Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    I am certain they will be letting Watkins go because they already have his replacement.
    That's what I'm saying. With Mahomes' big fat contract, they are going to have to let good expensive players go and constantly replace them with good cheap players like Hardiman. It's a tough thing to do for 10-15 years.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-22-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    im a bronco fan...the chiefs as a team is the enemy of my team...I will never pull for them...I hope they get destroyed in the superbowl
    For me the Chiefs are only the enemy of the Broncos during the regular season.

So are you saying you "pulled" for the Pansy's when the Chiefs played them this year, 12-08-19?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post

So are you saying you "pulled" for the Pansy's when the Chiefs played them this year, 12-08-19?
    you know you can watch a game without sentimental attachments right?

you can watch a game with no favorite where you hope they both lose if that was possible

All this talk about Mahomes and Brady's contracts and cap hits means nothing. Market value for the times has drastically changed. Salary cap in 2001 was 67.4m..... 2006 it was 102m...... This year it will probably hit 200m or close to it......

Mahomes will get a big contract but it can be put together creatively to benefit the team, (I hope it handcuffs them). None of us know what he will do in the future to make it friendly to the team.......... Stop using those silly crystal balls bought in antique stores. They don't really work!!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Ok, but you're missing my point. Brady was paid significantly less money than the other top QBs around the league for much of his career, even early on. His relatively low contract allowed the Pats to build good teams around him. In the video you posted, Chiefs fan Nick Wright even said Mahomes is not going to take a discount and there was discussion about paying the other Chiefs players. Brady never got the highest contract early in his career, but you better believe that Mahomes is going to get paid in the next couple years as the highest player in the NFL, probably in NFL history. My prediction? Chiefs dominance lasts 5-7 years.
    You're conveniently omitting the inconvenient truth,
    NE has been sanctioned several times for cheating
    (videotaping their opponents, Deflategate, who knows what else)
    throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    All this talk about Mahomes and Brady's contracts and cap hits means nothing. Market value for the times has drastically changed. Salary cap in 2001 was 67.4m..... 2006 it was 102m...... This year it will probably hit 200m or close to it......

Mahomes will get a big contract but it can be put together creatively to benefit the team, (I hope it handcuffs them). None of us know what he will do in the future to make it friendly to the team.......... Stop using those silly crystal balls bought in antique stores. They don't really work!!
    Good point. You have to look at the percentage of Brady's contracts with respect to the whole team's. And the same thing with Mahomes. If Mahomes does get paid $40 million per year, which I fully expect, then you're looking at 20% of the team's payroll.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Good point. You have to look at the percentage of Brady's contracts with respect to the whole team's. And the same thing with Mahomes. If Mahomes does get paid $40 million per year, which I fully expect, then you're looking at 20% of the team's payroll.
    This is what is all so dumb about the whole situation. Sure Mahomes being the best QB in the NFL May be deserving of this, however when it comes time to pay Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen etc. They are all going to want this type of money because “Mahomes set the market”.

The NFLs thinking is just stupid.

Not saying that the greedy owners should get most of the profit by any means But there is a salary cap and every other player on the field is putting his life, his future, and his health at jeopardy just the same so the money should be spread out more evenly based upon actual talent and not what “the market was set at” in my opinion.

I guess guys like Baker Mayfield have trouble accepting that Mahomes is light years better than he is though!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-24-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This is what is all so dumb about the whole situation. Sure Mahomes being the best QB in the NFL May be deserving of this, however when it comes time to pay Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen etc. They are all going to want this type of money because “Mahomes set the market”.

The NFLs thinking is just stupid.

Not saying that the greedy owners should get most of the profit by any means But there is a salary cap and every other player on the field is putting his life, his future, and his health at jeopardy just the same so the money should be spread out more evenly based upon actual talent and not what “the market was set at” in my opinion.

I guess guys like Baker Mayfield have trouble accepting that Mahomes is light years better than he is though!
    I saw what Joe Flacco and his insane $30 million per year contract did to the Ravens...now, Mahomes is way better and the Chiefs are still going to be a top team but his contract will make it difficult to resign guys like Hill, Kelce, etc.

BTW, what do you think of this? I would flip Elway and Marino.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-cracks-top-30
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-25-2020 at 07:15 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

I saw what Joe Flacco and his insane $30 million per year contract did to the Ravens...now, Mahomes is way better and the Chiefs are still going to be a top team but his contract will make it difficult to resign guys like Hill, Kelce, etc.

BTW, what do you think of this? I would flip Elway and Marino.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-cracks-top-30
    It doesn’t really matter much to me since it’s all opinion based anyway. However I do feel Elway should be higher on that list.

I am very excited to have Drew lock playing for the Denver Broncos because I grew up watching John Elway play and I remember all the excitement that he brought to the table. Peyton Manning was very exciting to watch but he didn’t have that wild man mentality that John Elway did.

I believe Denver may have that again with Drew Lock. I said earlier that Drew lock has a Tim Tebow like desire to win in Jay Cutler like body which is huge. I do believe we are seeing a changing of the guard with all of these young quarterbacks coming into the league.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-29-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Absolutely. I will always cheer for whichever team is playing the Chiefs or Raiders. Those two teams are arch rivals of this ball club.

