View Poll Results: Bush or Hockenson at 10?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devin Bush

8 61.54%
  • TJ Hockenson

3 23.08%
  • Other

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Devin Bush or TJ Hockenson at 10?

Two players have emerged as the mock draft favorites for the Broncos!

Michigan linebacker Devin Bush has quickly emerged as the top pick for Denver. However Iowa tight end T.J. Hockenson has quickly emerged as a very popular pick for the Broncos as well if on the board.

A strong case can be made for each player. In fact, both are blue-chip talents and ideally fit Denver’s scheme while both positions are of a huge need for Denver.

Bush has a claim for being the draft’s best off-ball linebacker and the potential to be the top playmaking defensive player in the entire class.

Although he lacks ideal height, Bush makes up for it with elite instincts, athleticism and versatility. It’s a dangerous combination of attributes capable of making him a multi-year Pro Bowler.

In fact, he could be a Bobby Wagner-like presence in the middle of a defense right away, especially if he’s playing behind big men up front like Shelby Harris and Derek Wolfe.

Put Bush in the middle of Vic Fangio's attacking defense could all but guarantee substantial improvement in 2019 and beyond.

Hockenson is the best all-around tight end in the draft and one of the 10 best players in the entire class.

He is an experienced and accomplished blocker and a legitimate playmaking threat as a receiver, with the unique combination of toughness and athleticism necessary to emerge as one of the NFL’s premier inline tight ends.

His best pro comparison is likely Travis Kelce, although his ceiling as a player could be as high as Rob Gronkowski.

Hockenson is an absolute perfect fit in the offense of new offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello's offense, who prefers to use the tight end position early and often allowing the young playcaller to run different plays that look identical personnel-wise because of the two-way ability of the tight end.

Hockenson could be an identity-changing player for Joe Flacco and the Denver Broncos.

Tough decisions for John Elway if both players are on the board at 10 especially with both Vic Fangio and Rich Scangarello staring Elway in the face!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-23-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

There's what I want, and then there's what I think will happen. I think Elway thinks Heuerman is a dude. I think he likes Lock, but also has Flacco for some wiggle room. I think we have a gaping hole at ILB. So, my expectation is that we take Bush, and then trade back into the first for Lock. Not sure how I feel about trading back up for Lock, but I like Bush. Would be fine with that pick. Also, I'm starting to get the feeling that NY passes on Haskins, and he winds up in Miami or Washington.

Didn't want to be the first to respond as I'm going other. Been saying for quite awhile, Lock, Hock or Bush. Love the fact that Hock or Bush are the choices and your descriptions are perfect. It's basically a toss up between the two. Playing devils advocate, we could target Wilson in the 2nd or there are other choices in later rounds, if Hock is the choice. There could also be a trade for Lee from the Jets. I read there are three teams interested, and I feel like we are one of them. On the other hand, if Bush is the choice we could target Alabama's TE possibly in round 2 or even Sternberger in the 3rd and there are others to choose as well. My preference to choose other goes to Lock, I want the future on our team. Let him sit year one and state it immediately, If Flacco plays well this year.....he could sit year 2 as well. I understand there's pressure to play your 1st round QB, but stand strong. Stick to the plan. Love your poll though Hock or Bush.

Bush..........

I went with Bush. It's really hard to go wrong with these 2 choices as they both seem worthy of a #10 pick and aren't just a need pick.

Would love either player. Would prefer to trade down to with the Dolphins or Redskins if a QB they want is still at #10 but they may be too risky. I would add Bradbury to the mix of guys that could be targets at #13 or #15 in a trade down scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Would love either player. Would prefer to trade down to with the Dolphins or Redskins if a QB they want is still at #10 but they may be too risky. I would add Bradbury to the mix of guys that could be targets at #13 or #15 in a trade down scenario.
    Soooo which one ? Lol

I don't think either are in play. Every move Denver has made, everything that's been said, every attempt at a smokescreen, it all SCREAMS trading up for a QB. So much so that anything else would be a massive surprise. I have half a paycheck invested in it with a friendly wager.

If I had to pick out of your hypothetical, I'd go Bush.

I voted for Bush. He has all the tools needed and is very instinctive. We can get Irv Smith later in the draft...3rd round.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

I would prefer Bush to White but I think Hockensen Is the best offensive player in this draft so I'd have to go with him

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Soooo which one ? Lol
    Not entirely sure. I think we can go a lot of different ways but if we stayed at #10 and if I had to choose I would slightly lean towards Hockenson.

He would be a huge help in the passing and run game. We have a great defense but I think we need more offensive play-makers.

Of the two, I'd go Bush! I prefer a QB, but my next choice is ILB. And if we go QB, I hope Wilson is available with our 2nd pick. But yes, White will be long gone at 10.

We had Bush beans the other night, so it's an omen of some sort....cuz my wife could care less who we pick!

(or is she a silent Broncos fanatic!!!)

Last edited by CanDB; 04-23-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Bush is my choice. He is a great fit for our needs and he has the skills to evolve into a top player in our system. Hockenson looks to be ready to go and could step in and answer a huge question we have at the position. He is certainly no consolation prize.

Originally I was hoping Hockenson would be on our short list, but I think we need to add speed to our unit. Our TE group is actually pretty solid but are mainly in-line guys. Hockenson is a bit more versatile but his strength will be used as an in-line TE. With the re-signing of Heurman and the (hopefully) continued progress with Butt we might actually be pretty strong at the position. I personally would love to add a mismatch guy like Fant or Knox who have top end speed and could/would be used outside a bit more.

It's a big gamble to assume our often injured TEs won't be- so I see the desire for Hockenson. Im just holding out hope that Butt (specifically) returns to full strength.

Devin Bush, with no hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't think either are in play. Every move Denver has made, everything that's been said, every attempt at a smokescreen, it all SCREAMS trading up for a QB. So much so that anything else would be a massive surprise. I have half a paycheck invested in it with a friendly wager.

If I had to pick out of your hypothetical, I'd go Bush.
    I get this feeling as well.