Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    True, the Pats have won six Super Bowls.

    They've also been gifted a perennial cupcake division of bottom feeders, which I'm sure has provided no assistance whatsoever to obtaining home-field advantage. As well as quite a few cheating scandals, if I recall.

    Just saying...there's plenty of room for discussion.
    The Patriots have played in 38 postseason games in the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady Era . . . and very few of them have been in enemy stadiums. Of the 30 non-Super Bowl playoff games, 23 have been played in Foxboro and only 7 on the road.

    Of the 7, Denver has won 3 playoff games against the Pats: 2005, 2013, 2015. IND beat Pats in AFCCG in IND in 2006.

    The last time they’ve won a road playoff game was the AFC divisional game against the Chargers in 2006.

    So you’re correct. All teams want a home field advantage; that’s what they hope for. But as you’ve pointed out, their cupcake division and easier schedule that seems to be gifted to them year after year is a huge advantage for their seeding.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-19-2019 at 04:47 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Well, the Pats are 19-5 against the AFC west this decade, including 7-3 against the Broncos.

    It would certainly be funny.... for Pats fans.
    “The past decade”. Once again a pats fan only counting the most recent seasons but let me ask you, do you think there’d be any pats dominance in the AFC West if they had to travel to arrowhead, the black hole and mile high once a year?

    I’d gladly trade Baph and the chargers to AFC east if it were possible. Lol
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-19-2019 at 04:38 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,705
    Let me start by saying by no means at all am i sticking up for the slimball pansies but about this whole schedule thing...

    Not sure if some of you realize how it works, there is no conspiracy to give any team a certain schedule.

    Under the current schedule format & this goes for every team, there are 14 of 16 games pre-determined on a rotating basis for as long as this format remains & that leaves only 2 games left & those are based on finishing position...for example you finish first then the other 2 games are against 2 other division winners, finish 2nd you play 2nd place & so on.

    So there is no setting a team up or screwing another team, it's all laid out in advance & so the only thing that is of subject would be the times of year the games are played.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    “The past decade”. Once again a pats fan only counting the most recent seasons but let me ask you, do you think there’d be any pats dominance in the AFC West if they had to travel to arrowhead, the black hole and mile high once a year?

    I’d gladly trade Baph and the chargers to AFC east if it were possible. Lol
    This decade includes the last 9 seasons - not a small sample size. And why would I go back to the 80's/90's to project how the Pats would have done in the AFC west in the TB/BB era? Make an effort Sam. Do better. Make sense.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Let me start by saying by no means at all am i sticking up for the slimball pansies but about this whole schedule thing...

    Not sure if some of you realize how it works, there is no conspiracy to give any team a certain schedule.

    Under the current schedule format & this goes for every team, there are 14 of 16 games pre-determined on a rotating basis for as long as this format remains & that leaves only 2 games left & those are based on finishing position...for example you finish first then the other 2 games are against 2 other division winners, finish 2nd you play 2nd place & so on.

    So there is no setting a team up or screwing another team, it's all laid out in advance & so the only thing that is of subject would be the times of year the games are played.
    I figured everyone understood this. Then again - Sam...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    The Patriots have played in 38 postseason games in the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady Era . . . and very few of them have been in enemy stadiums. Of the 30 non-Super Bowl playoff games, 23 have been played in Foxboro and only 7 on the road.

    Of the 7, Denver has won 3 playoff games against the Pats: 2005, 2013, 2015. IND beat Pats in AFCCG in IND in 2006.

    The last time they’ve won a road playoff game was the AFC divisional game against the Chargers in 2006.

    So you’re correct. All teams want a home field advantage; that’s what they hope for. But as you’ve pointed out, their cupcake division and easier schedule that seems to be gifted to them year after year is a huge advantage for their seeding.
    They just beat the chiefs in Arrowhead in the AFC championship.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    This decade includes the last 9 seasons - not a small sample size. And why would I go back to the 80's/90's to project how the Pats would have done in the AFC west in the TB/BB era? Make an effort Sam. Do better. Make sense.
    Ok it appears you are counting playoffs in that 7-3 record this decade, but let's be honest here as to why you chose only this past decade & anybody with even half a brain would know why you did & didn't go back 2 decades which in fact is still the TB/BB era as you wish to call it...