Besides, I can't really hate on Tom Brady (if I'm being honest). Sure, they've done shady things and their owner may have questionable morals and values. The latter is like whatever and has no bearing on what I personally think of that franchise as a whole. It's all about football to me. Let's also not forget that, at some point in time, all teams cheat or circumvent the rules in one way or another. That's a fact and smack or not, I prefer being objective here. Maybe what they've done is on another scale, maybe it's not. Either way, I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch over weak sauce arguments like that.

It also helps that not even the supposedly greatest dynasty in the history of football managed to ever have our number. Elway absolutely dominated them throughout his career and Manning beat them when it counted in the AFCCG. Not much to be mad about. We own that franchise. Always have.

Let me remind you that Chiefs and Raiders both lead the all-time series against us and play in the same freaking division. So let me ask you instead. Are you saying you "pulled" for the Chiefs against the Patriots? To me, that's just nasty.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Absolutely. I will always cheer for whichever team is playing the Chiefs or Raiders. Those two teams are arch rivals of this ball club.

Besides, I can't really hate on Tom Brady (if I'm being honest). Sure, they've done shady things and their owner may have questionable morals and values. The latter is like whatever and has no bearing on what I personally think of that franchise as a whole. It's all about football to me. Let's also not forget that, at some point in time, all teams cheat or circumvent the rules in one way or another. That's a fact and smack or not, I prefer being objective here. Maybe what they've done is on another scale, maybe it's not. Either way, I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch over weak sauce arguments like that.

It also helps that not even the supposedly greatest dynasty in the history of football managed to ever have our number. Elway absolutely dominated them throughout his career and Manning beat them when it counted in the AFCCG. Not much to be mad about. We own that franchise. Always have.

Let me remind you that Chiefs and Raiders both lead the all-time series against us and play in the same freaking division. So let me ask you instead. Are you saying you "pulled" for the Chiefs against the Patriots? To me, that's just nasty.
    Good post, I agree with much of your thinking and I respect your "Boston Mob" forgiveness. I wasn't aware that the Chiefs and Raiders both lead the all-time series against us. OK. That's one of those stats that doesn't keep me awake at night and it certainly would be great if the Broncos held the historical win/loss record against them.

For others who might not be aware of all time AFC West rivalry:
    Broncos/Raiders 65-54-2 Raiders +9
    Broncos/Chiefs 65-55 Chiefs +10
    Broncos/Chargers 68-52-1 Broncos +16

However, there's no way to improve on that until we beat them in future games and I think eventually we will do so.

And yes, I "pulled" for the Chiefs against the Patriots because it had zero impact against the Broncos.

And for some reason that I can't explain, I've never disliked the Chiefs AS MUCH as I dislike the Raiders and Chargers.

What I find to be nasty is rooting for the Patriots or the Cowboys.....YUK!
    Unless it benefits the Broncos!
    Utah Bronco Freak

However, there's no way to improve on that until we beat them in future games and I think eventually we will do so.
    ...15 years later...

Fake Broncos Fan

Good post, I agree with much of your thinking and I respect your "Boston Mob" forgiveness. I wasn't aware that the Chiefs and Raiders both lead the all-time series against us. OK. That's one of those stats that doesn't keep me awake at night and it certainly would be great if the Broncos held the historical win/loss record against them.

And yes, I "pulled" for the Chiefs against the Patriots because it had zero impact against the Broncos.

And for some reason that I can't explain, I've never disliked the Chiefs AS MUCH as I dislike the Raiders and Chargers.

What I find to be nasty is rooting for the Patriots or the Cowboys.....YUK!
    Unless it benefits the Broncos!
    But it did and it does. Any time Chiefs win a game, they're that much closer to winning the Super Bowl and I'm sorry but that cannot happen. I don't want that team (or the Raiders) to win anything at all, so it does mean something even if we're no longer in the race. Look at where the Chiefs are right now... waaaaaaaaay too close for comfort if you ask me! I cannot even fathom how bad I'm gonna feel if they actually end up winning it all. That would be devastating!!

That being said, I understand where you're coming from though, because that's kind of how I feel about the Chargers. I respect the history and I always enjoy the games but for a divisional foe... it's kinda eh? I feel like they're on a tier just below the Chiefs and Raiders. I've also always liked Philip Rivers which isn't helping. He's a cool ass dude that I've enjoyed making fun of over the years because hey, you gotta do that. Couple that with some of the cool Chargers fans I've run into, and their forums aren't half bad either. Chiefs have the worst fans and forums in the league, it's not even close. The stuff that's been said about the Broncos on CP alone is insane. Then you have Raiders and the Black Hole filth... dude... enough said. We have DevilSpawn here and he's always been a cool dude and I respect him but his Raiders can go to hell. If I'm gonna say what I wanna say on that topic, I'm gonna end up with so many infractions it's not even funny.

My personal ranking in terms of rivalry

1a. Chiefs/Raiders (order based on current relevancy I guess)
    1b. Chargers
    2. Seahawks (former divisional foe and SB loss)
    3. Patriots (a lot of history between these two clubs, mostly with us ending up on top)
    4. Ravens
    5. 49ers

If I could have my way, the teams above wouldn't win anything at all and in the event that they're playing each other, the order of which they're ranked will dictate which team I'm cheering for. Any team not on this list I don't care about.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 01-30-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Fake Broncos Fan
    You must be really really bored. What do you care if he is a real Broncos fan or not? His team is not even in your division. Do you go on Bengals websites and try to convince them of the legitimacy of their fandom? It's like you don't know what to do with yourself when your team is not in the big show?