Seahawks Agree To Trade Frank Clark To KC For Draft Picks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...or-draft-picks

Here's a short piece from the article.....

The Seahawks agreed to trade Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, a 2020 second-round pick and a swap of third-round picks in 2019, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, via sources informed of the transaction.

Not long after the trade, Rapoport reported Clark agreed with the Chiefs to a new five-year contract worth a whopping $105.5 million with $63.5 million guaranteed.

Might be a good trade for both sides. KC needs D help, especially after losing Ford, and Seattle needs more pieces.

I think the Chiefs Defense will still be worse than last year and Mahomes will regress. I dont know that this is their division this year. It might well be up for grabs

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I think the Chiefs Defense will still be worse than last year and Mahomes will regress. I dont know that this is their division this year. It might well be up for grabs
    I tend to agree with you, especially since their new DC has shown a knack for coaching bad units, historically so on one occasion. I also don't understand trading Ford and then giving up more ( both money wise and in a first round pick) for Clark. Does Clark have off the field issues that Ford didn't? Because that would explain the Chefs eagerness to pay a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I tend to agree with you, especially since their new DC has shown a knack for coaching bad units, historically so on one occasion. I also don't understand trading Ford and then giving up more ( both money wise and in a first round pick) for Clark. Does Clark have off the field issues that Ford didn't? Because that would explain the Chefs eagerness to pay a premium.
    They might not have bought into Ford, remember Ford was considered a bust and while he played well this season, how much of that can be attributed to Chris Jones being a top pass rusher? Yes Ford did have 10 sacks in 2016 but 7.5 of them were in 3 games.

Whereas Frank Clark has been pretty consistent and improving every year the past 3 years and heíll be 26 this season while Ford is 28. Plus I do think Clark gives you a little extra as a run defender. I donít agree with giving him 21 per year though but thatís just the nature of negotiations, this was all to top the Demarcus Lawrence deal even though I think Lawrence is better. Clark probably should have got around 17-18 mil like Ford.

Itíll be interesting to see what kind of contract Clowney gets now. Statistically heís not as good as those guys but watching him paints a different picture. Thereís talks of the Raiders shaking up the draft, I could see this being a move they make.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    They might not have bought into Ford, remember Ford was considered a bust and while he played well this season, how much of that can be attributed to Chris Jones being a top pass rusher? Yes Ford did have 10 sacks in 2016 but 7.5 of them were in 3 games.

Whereas Frank Clark has been pretty consistent and improving every year the past 3 years and he’ll be 26 this season while Ford is 28. Plus I do think Clark gives you a little extra as a run defender. I don’t agree with giving him 21 per year though but that’s just the nature of negotiations, this was all to top the Demarcus Lawrence deal even though I think Lawrence is better. Clark probably should have got around 17-18 mil like Ford.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of contract Clowney gets now. Statistically he’s not as good as those guys but watching him paints a different picture. There’s talks of the Raiders shaking up the draft, I could see this being a move they make.
    I agree that Clark is getting overpaid, but such is the life of sports stars. But I am on your side, that KC got a good player in Clark, who might help them defensively enough to more balance their talented O. KC did not do quite enough defensively, pending the draft of course, but they did acquire 2 really talented players in Clark and Mathieu, and though they gave up a first, they did get their 2020 second in the Ford deal.