    So the obvious reason you stopped there is because the numbers simply wouldn't favor the argument you try to make & that is because the record for the previous decade (counting playoffs as you did) is 2-6 which brings the overall record to just 9-9 & that just doesn't sound as good as 7-3 now does it?

    not to mention the game in 2008 was not even tom brady but matt cassel because tammy was hurted so his personal record is 8-9 oh & 1-3 playoffs - 0-2 conference championships

    so whether you want to admit it or not, when it comes to playoffs & mainly the biggest possible game that these two teams can possibly play against each other...the broncos do in fact OWN tammy & billy


    so now you can go ahead & cry about how many super bowls they have won but it doesn't change those facts & it never will

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Ok it appears you are counting playoffs in that 7-3 record this decade, but let's be honest here as to why you chose only this past decade & anybody with even half a brain would know why you did & didn't go back 2 decades which in fact is still the TB/BB era as you wish to call it...

    So the obvious reason you stopped there is because the numbers simply wouldn't favor the argument you try to make & that is because the record for the previous decade (counting playoffs as you did) is 2-6 which brings the overall record to just 9-9 & that just doesn't sound as good as 7-3 now does it?

    not to mention the game in 2008 was not even tom brady but matt cassel because tammy was hurted so his personal record is 8-9 oh & 1-3 playoffs - 0-2 conference championships

    so whether you want to admit it or not, when it comes to playoffs & mainly the biggest possible game that these two teams can possibly play against each other...the broncos do in fact OWN tammy & billy


    so now you can go ahead & cry about how many super bowls they have won but it doesn't change those facts & it never will
    As you wish - we'll count the last 2 decades: Pats are 10-9 vs Denver.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    As you wish - we'll count the last 2 decades: Pats are 10-9 vs Denver.
    LOL! that's it...don't acknowledge those playoff numbers

    it's ok because you know damn well the end is coming, so you can be coy all you want....still don't change the fact tammy never figured out how to beat denver when it mattered most. 0-3 in our house!

    too bad! so sad!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,141
    Where are all the other trolls?

    Hey, has Kraft slapped any Bondo on the SB trophy yet, or is he gainfully employed keeping people from seeing him buy prostitutes? I knew it was made out of tin foil. Goodell is so tired of giving these cheating scum bags trophies, that he started handing them replicas every year. Kraft is so plowed when he gets on the podium, he doesn't even realize they're knock offs. Kind of like his prostitutes. Why go to Roses of Russia when you can get a two for one at Orchids of Asia.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    LOL! that's it...don't acknowledge those playoff numbers

    it's ok because you know damn well the end is coming, so you can be coy all you want....still don't change the fact tammy never figured out how to beat denver when it mattered most. 0-3 in our house!

    too bad! so sad!
    I think you'll find those numbers include playoff games.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    LOL! that's it...don't acknowledge those playoff numbers

    it's ok because you know damn well the end is coming, so you can be coy all you want....still don't change the fact tammy never figured out how to beat denver when it mattered most. 0-3 in our house!

    too bad! so sad!
    You're right - the end is coming for Tom Brady - probably within the next 3 seasons. I'm guessing the Pats will also nose dive at the same time. But, can you imagine if BB finds another great QB this year or next? A seamless handoff between TB and next NE QB? That would be interesting, no?


    I think you'll find the Pats record is better then 0-3 in Mile High over the last 2 decades. It's quite a bit better.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    You're right - the end is coming for Tom Brady - probably within the next 3 seasons. I'm guessing the Pats will also nose dive at the same time. But, can you imagine if BB finds another great QB this year or next? A seamless handoff between TB and next NE QB? That would be interesting, no?


    I think you'll find the Pats record is better then 0-3 in Mile High over the last 2 decades. It's quite a bit better.
    To the first part...i could almost see it happen only because i believe it is belicheck that is the one fueling it all over the years & i get a sense both he he & tammy are playing a game of chicken to see who goes first & says see if you can win without me or vice versa.

    second part...i was referring to playoffs, hence why i said when it matters most - as in win or go home & i know that you knew what i meant...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    You're right - the end is coming for Tom Brady - probably within the next 3 seasons. I'm guessing the Pats will also nose dive at the same time. But, can you imagine if BB finds another great QB this year or next? A seamless handoff between TB and next NE QB? That would be interesting, no?


    I think you'll find the Pats record is better then 0-3 in Mile High over the last 2 decades. It's quite a bit better.
    I think BB did find his next qb, and he is in San Fran now.. whether he will be any good we will see.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I think BB did find his next qb, and he is in San Fran now.. whether he will be any good we will see.
    It would have been interesting to be a fly on BB's wall during the period leading up to that trade.

    In hind sight it was the right call, but would be interesting who forced it. Maybe TB didn't like having a more handsome man on the team.

    It worked out well for JG - he's really rich no matter how he plays the rest of his career
    Last edited by Mainrnxile; 04-21-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •