View Poll Results: #10 Pick..... Who you got??? (Public Poll)

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwayne Haskins QB

4 6.78%
  • Drew Lock QB

12 20.34%
  • TJ Hockenson TE

8 13.56%
  • Devin Bush ILB

7 11.86%
  • Devin White ILB

13 22.03%
  • Other.....

4 6.78%
  • Trade for more draft picks

11 18.64%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Personally I hope we do not take a QB. Our proven history has shown we do not know how to identify good QBs nor how to coach QBs nor how to put a environment in place for QBs to develop. We should work on our coaching ability to develop QBs and put a good environment around a QB before we start using 1st round draft picks on QBs.

Our QB development problems and team pass protection problems would require a no brainier 1st overall pick talent to overcome (Luck or Elway for example). We would not be able to draft the kind of qb we need.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Personally I hope we do not take a QB. Our proven history has shown we do not know how to identify good QBs nor how to coach QBs nor how to put a environment in place for QBs to develop. We should work on our coaching ability to develop QBs and put a good environment around a QB before we start using 1st round draft picks on QBs.

Our QB development problems and team pass protection problems would require a no brainier 1st overall pick talent to overcome (Luck or Elway for example). We would not be able to draft the kind of qb we need.
    We dont know how to identify or coach QBs? Yet so many people give Scangarello all the props in the world for finding and developing Nick Mullens. Maybe he can work his magic on one of Lock or Haskins?

Everyone wants to hold Elway at the end of a barrel for picking Lynch and Osweiler. Lynch was a bad choice, no doubt about it. Osweiler on the other hand was a 2nd round gamble that won us a super bowl so I'd say it wasn't that big of a bust. If he would of stayed instead of chasing the money he might have had a better career.

I want Elway to keep picking QBs until we find his replacement because we've been waiting for almost 20 years to find a long term answer

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    We dont know how to identify or coach QBs? Yet so many people give Scangarello all the props in the world for finding and developing Nick Mullens. Maybe he can work his magic on one of Lock or Haskins?

Everyone wants to hold Elway at the end of a barrel for picking Lynch and Osweiler. Lynch was a bad choice, no doubt about it. Osweiler on the other hand was a 2nd round gamble that won us a super bowl so I'd say it wasn't that big of a bust. If he would of stayed instead of chasing the money he might have had a better career.

I want Elway to keep picking QBs until we find his replacement because we've been waiting for almost 20 years to find a long term answer
    I was talking our proven history

Pretty sure we all hope the changes made in the last few months allow us to make new history

Even if the new coaches work out we still need to create a proper environment. Not many qbs in the history of the NFL can succeed with our team pass protection the last three years.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I was talking our proven history

Pretty sure we all hope the changes made in the last few months allow us to make new history

Even if the new coaches work out we still need to create a proper environment. Not many qbs in the history of the NFL can succeed with our team pass protection the last three years.
    I know Denver in its entire history have not had success drafting a franchise QB but that shouldn't stop us from trying

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I'm just curious why people are still wanting him/predicting him after the stories about him arguing with the Broncos staff came out and his questionable fit in the defensive scheme. It seems like there are a lot of people who want him.
    Who said that happened? Not saying it didnt but I must have missed what happened.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Who said that happened? Not saying it didnt but I must have missed what happened.
    posted in one of these threads somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    This stories could be true or not I don’t go by he or she say. We shall see come draft night.
    maybe it did, maybe it didn't. That is the least of the issues. It still doesn't change the fact that his best position is probably a 3 technique in an even front defense. You can even look at a lot of the players I have heard him compared to: Sapp, John Randle, Sheldon Richardson, Aaron Donald,....all 3 techniques. He would probably do well at a 4 as well but that might be the deepest position on the team right now and taking him wouldn't really fill a hole. We have a big need for ILB, OG/OC, and NT. Trying to fill all of those spots without using the 1st round pick on one would be difficult, imo.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-20-2019 at 09:03 PM.

I think it's Haskins or Lock. Are we really gonna pass on the opportunity to take a good QB at 10 with no decent long term options on the team right now and a new coaching staff in place with Scangarello to here to develop a guy? it puts this new coaching staff in a tough spot for the future if we don't draft a guy that they plan on being the guy after 2020 or even this season. Framchise QBs dont grow on trees, gotta take one when you have an opportunity even if past options haven't panned out.

Maybe they take Daniel Jones later but I think they'll take Haskins or Lock if they can.

I'm really conflicted on this.

Part of me feels we are going to improve dramatically under Fangio, and with Sutton, Freeman, Chubb and Lindsey a year to the wiser there is real hope. With CJH and even Von getting up there in footballing years perhaps we have to draft for now. In this case I'd go for Hockenson.
    To be honest, if Von starts to decline (and I have no basis for saying he will) then I'd rather we bite the bullet this year and do whatever it takes to get the very best QB in this draft, and develop a core of young players for 2021 and beyond.
    For me, worse case scenario, we improve dramatically (10-6,11-5) fall early in the Playoffs next two years, and would have to sell the farm, tractor and wife to move up to get a Franchise-type QB in 2020/21.

I think if the Broncos are high on Murray, Haskins, or Lock then they must do whatever it takes.
    Still totally conflicted... Because a part of me thinks we can win with Flacco, a weapon at TE, a decent free agent ILB, and two more serviceable O-Liners, plus a little gem from mid rounds this year.
    But I also think that we could bring in Scooby Wright at MLB to add to the mix.... ?!?!?!
    Last edited by BiscuitBronco; 04-21-2019 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Typo

To Joe flacco coming here doesn't mean crap. Elway can we say are in "win now mode" all he wants, dont make it true. Heck any GM can say that but if you don't have the pieces to do so then what. If we have as many holes as some of you say we do then we can't fix it in one draft. When got a qb one hit away from being out from the season with no backup worth anything. Love lindsay but dont know how he will do in 2nd year when teams have tape on him...hope he does great again. Sanders getting old and coming if major injury. Two second year wrs. Three injury prone t.e... no lbs...chris Harris not reporting getting older....Now win now mean what exactly???? Make it to the playoffs as a wild card and get put out in the first round then have a pick in the 20s next year? We maybe the 4th best team in our own division ..but we are in win now mode. Last I checked we have had 2 back to back top 10 picks. No excuses we are what our records says we are. Like the previous post. If you like one of the QBs, you do whatever it takes to get them period. We have to fix this qb problem.

I'm not the one to believe next year draft class is soooo much better than this one.... Honestly none of then impress me enough to say we gotta get them. So why wait.

Would I be mad with Devin Bush, no. But I definitely wouldn't trade if it doesn't involve someone next year 1st rd.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 04-21-2019 at 06:25 AM.

I donít think this yearís roster will be worse than last yearís. I predict we pick in the 12-20 range for the 2020 draft. This means it will cost significantly more to trade up to get our franchise QB of the future.

You cannot tell me you are serious in thinking that Joe Flacco is a permanent solution for the next 5 years.

The way our roster is built, we wonít be in a position to draft Tua/Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, etc. in the upcoming years. UNLESS we sell the farm, which is largely unpopular with people on this board.

If we sit at #10 and Haskins is there, you gotta take him.

Even if Murray slips out of the top 5, if Iím Elway I am going to negotiate to trade up for a franchise-electrifying player.

It is a deep DL class.

MLB will still be a position of weakness. One hopes that Jewell can develop even more after a decent first year.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I donít think this yearís roster will be worse than last yearís. I predict we pick in the 12-20 range for the 2020 draft. This means it will cost significantly more to trade up to get our franchise QB of the future.

You cannot tell me you are serious in thinking that Joe Flacco is a permanent solution for the next 5 years.

The way our roster is built, we wonít be in a position to draft Tua/Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, etc. in the upcoming years. UNLESS we sell the farm, which is largely unpopular with people on this board.

Even if Murray slips out of the top 5, if Iím Elway I am going to negotiate to trade up for a franchise-electrifying player.

It is a deep DL class.

MLB will still be a position of weakness. One hopes that Jewell can develop even more after a decent first year.
    ^^^^^

Exactly, ILB position is a hard one to get right too but a heck of a lot easier to find in later rounds. Plus, there is the trade option for Lee too

If Lock, Haskins and Devin White are off the board at #10 (or if Elway doesnt like this year's QBs), I think we are going to pick either Devin Bush or Greedy Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I don’t think this year’s roster will be worse than last year’s. I predict we pick in the 12-20 range for the 2020 draft. This means it will cost significantly more to trade up to get our franchise QB of the future.

The way our roster is built, we won’t be in a position to draft Tua/Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, etc. in the upcoming years. UNLESS we sell the farm, which is largely unpopular with people on this board.

Even if Murray slips out of the top 5, if I’m Elway I am going to negotiate to trade up for a franchise-electrifying player.

It is a deep DL class.

With that schedule I could easily see us having a 10 top pick again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    With that schedule I could easily see us having a 10 top pick again next year.
    Facts.