Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,706
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Itís called smack

    The safe zone is that way óó->
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    it is a whiny trollish babyish and jealose argument
    interesting that the top post was what you said to me yesterday but yet it seems as though you are saying the exact same thing in this second post...or am i missing something?

    As you said...the safe zone is that way ------->

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    he would have fired him right after signing a washed up never win another superbowl never be a top qb again manning
    At first i thought you meant Flacco 😎

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    At first i thought you meant Flacco 😎
    No the question was when would bap had fired elway... I said right after he signed a washed up has been with a neck injury

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,706
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    1. You whined about us responding to some three headed troll or some crap
    And I told you the safe zone was that way->

    2. I responded in smack about baps insistence that somehow our SB win is tainted because we had free agents

    The two instances are nowhere the same or like

    Point denied
    I called baphat a troll...you called baphat a troll, seems like the same thing to me but hey whatever you say dude.

    I'm not gonna sit here & argue back & forth (some like to do that) with you because you see it how you see it as do i, so i'm done with the discussion.

    peace out!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,019
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I called baphat a troll...you called baphat a troll, seems like the same thing to me but hey whatever you say dude.

    I'm not gonna sit here & argue back & forth (some like to do that) with you because you see it how you see it as do i, so i'm done with the discussion.

    peace out!
    one day you broncos fans that like to whine about me talking smack here will realize it's not that serious and that i'm just messing around. also, if you pay attention here in smack.....everyone trolls, it's the nature of the beast. if you don't like my posts in particular then don't read them, simple as that.

    get over it or as rap told you, go to your safe zone.


    Welcome Back! #85

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    lol. Baph.

    NFL GM Power Rankings. Also known as, "Who has the best quarterback and isn't the Green Bay Packers". All I know is, Elway Super Bowl Rings as GM = 1, and Every Chargers GM in history = 0.
    having a good QB is half the battle, yes. that's why elway struggles to get even a decent starting QB is painfully evident.

    manning making elway look like a better GM than he actually is = yes

    the dude is not good at bringing in talent, his team is sub-mediocre since manning retired......wake me up when that is not the case anymore.


    Welcome Back! #85

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I've said this several times before..... Why keep hanging on to this argument? What is the GM's job? Bring in the best players available and go after the SB, right?? HE DID HIS JOB!!!!! Now, without trying to sound too trollish, this really sounds like a jealousy argument. Hating his success is fun for challenging opponents I guess, but he has had success no matter how he's built his team.
    because there is no staying power with the way elway built his SB team.

    also, no he has not" had success no matter how he's built his team", that is an inaccurate statement. he primarily bought his SB team through FA as well as getting lucky with a couple UDFA's like a lot of teams do. he hasn't made huge FA splashes like he did initially, because he can't. now he is forced to primarily build his team through the draft with a sprinkling of budget and semi-budget FA signings, just like telesco and most other GM's do.

    he has not had a lot of success doing that. this isn't a jealously argument.....this is what i have been saying for years and i'm being proven right more and more each day.


    Welcome Back! #85

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,019
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Cute , it doesnít count lol

    Clearly you noticed where I said the 2018 starters or did you conveniently ignore that
    as if the roster is that much different now? they let liuget walk who was a draft pick and replaced him with another draft pick. they lost tyrell williams to FA who was an UDFA and did not replace him, benjamin will likely replace his spot as WR3 and was a FA pick up, so that changes nothing to my argument either.

    they added thomas davis through FA, let addai walk who was an UDFA so that's another wash in terms of my argument. what else am i missing here? seems to be virtually the same and almost all of the best and most key players on the chargers team are former telesco draft picks other than rivers and hayward.

    that wasn't the case with the broncos SB team. so don't act like i'm contradicting myself, i'm clearly not.

    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why elway doesn't build his team the same way he built his SB team if he is such a genius? why did he change his philosophy? I think you all know the answer to that question but you won't admit because that would be admitting that i'm right and been right this entire time.


    Welcome Back! #85

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    as if the roster is that much different now? they let liuget walk who was a draft pick and replaced him with another draft pick. they lost tyrell williams to FA who was an UDFA and did not replace him, benjamin will likely replace his spot as WR3 and was a FA pick up, so that changes nothing to my argument either.

    they added thomas davis through FA, let addai walk who was an UDFA so that's another wash in terms of my argument. what else am i missing here? seems to be virtually the same and almost all of the best and most key players on the chargers team are former telesco draft picks other than rivers and hayward.

    that wasn't the case with the broncos SB team. so don't act like i'm contradicting myself, i'm clearly not.

