Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 422
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    When I watch the SB50 DVD the No Fly Zone is awesome
    It seems as if Elway only wants Harris services for a year. Iím not sure why but there are rumors coming out of Washington that suggests Josh Norman will become available really soon.

    Elway better pull his head out and extend CHJ now before the CB market is set at a ridiculously high price again!

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It seems as if Elway only wants Harris services for a year. I’m not sure why but there are rumors coming out of Washington that suggests Josh Norman will become available really soon.

    Elway better pull his head out and extend CHJ now before the CB market is set at a ridiculously high price again!
    Normans on a quicker decline then the 2009 version of Champ Bailey but yea.......someone always over pays

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,598
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Normans on a quicker decline then the 2009 version of Champ Bailey but yea.......someone always over pays
    Yep they sure do

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It seems as if Elway only wants Harris services for a year. I’m not sure why but there are rumors coming out of Washington that suggests Josh Norman will become available really soon.

    Elway better pull his head out and extend CHJ now before the CB market is set at a ridiculously high price again!
    I'm not sure that Elway wants Harris passed this season. I just get the feeling that the most vocal players from the past two seasons (Harris and Wolfe) are playing out their contracts and then Denver will gladly let them walk and collect the comp picks.

    I could very well be wrong, but it just doesn't seem like Denver is in a rush for either. And I get the feeling Harris and his agent know that which is why this went public the way it did.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It seems as if Elway only wants Harris services for a year. Iím not sure why but there are rumors coming out of Washington that suggests Josh Norman will become available really soon.

    Elway better pull his head out and extend CHJ now before the CB market is set at a ridiculously high price again!
    The fact that Elway shopped Harris means he was comfortable letting him go. If they canít compromise on a new deal then we could see Harris play out the season and hit the market. If I had to pick it would be Harris over Norman, even if that meant slightly overpaying Harris.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Wow was he implying that Joe Woods tried to call plays built around the secondary? Well he was a secondary coach as well as VJ.
    Within the context of that press conference my impression was that he appreciated the idea of a Defense focused on overall success rather than the supremacy of a particular grouping. You can consider a few things when trying to read between the lines. He was talking to the press so he may have been referring to the hype around the No Fly Zone. They were asking him questions about CHJ's contract so he may have been referring to the FO's commitment towards one position grouping over another. He's a defensive player with a new HC that has an obvious lean towards the D side of the ball so he may have been referring to playcalling or scheme. But, as I said, my impression is that he was simply expressing an emphasis on his appreciation of the idea of contemplating the entire Defense as a successful unit rather than focusing on one position grouping.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,494
    The rumors coming from these contract talks makes zero sense for the Broncos. Giving him a bump and then letting him walk is silly. They need to give him a couple year contract.

    If they really don't want him past this year, just let him play on his current contract.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,678
    If they dont want him they should trade him asap and get a decent pick .

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,002
    Reports are coming in that an agreement is imminent, and that it will be for 2019 only. It was also reported that the Broncos never offered a multi-year deal for CHJ. This means in all likelihood, this is CHJ's last year with us, so enjoy it.

    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ion-132301238/
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,598
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Reports are coming in that an agreement is imminent, and that it will be for 2019 only. It was also reported that the Broncos never offered a multi-year deal for CHJ. This means in all likelihood, this is CHJ's last year with us, so enjoy it.

    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ion-132301238/
    I understand what everyone else is saying about the Situation but it is still so Disappointing.

    Elway went out and made Kareem Jackson his highest paid Corner back, a guy who has never been to a pro bowl, and a guy who is older than Chris Harris Jr and no where near the same status!

    His best CB (Chris Harris Jr) is staring him right in the face, asking for a somewhat lengthy extension but John Elway seems to want to end the marriage after only one more season!

    WTH does John know that we donít?

    Why sign an older player who isnít as good for so much when he couldíve just extended CHJ, signed Callahan and relied on Yiadom or a cheaper free agent to play nickel?

    No disrespect to Kareem Jackson but why suddenly give him such a large contract and then pretty much break off all long term connections with CHJ who he couldíve had for the same price if not cheaper?

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,564
    I have a feeling I see what they are doing.

    Get him in the building by giving him a pay raise but not adding any years. See how he plays for the one year. If he for some reason canít play at the high level anymore then you can let him walk with no cap hit like you would if you extended him. If he plays great then you can FT with a hit of around $15m.

    You can sign him to a 2 year deal worth $13-15m per year with guarantees no matter what.

    Or

    You can give him a raise and then potentially FT him next yr. Getting essentially $13-15m per year on two years as well. But with the option to cut ties with no hit after 1 year

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,901
    Disappointing if true. Glad to hear he is more likely to remain in a Bronco uniform this year but a one year deal is silly.

    I am going to continue to hope the final agreement is for multiple years.

    Still trying to understand where the narrative keeps coming from concerning the angst over Harris Ď age, decline or injury.

    Have you seen the signs or just expecting it to happen? Are you also including Jackson and Miller in the concern for old players declining before our eyes? Both older then Harris.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Disappointing if true. Glad to hear he is more likely to remain in a Bronco uniform this year but a one year deal is silly.

    I am going to continue to hope the final agreement is for multiple years.

    Still trying to understand where the narrative keeps coming from concerning the angst over Harris Ď age, decline or injury.

    Have you seen the signs or just expecting it to happen? Are you also including Jackson and Miller in the concern for old players declining before our eyes? Both older then Harris.
    It actually makes perfect sense to not extend him but give him a raise this year.

    If he signs a 2 year deal averaging $13-$15 it will most likely have dead cap for the following year plus if he doesnít play well you on the books for him ( assuming there would be dead cap)

    Or

    Pay raise of $13-$15 and see how he plays. If he does well and you want him back then you FT him which is around $15m anyways. If he does poorly then you can walk with no hit.

    Same money just protecting the organization.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    It actually makes perfect sense to not extend him but give him a raise this year.

    If he signs a 2 year deal averaging $13-$15 it will most likely have dead cap for the following year plus if he doesnít play well you on the books for him ( assuming there would be dead cap)

    Or

    Pay raise of $13-$15 and see how he plays. If he does well and you want him back then you FT him which is around $15m anyways. If he does poorly then you can walk with no hit.

    Same money just protecting the organization.
    Why are you assuming dead cap implications or that he doesnít play out a 2-3 year contract?

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,895
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    If they dont want him they should trade him asap and get a decent pick .
    In the event Chris Harris' last year in Denver is 2019 and he signs with another team after the conclusion of the season, Denver would most likely receive a compensatory pick for him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •