View Poll Results: #10 Pick..... Who you got??? (Public Poll)

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwayne Haskins QB

4 6.78%
  • Drew Lock QB

12 20.34%
  • TJ Hockenson TE

8 13.56%
  • Devin Bush ILB

7 11.86%
  • Devin White ILB

13 22.03%
  • Other.....

4 6.78%
  • Trade for more draft picks

11 18.64%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Easy fix....Lock @ 10...............Mack Wilson @ 41 / problem solved.
    Yet we have oline issues. No center or true Guard. Bush and Risner would be a better combo. Plus Wilson stock is rising. Benjamin Allbright has him going to Steelers at 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Yet we have oline issues. No center or true Guard. Bush and Risner would be a better combo. Plus Wilson stock is rising. Benjamin Allbright has him going to Steelers at 21.
    How many starting G's and C's in the league now were drafted past round 2? I dont know the numbers but I bet you it's well over half

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Seeing a lot of the same names come up...White, Bush, Lock, Haskins, Hockenson, but no mention of Christian Wilkins. Is 10 too high for him?

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How many starting G's and C's in the league now were drafted past round 2? I dont know the numbers but I bet you it's well over half
    I posted this last year, I think. I looked at many past drafts, maybe 10? In each of them, there were 1 or 2 starting OG drafted after round 2. That's 1 or 2 in every draft. That is not very many.

I hope we do not draft a QB at 10. TJ would be a good fit with is run blocking and receiving. I do not think Devon White will be there at 10 and perhaps TJ. Bush would be good with his speed.

I want a defensive player

Terrible logic, and one key reason to why our offense has been bottom 5 in the league for years now. Yes, we have lacked quality quarterback play, but the other key component is the lack of commitment to the offensive line group early in the draft, and the constant revolving door of downright terrible players Elway has allowed to see the field.

Committing to the interior of the offensive line is a priority for me, and I would have no problem with rounds 1 and 2 being spent in that area. The thought that you don't take talented players at any position because other later round players have panned out is silly to me. I would be very happy with a number of offensive lineman at the top of this draft, it is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Terrible logic, and one key reason to why our offense has been bottom 5 in the league for years now. Yes, we have lacked quality quarterback play, but the other key component is the lack of commitment to the offensive line group early in the draft, and the constant revolving door of downright terrible players Elway has allowed to see the field.

Committing to the interior of the offensive line is a priority for me, and I would have no problem with rounds 1 and 2 being spent in that area. The thought that you don't take talented players at any position because other later round players have panned out is silly to me. I would be very happy with a number of offensive lineman at the top of this draft, it is stacked.
    No, it's not terrible logic. When you are talking interior offensive lineman that's just where they go. You dont have to draft guards or centers in round 1 or 2 to find studs.....history proves that. Tackles are a different story

No, it's not terrible logic. When you are talking interior offensive lineman that's just where they go. You dont have to draft guards or centers in round 1 or 2 to find studs.....history proves that. Tackles are a different story
    This argument was all put deaded a year ago by those people who were in favour of drafting a guard in the top 5. Are you aware that of the last 4 All-Pro teams and the 12 interior offensive lineman selected, 7 of them were first round picks, 2 were second round picks, and 1 was a third round pick ? The argument and line of thinking you possess here isn't actually supported by the facts.

Ed Oliver was so close one pick away and I think Denver drafts him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Ed Oliver was so close one pick away and I think Denver drafts him.
    I was watching that with anticipation. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I was watching that with anticipation. Ah well.
    Same it was buzzkill for me. Damn you Bills.

I don't think it does

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't think it does
    Kelce, 6th round
    Paradis, 6th round
    Sitton, 4th round
    HOF Will Shields, 3rd round
    Shaq Mason, 4th round
    Evan Smith, undrafted
    Jonathon Cooper, 7th round
    J.R Sweezy, 7th round
    Roman Foster, undrafted
    Richie Incognito, 3rd round
    Larry Warford, 3rd round
    TJ Lang, 4th round
    Ronald Leary, undrafted
    Andrew Norwell, undrafted

I could sit here and post another laundry list of interior linemen who were drafted past round 2 that are all studs. Not that hard to find quality inside late in Drafts

How many interior olinemen drafted in rounds 3-7 are you banking on starting? Do you really think Sam Jones will likely ever be more than a depth guy?

I truly believe that the NFL has the value of linemen backwards. You can help edge rushers with TEs and RBs, also QBs can evade outside pressure by stepping up, if the pocket collapses from the interior they have to scramble out of the pocket which leads to more holding, sacks, and more errant passes especially for a guy like Flacco. Andrew Luck didnít become one of the least sacked QBs because his OTs held up, its because Nelson solidified that interior and allowed them to shift their protections more to help their OTs.

The rise of the super athletic edge rushers drove the value for OTs way up, but now weíre seeing a lot more interior rushers who wreck games. Watt, Jones, Donald, Jackson, Campbell, Dockett, Suh, Atkins, McCoy, etc. Not to say all these guys are still dominant(or even playing) but itís becoming more common to see dominant interior rushers (in this draft thereís 4-5 of them) and with the amount of interior blitzes being brought you better have an interior that can hold up and give your QB a clean pocket.