Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I think he will get a good deal, and be a happy Bronco.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Find it surprising that so many continue to be willing to play hard balll with Harris. He is a top CB, team leader and foundation piece of the defense if not the whole team.

It is not his fault that the cap is so tight. Elwayís blunders at QB and tackle have led to a significant dead cap and overpay for FAs.

Signing Jackson (an older less accomplished player) for significantly more obviously didnít sit well. Also seeing Roby signing for $10m had to be frustrating.

Have there been any reports of contact between the team and Harris. Typically this is the kind of info that gets leaked from ďsources ď . Itís after the draft there should be some contact from the team just out of respect. Maybe I missed it.

I still believe this situation should have never reached this point. The extension should have been negotiated long ago. When Harris would have been more willing to compromise. Now who knows, a proud player backed into a corner can react any number of ways when screwed with. Most not good for the team.

All I know is the Broncos are a better with Harris, on and off the field.
    Per Mile High Report:

According to Mike Klis of 9News, Elway spoke with Harrisí agent, Frederick Lyles, and the price hasnít budged.

During his conversation with Elway, Lyles reiterated his asking price. Sources say it was unchanged from what 9News reported three weeks ago Ė an annual average salary greater than $15 million.

One source said the Broncos will not be trading Harris. One team expressed interest in acquiring Harris in the hours prior to the draft, but backed off, the source said.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Per Mile High Report:

According to Mike Klis of 9News, Elway spoke with Harrisí agent, Frederick Lyles, and the price hasnít budged.

During his conversation with Elway, Lyles reiterated his asking price. Sources say it was unchanged from what 9News reported three weeks ago Ė an annual average salary greater than $15 million.

One source said the Broncos will not be trading Harris. One team expressed interest in acquiring Harris in the hours prior to the draft, but backed off, the source said.
    Thanks for posting . At least some talks going on. Found the MHR article from yesterday. It states there have been a few discussions over the past few weeks.

Really too bad it reached this point. Hopefully a resolution can be worked out by training camp.

Thanks for posting . At least some talks going on. Found the MHR article from yesterday. It states there have been a few discussions over the past few weeks.

Really too bad it reached this point. Hopefully a resolution can be worked out by training camp.
    Just saw another article reported both play to exchange contract proposals. Thatís a good sign.

Reading news,,, it looks like 11-12 million per year offer from the broncos,,Harris agent sticking at 15
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Reading news,,, it looks like 11-12 million per year offer from the broncos,,Harris agent sticking at 15
    Havenít seen the article. But how can the Broncos offer of $11-12m now. They waited and now market value has been set and egos bruised.

They just signed Jackson for 3yrs/ $33m/ $23 m guaranteed. Anything less is useless postering.

Hopefully Harris is able to come down and they find that sweet spot in negotiations. 3yr/ $39m/ $28-30m guaranteed is what I preferred a few weeks ago.

Havenít seen the article. But how can the Broncos offer of $11-12m now. They waited and now market value has been set and egos bruised.

They just signed Jackson for 3yrs/ $33m/ $23 m guaranteed. Anything less is useless postering.

Hopefully Harris is able to come down and they find that sweet spot in negotiations. 3yr/ $39m/ $28-30m guaranteed is what I preferred a few weeks ago.
    I still believe that we should be giving Harris 3 years 39 M guaranteed. Each year he should have 2 or 3 mill available in escalators. If he still believes he is a top of the market guy then hed all but guarantee himself 15 to 16 per year. If he falls off a cliff then wed only take a 2 year 26 million dollar hit.

Harris gets his money and we keep Harris.

Pay CHJ ! Pay CHJ !! Pay CHJ !!!

Harris is not a free agent. The market value is up to Elway to determine.

Von Miller has stepped in as a mediator of sorts. I think a deal will get done at some point with both sides meeting in the middle. Chris Harris will probably come off that 15 mil for a few more in guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Von Miller has stepped in as a mediator of sorts. I think a deal will get done at some point with both sides meeting in the middle. Chris Harris will probably come off that 15 mil for a few more in guarantees.

He almost has to... he is going to make 8 million this year ( rounding off) and if he is tagged 16 million next year,,, that’s 12 million average per year for 2 years.,, I don’t see the broncos going higher than that. Imo his best bet is take that amount, only on a three or four year deal so he isn’t on the streets looking for a contract at 32 years old..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

So Albright speculates in a tweet and now Eagle fans think CHJ is as good as one of their own.

What would Philly be willing to trade if this were a serious conversation? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So Albright speculates in a tweet and now Eagle fans think CHJ is as good as one of their own.

What would Philly be willing to trade if this were a serious conversation? Does anyone know?
    Hopefully an All Pro CB so the defense doesnít take a step backwards.

Maybe Malcolm Jenkins?? Last Eagles safety we landed I'd say ended well....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I hope we extend CHJ soon so all this can end!

I'd be pissed if we lost our 2nd top 3-5 NFL CB in consecutive years.

We saw how losing Talib and going with his 'replacement' worked out for us last season.

While I like the additions we have at CB, I don't think any are better than what we had in Talib and what we'll still hopefully have in CHJ.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above