Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    You could also say Harris should show a little more respect to the man who took a chance on an UDFA and then gave him a life changing contract worth tens of millions of dollars. Instead of actually talking with Elway behind closed doors he publicly gives him an ultimatum. It's a two way street, but of course some fans will always blame Elway for everything.
    He "took a chance" on him because he saw talent. And chj earned those millions. Elway didn't do him a favor. Chj earned everything he received.
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 04-24-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I can’t see anyone giving up a first for him but perhaps if we went to a bottom feeder that we know is going to post a very poor record in 2019 and swap first rounds picks with them along with CHJ. If done that way the broncos may be able to pull it off but there’s a lot of huge risk involved.

Which team could you foresee posting such an ugly record? Arizona, Tampa perhaps!
    I could see a team thinking they are an elite corner away from competing for a championship give up a 1st in 2020. They would be making a trade believing that pick would be 29-32. Maybe it's wishful thinking and I personally think that would be the only thing I could be okay with.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    A.1st? The Broncos threw away one of the Top CBs in the league for a 5th Round pick. The Broncos would be lucky to get a 4th for Chris Harris.
    Talib came with locker room issues and the pick was in the current draft. A little bit different of a situation.

CHJ you screwed up. You took a team friendly deal and played out the majority of it while lesser corners were getting paid more. You were loyal in a league where loyalty from a team is very rare. It is a business after all. You should have taken the leveon bell route and gotten your money when your leverage was high.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I doubt they'll trade the #2 pick for Harris. Do you mean the #2 pick for Harris and the #10 pick?
    Harris, #10 and probably more to move to #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Hey now, I would be happy. It mostly certainly be for Murray or William. For damn for wouldn't be for lock on that you can trust.
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when Elway trades up to no. 2 and takes lock as the first Qb off the board. I'm gonna laugh even harder when he turns into the best Qb of this class

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when Elway trades up to no. 2 and takes lock as the first Qb off the board. I'm gonna laugh even harder when he turns into the best Qb of this class
    I found online a picture of Drew with a huge bronco logo behind it and I'm trying to post it, but it won't work....just to insight everyone, tee hee

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I could see a team thinking they are an elite corner away from competing for a championship give up a 1st in 2020. They would be making a trade believing that pick would be 29-32. Maybe it's wishful thinking and I personally think that would be the only thing I could be okay with.
    I’d like to agree but I just don’t see anyone giving up a first so willingly. They’d demand more.

That is why I say we could always swap first in 2020 and CHJ but what if that trade partner/team posts a winning record?

We’d look like fools so we’d have to go with a losing team unless we traded CHJ for something other than a first!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The back and forth is part of the negotiations. The Broncos are in this position partly because of signing a player like Ja’Wuan James. Fans including myself wanted Elway to invest in the offensive line. $5 mil isn’t a small bump when cap space sits at approx. $11 mil. I don’t think “Pay me or trade me” is contentious as it’s simply one side putting their position on the table.
    No issue with spending on oline.

But I question the $8.2m still being spent on Keenum and Lynch experiments. Over $21m in dead cap money this year being squandered.

Make better decisions and there would not be the issue with giving Harris his much deserved increase.

Elway loves these contract powers plays. When he stops doing them I’ll stop criticizing him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    CHJ you screwed up. You took a team friendly deal and played out the majority of it while lesser corners were getting paid more. You were loyal in a league where loyalty from a team is very rare. It is a business after all. You should have taken the leveon bell route and gotten your money when your leverage was high.
    I agree with this but we also don't know what was said to CHJ when we signed him to his current deal. At the end of the day though we have had a top tier CB in CHJ for less than market value. This allowed us to put together a truly elite defense and keep most of them here. The issue really is that Elway was draft piss poor replacements for his top tier guys so as a result we are now dipping into the FA bottom of the barrel to try and win.

In addition CHJ has been a pretty good player for us and has not caused a bunch of issues (publicly). So I can see how and why he is starting to get salty. There is no part of this team I have seen though which has led me to believe that we are making great decisions now in FA. So we KNOW how good CHJ can be....I think he is worth about 13 mil a season now. His game does not lend itself to being an "outside guy" and thus as his speed diminishes so does his value.

Has Harris really threatened to sit out the season ? Who does he think he is ? He isn't a superstar in this league, no one cares. I'd rather keep him, force him to sit out, or make him play on the contract he doesn't want to. Jesus, never did I think I would see Harris threaten to sit out the season guy has lost the plot and I hope Elway plays hardball with him.

I don't care what happens with Chris Harris personally. I don't think he is going to get the huge contract he wants from anyone if they have to give up a significant pick at the same time, he just isn't on that superstar level to warrant that. Now, I would honestly rather force him to either play on his current contract next season, or let him choose to sit out for the entire season. What is the alternative ? We get a 4th round pick ? I really hope Elway stands firm on this one, unless the compensation is going to be a 3rd rounder, which I highly doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    No issue with spending on oline.

But I question the $8.2m still being spent on Keenum and Lynch experiments. Over $21m in dead cap money this year being squandered.

[B]Make better decisions[B] and there would not be the issue with giving Harris his much deserved increase.

Elway loves these contract powers plays. When he stops doing them I’ll stop criticizing him for it.
    Keenum and Lynch were bad decisions at the time. Hindsight is 20-20. Fortunately Elway moved on from both and salvaged as much as possible in cap space by trading Keenum.

From the changes we’ve seen Elway make with coaching and the roster he’s trying to remedy the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    Figures. I finally buy a jersey with a name on it because he was one of my favorite players and now he wants a trade. Haha! Should of bought Bailey’s
    THIS is why I dont buy player jerseys

A Chris Harris trade can produce a player, a pick this year and/or next or a combination. Denver may get a supplemental pick or two next year. They can trade back this year depending on who is available at #10. It will be interesting to see what kind of draft capital can be acquired and how it is invested. In the event Harris is traded, another free agent or two could be signed.