feeders, which I'm sure has provided no assistance whatsoever to obtaining home-field advantage. As well as quite a few cheating scandals, if I recall.

Just saying...there's plenty of room for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Fair points. My main message is that, no matter how successful the patsies have been in "this century", they have a lot of difficulty winning in Denver. And to that I would add, they are lucky they did not have to play The Broncos in Denver, in more key games. Sure, we have struggled in Foxboro, not rejecting that, but be thankful for home advantage when it mattered most, because Denver is the kryptonite.
    You're a fair and reasonable poster Can