Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Champs

Fun Fact:

The Raiders moved to Los Angeles after the 1981 season. The Niners win the Super Bowl.

The Raiders moved back to Oakland after the 1994 season. The Niners win the Super Bowl.

So since the Raiders are moving to Vegas, the outcome is obvious.

San Francisco 24
    Kansas City 37

Shameless Silver & Black plug: I chose 37 for the Chiefs because shockingly, the Raiders 38 points in Super Bowl XVIII is still the most by an AFC team.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm telling you reality. For the Chiefs to dominate for 10-15 years, Mahomes is going to have to take less than his market value. How do you think the pats were able to dominate for 20 years? Because Brady gave the Pats a discount. Mahomes, unfortunately, is not married to a super model but is instead dating his annoying college GF. He basically has 2 options after his contract expires - take what he's worth and cripple the Chiefs (like Flacco did to the Ravens) or take less and allow the Chiefs to put a talented team around him.

And the Chiefs win ONE AFC title game and you are predicting a 15 year dominance? LOL. The Seahawks fans were saying the same thing a few years ago.
    ... By secretly videotaping their opponents.

I'm telling you reality. For the Chiefs to dominate for 10-15 years, Mahomes is going to have to take less than his market value. How do you think the pats were able to dominate for 20 years? Because Brady gave the Pats a discount. Mahomes, unfortunately, is not married to a super model but is instead dating his annoying college GF. He basically has 2 options after his contract expires - take what he's worth and cripple the Chiefs (like Flacco did to the Ravens) or take less and allow the Chiefs to put a talented team around him.

And the Chiefs win ONE AFC title game and you are predicting a 15 year dominance? LOL. The Seahawks fans were saying the same thing a few years ago.
    I have heard that when the first time around to pay Brady, he got his money. He didn't offer "the discount" until later years. True or not? Maybe not...I really don't know...but I do know this....he still is HIGHLY paid and the savings are nice but teams have a way of structuring things over the course of years that they can still get the job done if you have good people drafting and making deals. Everybody acts like the entire 200 million salary is coming out every year or something. Besides...Mahomes makes everybody better. I'm not worried about it.

Also...I didn't predict anything.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 01-21-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Fun Fact:

The Raiders moved to Los Angeles after the 1981 season. The Niners win the Super Bowl.

The Raiders moved back to Oakland after the 1994 season. The Niners win the Super Bowl.

So since the Raiders are moving to Vegas, the outcome is obvious.

San Francisco 24
    Kansas City 37

Shameless Silver & Black plug: I chose 37 for the Chiefs because shockingly, the Raiders 38 points in Super Bowl XVIII is still the most by an AFC team.
    38 is the record? I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    I understand. You are grasping at straws trying to find some glimmer of hope that the Chiefs are not going to dominate for the next 10 to 15 years. While you are at it you can dream that maybe Mahomes will decide he has gotten enough money and Super Bowl wins and retire early or maybe have something else happen to him or maybe Reid will retire and the next guy will cancel our the talent of Mahomes. I get it.
    I have heard that when the first time around to pay Brady, he got his money. He didn't offer "the discount" until later years. True or not? Maybe not...I really don't know...but I do know this....he still is HIGHLY paid and the savings are nice but teams have a way of structuring things over the course of years that they can still get the job done if you have good people drafting and making deals. Everybody acts like the entire 200 million salary is coming out every year or something. Besides...Mahomes makes everybody better. I'm not worried about it.

Also...I didn't predict anything.
    Take a look at Brady's earnings over the past 20 years...it basically totals to$ 235 Million over 20 years, which averages to about $11.5 million per year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engl...cash-earnings/

And it's debatable whether Mahomes makes everyone better or whether his teammates make him better. Without Hill or Kelce, he probably doesn't win a single playoff game. And yeah, ya kinda did predict that the Chiefs would dominate for 10-15 years.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-21-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Take a look at Brady's earnings over the past 20 years...it basically totals to$ 235 Million over 20 years, which averages to about $11.5 million per year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engl...cash-earnings/

And it's debatable whether Mahomes makes everyone better or whether his teammates make him better. Without Hill or Kelce, he probably doesn't win a single playoff game. And yeah, ya kinda did predict that the Chiefs would dominate for 10-15 years.
    Start watching this at 8:45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSiuwM9-Wk

My point is in the beginning Brady did not take a discount. That happened later. Mahomes should not take a discount right now either. Later...who knows....maybe he plays it like Brady did. So don't tell me the Chiefs are going to be crippled by Mahomes salary going forward. They will deal with it fine....and it is a great problem to have.