    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why elway doesn't build his team the same way he built his SB team if he is such a genius? why did he change his philosophy? I think you all know the answer to that question but you won't admit because that would be admitting that i'm right and been right this entire time.
    Who are you arguing with? Yes Telesco has had some good drafts, so did the Chargers in the mid 2000ís.
    At the end of the day GMs like QBs are graded the postseason and rings.
    Elway 1-0 Telesco 0

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,706
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

    again, not one probowler or elite player has been drafted by elway since von miller........
    That simply is just not true pinocchio...

    Elway drafted julius thomas (2x pro bowler)
    Elway drafted malik jackson who also made the pro bowl

    Now before you go flapping you gums, because i know what you will say...that malik jackson didn't make the pro bowl as a bronco but that is not what you stated, you said "drafted by elway" - malik jackson was "in fact" drafted by john elway.

    so stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

    P.S. elway also has found a few gems along the way in undrafted free agents like chris harris, cj anderson & phillip lindsay...all of whom have made "the pro bowl"

    But i'm certain that in baps world that just doesn't count because they weren't drafted

    by the way, how many undrafted free agents have the chuggers had that went to the pro bowl?

    now run along & conjure up some way to twist everything around to fit what baphat said originally

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,019
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    That simply is just not true pinocchio...

    Elway drafted julius thomas (2x pro bowler)
    Elway drafted malik jackson who also made the pro bowl

    Now before you go flapping you gums, because i know what you will say...that malik jackson didn't make the pro bowl as a bronco but that is not what you stated, you said "drafted by elway" - malik jackson was "in fact" drafted by john elway.

    so stick that in your pipe & smoke it!
    oh can i play?

    in that case, the chargers drafted two SB champion QB's

    P.S. elway also has found a few gems along the way in undrafted free agents like chris harris, cj anderson & phillip lindsay...all of whom have made "the pro bowl"

    But i'm certain that in baps world that just doesn't count because they weren't drafted

    by the way, how many undrafted free agents have the chuggers had that went to the pro bowl?

    now run along & conjure up some way to twist everything around to fit what baphat said originally
    just off the top of my head? antonio gates and adrian philips. the reason why i don't give any GM as much credit for UDFA's that have success is because the players themselves deserve most of the credit for busting ass and earning a spot on the team. if the GM really saw that potential in them, they would have drafted them in the 6th or 7th round where GM's are strictly looking for those diamonds in the rough.


    Welcome Back! #85

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,871
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    oh can i play?

    in that case, the chargers drafted two SB champion QB's
    Yeah one couldnít stand being associated with you guys for the short time that he was and his decisions to hate you guys has proven to be the right decision.

    And as you like say about Miller, everyone knew Eli would be somewhat special, you guys just sucked harder than the rest of the bottom feeders to be drafting number 1!

    Also Dumping Drew Brees has proven to be one of thee stupidest moves in the history of the game. Not sure Iíd brag about that one.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    No the question was when would bap had fired elway... I said right after he signed a washed up has been with a neck injury
    Yeah I get it, just kinda sounded like how he refers to Flacco. Washed up trash.
    Whatís weird is when the Chargers went 4-12 in 2015 & 5-11 in 2016 despite having a franchise QB i donít remember Baphs showing GM rankings. Weird how his logic works.
    .....Some fear Terrorist.....I view them as JUSTIFIED TARGETS!!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah one couldnít stand being associated with you guys for the short time that he was and his decisions to hate you guys has proven to be the right decision.

    And as you like say about Miller, everyone knew Eli would be somewhat special, you guys just sucked harder than the rest of the bottom feeders to be drafting number 1!

    Also Dumping Drew Brees has proven to be one of thee stupidest moves in the history of the game. Not sure Iíd brag about that one.
    Havenít you heard ? Brees is the Broncos mistake!!!!!! He thinks Denver who already had Plummer and Cutler should have signed Brees ( i wish we had).
    Instead of adding a receiver like Larry Fitzgerald and building the team around Brees they gave up on him, drafted Eli ( who didnít want to play the Chargers, and then got plan B Rivers.
    Baphs is the only Charger fan I know who thinks drafting Rivers was a better choice than building around Brees.

    Now Elway having two losing seasons means he is a bust as a GM,
    Telesco having back to back losing seasons in 2015 & 2016 with a franchise QB was all part of his plan i guess.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,892
    Itís funny watching broncos fans and chargers fans arguing about 2nd place on this board

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •