Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Chris Harris Trade or Pay

Schefter reporting it and Klis reporting trade or pay him his request of $15 mil a year (Normanís top paid corner at $15 mil a year).

What should Elway do? Tough decisions ahead on draft days.
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

If you "Pay", the Broncos will need to come up with some fancy accounting for the Cap.

They're not paying Chris $15 million a year. He's one of my favorite players. I want a deal to get done. But that ain't happening.

Guess we need to start preparing for life without Chris...

Chris Harris is awesome but he's 30 coming off injury and he wants to be paid top money for a corner? I don't see it happening, we can maybe give him more than Jackson but 15 come on Chris you aren't and never will be Champ Bailey

He waited far to long to request such an amount but hey lets get whatever draft capital we can for him right now. mbt bank near me

And didn't we rework his contract last year to kick him more money?

I think weíd all agree and appreciate that Chris Harris has been a foundation piece for the Broncos for a long time. But a player on the wrong side of 30 throwing a tantrum 2 days before the draft to ďget hisĒ, deserved or not, is on the losing end of a game of chicken with Elway... He gone....

Brandon Marshall ridiculously attempting Deliver Paris to the Raiders. As if John Elway whatever trade him there

Patriots set the example... of course, helps when you have BB and TB... but trade him for picks and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Patriots set the example... of course, helps when you have BB and TB... but trade him for picks and move on.
    Itís better to trade him now then allow him to freely sign with the patriots. I donít see him asking for 15 mil from them.

Heíll get traded to the 49ers or rams for little to nothing. How they'll pay him I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís better to trade him now then allow him to freely sign with the patriots. I donít see him asking for 15 mil from them.

Heíll get traded to the 49ers or rams for little to nothing. How they'll pay him I do not know.
    I wonder if we trade Harris to SF to swap 10 for 2... grab stud DT from Alabama, or flip him to SEA with our second for their 2 first rounders

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I wonder if we trade Harris to SF to swap 10 for 2... grab stud DT from Alabama, or flip him to SEA with our second for their 2 first rounders
    Hahaha this was just posted to twitter, not sure a disgruntled Harris would yield two very high picks. However itís a very nice thought though!

One thing is for sure and that is the Broncos phones should be ringing off the hook in the hours leading up to the draft.

Elway is either a genious or one of the most ignorant human beings weíve seen in a long time with the incendiary comments he made today!

Whats wrong with him!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-23-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Canít say Iíd oppose this if it were possible!

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    And didn't we rework his contract last year to kick him more money?
    He got some escalators/incentives but even with those he was getting a little more than half what the Kareem Jackson is getting who is not even as good as him.

Would hate to lose him but it sounds like a team friendly extension (the ultimate hope) is not going to happen.

Due to his high level of play we would likely net a 3rd Rd compensatory pick if we were to keep him and he walks in '20. Elway likely realizes this and figures our best bet is to keep him at a cap hit of 7 in '19 and take the future compensatory pick.

I would imagine a team would have to offer at least a 2nd to pry him away. ND CB Julian Love is sort of a poor man's Chris Harris but can cover all over the field. He might be a good option if we do end losing Harris.