And no...I didn't predict anything. I suggested you are worried about it happening and are coming up with ways that they won't.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 01-21-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Start watching this at 8:45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSiuwM9-Wk

My point is in the beginning Brady did not take a discount. That happened later. Mahomes should not take a discount right now either. Later...who knows....maybe he plays it like Brady did. So don't tell me the Chiefs are going to be crippled by Mahomes salary going forward. They will deal with it fine....and it is a great problem to have.

And no...I didn't predict anything. I suggested you are worried about it happening and are coming up with ways that they won't.
    Ok, but you're missing my point. Brady was paid significantly less money than the other top QBs around the league for much of his career, even early on. His relatively low contract allowed the Pats to build good teams around him. In the video you posted, Chiefs fan Nick Wright even said Mahomes is not going to take a discount and there was discussion about paying the other Chiefs players. Brady never got the highest contract early in his career, but you better believe that Mahomes is going to get paid in the next couple years as the highest player in the NFL, probably in NFL history. My prediction? Chiefs dominance lasts 5-7 years.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-21-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

I like that the Chiefs are back in the SB and I'm rooting for them. I have always liked the 9ers but they have many titles. Fifty years is a long time and the only thing worse is if a team has never been there....and how can you not like Mahomes?
    If it were the Chargers or Raiders I would definitely be rooting for the 9ers.

Go Chiefs!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I like that the Chiefs are back in the SB and I'm rooting for them. I have always liked the 9ers but they have many titles. Fifty years is a long time and the only thing worse is if a team has never been there....and how can you not like Mahomes?

Go Chiefs!
    Spoken like a true Broncos fan..

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post

Go Chiefs!
    im a bronco fan...the chiefs as a team is the enemy of my team...I will never pull for them...I hope they get destroyed in the superbowl

This is why Im rooting for the 49ers

Found this on IG but no matter how ugly this is, Im still rooting for the niners.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-21-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Ok, but you're missing my point. Brady was paid significantly less money than the other top QBs around the league for much of his career, even early on. His relatively low contract allowed the Pats to build good teams around him. In the video you posted, Chiefs fan Nick Wright even said Mahomes is not going to take a discount and there was discussion about paying the other Chiefs players. Brady never got the highest contract early in his career, but you better believe that Mahomes is going to get paid in the next couple years as the highest player in the NFL, probably in NFL history. My prediction? Chiefs dominance lasts 5-7 years.
    I have always gotten your point. You are trying to contrast Mahomes with Brady. You make it sound like Mahomes getting paid now will keep the Chiefs from paying everybody else and will keep them from having as many years of dominance as the Pats have had. You keep mentioning the discount Brady had with the Pats as if that is how it always was. I'm saying it did not start out that way. Highest paid or not...Brady was paid as much as he could get out of them in the beginning and didn't take less until later on down the road. Somehow the Pats paid who they wanted to pay and that is what the Chiefs will do. Do you know that Mahomes will not give the Chiefs a break on salary somewhere down the road? No you don't. So your prediction means nothing really. Have fun dreaming about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This is why I’m rooting for the 49ers

Found this on IG but no matter how ugly this is, I’m still rooting for the niners.
    You should be rooting for the Niners because you hate the Chiefs...
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-22-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

I have always gotten your point. You are trying to contrast Mahomes with Brady. You make it sound like Mahomes getting paid now will keep the Chiefs from paying everybody else and will keep them from having as many years of dominance as the Pats have had. You keep mentioning the discount Brady had with the Pats as if that is how it always was. I'm saying it did not start out that way. Highest paid or not...Brady was paid as much as he could get out of them in the beginning and didn't take less until later on down the road. Somehow the Pats paid who they wanted to pay and that is what the Chiefs will do. Do you know that Mahomes will not give the Chiefs a break on salary somewhere down the road? No you don't. So your prediction means nothing really. Have fun dreaming about it though.
    There is a big difference between Brady taking $4 million in 2006 after winning 3 super bowls, and Mahomes taking $40 million when his contract is up in a few years. You're talking 20% of the team's salary cap allocated to one player, and you throw in HIll, Kelce, Clark, Watkins, and Mathiueu? That's over $100 million for just 6 guys alone. No, KC won't be able to keep all their players. Will KC be dominant for 3-4 years? Yeah, I could see that. But at some point they are going to have to let some players (not Mahomes) go and reload in the draft.

There is a big difference between Brady taking $4 million in 2006 after winning 3 super bowls, and Mahomes taking $40 million when his contract is up in a few years. You're talking 20% of the team's salary cap allocated to one player, and you throw in HIll, Kelce, Clark, Watkins, and Mathiueu? That's over $100 million for just 6 guys alone. No, KC won't be able to keep all their players. Will KC be dominant for 3-4 years? Yeah, I could see that. But at some point they are going to have to let some players (not Mahomes) go and reload in the draft.
    I am certain they will be letting Watkins go because they already have his replacement.