Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Jimmy Garrapolo and WR coach Wes Welker, for me
    Thatís pretty good but Iíd hate to see Jimmy Garrapolo Lose to Pat Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Imagine how good that would make brady look.

If Jimmy Garoppolo wins the Super Bowl with the 49ers it will kind of make Robert Kraft look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That’s pretty good but I’d hate to see Jimmy Garrapolo Lose to Pat Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Imagine how good that would make brady look.

If Jimmy Garoppolo wins the Super Bowl with the 49ers it will kind of make Robert Kraft look bad.
    You really hate Brady, don't you? In any event, Garoppolo winning doesn't necessarily make the Pats look bad. He is winning primarily on defense and their running game. His first two seasons he was injured, so he is a very injury prone QB and could be like that for the rest of his career.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-19-2020 at 08:05 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

You really hate Brady, don't you? In any event, Garoppolo winning doesn't necessarily make the Pats look bad. He is winning primarily on defense and their running game. His first two seasons he was injured, so he is a very injury prone QB and could be like that for the rest of his career.
    It wouldnít make the pats or Belichick look bad it would make Robert Kraft look bad. Garoppolo IMO isnít all that special and yes he is somewhat injury prone. However if heís good enough to win the super bowl with the 49ers, then he would had been good enough to continue the legacy in New England with Belichick.

I donít hate Brady, but if Garoppolo loses, it makes Kraft look right over Belichick for putting Brady first. Iíd rather see Belichick in the position of saying I told ya so.

Iím always for the Coach over a meddling owners.

I don't think Garrapolo was taught how to cheat like a true Patriot. Therefore the Chiefs are going to win.
    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !

Quote Originally Posted by ManningRules View Post
    I don't think Garrapolo was taught how to cheat like a true Patriot. Therefore the Chiefs are going to win.
    Well Lynch, Shanahan, and even Joe Woods are far too classy for that.

Joe Woods seemed to fair pretty well in stopping Mahomes to extent while he was a broncos coach. Had the offense been able to score, we might be saying that Woods beat mahomes.

Yeah Kansas City will probably win however Iím not counting Joe Woods out as a secondary coach.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-19-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It wouldnít make the pats or Belichick look bad it would make Robert Kraft look bad. Garoppolo IMO isnít all that special and yes he is somewhat injury prone. However if heís good enough to win the super bowl with the 49ers, then he would had been good enough to continue the legacy in New England with Belichick.

I donít hate Brady, but if Garoppolo loses, it makes Kraft look right over Belichick for putting Brady first. Iíd rather see Belichick in the position of saying I told ya so.

Iím always for the Coach over a meddling owners.
    I'm not arguing that JG wouldn't have won in NE. I think he would have been excellent here, but we DID get a SB after JG left. It was a tough choice to make. Only time will tell if it is the right one.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-20-2020 at 11:26 AM.

I think the Chiefs are going to be the next gen Pats.. They'll be winning the division for the next 10+ years, probably in the AFCCG most of those years, winning a handful of SBs.

It's going to be a depressing next decade or two. Buckle up, Broncos fans... it's SHOWTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I think the Chiefs are going to be the next gen Pats.. They'll be winning the division for the next 10+ years, probably in the AFCCG most of those years, winning a handful of SBs.

It's going to be a depressing next decade or two. Buckle up, Broncos fans... it's SHOWTIME!
    Mahomes' contract ends after 2020 and he's going to want $40 million per year (Russell Wilson makes $35 million per year). His current salary (500-700K) is peanuts compared to that. His new contract is going to put a serious burden on the Chiefs finances. So hopefully the Chiefs will allocate a lot of money to him and have to let go of a lot of good players. For Mahomes to be successful over a 10 year period of time, the Chiefs are going to have to reload with cheap talented draft picks.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-20-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

First off, I'm glad for Andy Reid. I like the guy, and I grow tired of hearing how he can't win. He's made back to conference titles, was 1 minor flag away from 2 straight SBs, and is a very innovative offensive play designer.

Two, I am never sure who will be a multi year top team, because things happen. Not long ago, SF was supposedly on the cusp of being a super team, with loads of draft picks and talent everywhere. Then they dropped off the map. But KC is a high quality team, with a great young QB, with some nice weapons. Their D is getting better, and if they infuse more talent on that side of the line, they could be hard to beat, for years to come.

What a glorious day it is!

Mahomes' contract ends after 2020 and he's going to want $40 million per year (Russell Wilson makes $35 million per year). His current salary (500-700K) is peanuts compared to that. His new contract is going to put a serious burden on the Chiefs finances. So hopefully the Chiefs will allocate a lot of money to him and have to let go of a lot of good players. For Mahomes to be successful over a 10 year period of time, the Chiefs are going to have to reload with cheap talented draft picks.
    I understand. You are grasping at straws trying to find some glimmer of hope that the Chiefs are not going to dominate for the next 10 to 15 years. While you are at it you can dream that maybe Mahomes will decide he has gotten enough money and Super Bowl wins and retire early or maybe have something else happen to him or maybe Reid will retire and the next guy will cancel our the talent of Mahomes. I get it.

Theyíll make Mahomes the first $200 million guy and by doing so, they will severely handicap themselves everywhere else!

Denver has Vic Fangio putting fourth an excellent defense for the next few years and now they have a QB whisperer in Pat Shurmur. Add in a true Mike Munchak offensive line and weíll compete for some time.

Itís all about continuity and we have some of the best coaches in the league on both sides of the ball!

The wild west is going to be a lot of fun to watch for the next 5 to 10 years.

Well for the Broncos, Ray-turds, Quieves!
    LA can have all the talent in the world and even possibly Tom Brady but theyíll still find a way to shoot themselves in the ass!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-20-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    What a glorious day it is!
    Iím not trying to poke fun but I find it amusing how there are so many bronco fans in here who are having a really tough time with Kansas City being in the Super Bowl.

The Lamar Hunt trophy is named after the Kansas City Chiefs former owner and founder of the AFL. Itís unfortunate that it has taken the Cheever's 50 years to hoist that trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    I understand. You are grasping at straws trying to find some glimmer of hope that the Chiefs are not going to dominate for the next 10 to 15 years. While you are at it you can dream that maybe Mahomes will decide he has gotten enough money and Super Bowl wins and retire early or maybe have something else happen to him or maybe Reid will retire and the next guy will cancel our the talent of Mahomes. I get it.
    I'm telling you reality. For the Chiefs to dominate for 10-15 years, Mahomes is going to have to take less than his market value. How do you think the pats were able to dominate for 20 years? Because Brady gave the Pats a discount. Mahomes, unfortunately, is not married to a super model but is instead dating his annoying college GF. He basically has 2 options after his contract expires - take what he's worth and cripple the Chiefs (like Flacco did to the Ravens) or take less and allow the Chiefs to put a talented team around him.

And the Chiefs win ONE AFC title game and you are predicting a 15 year dominance? LOL. The Seahawks fans were saying the same thing a few years ago.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.

wow! look at that^^^

tammy12 actually post something intelligent for once