Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It also seems like all along, it was about getting more than Kareem Jackson.

I would agree with him.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Glad to see the situation resolved. Not my preferred resolution but Iíll take it.

Time to move on to building some defensive chemistry for the season. Broncos secondary is a strength of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I would agree with him.
    Yes. Always felt they would get something done.

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Glad to see the situation resolved. Not my preferred resolution but I’ll take it.

Time to move on to building some defensive chemistry for the season. Broncos secondary is a strength of the team.
    Wouldn't have been my choice either. Still, I'm glad they resolved this.

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Nice work Elway. The Broncos didnít overpay or commit to a multi-year contract with a lot of guaranteed money.

There is some hope for Chris long term yet, Elway clearly admires his game....

http://twitter.com/ZacStevensBSN/sta...39938320801792

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

When I see him talking (after signing this deal) about how he's going to be the highest paid corner in the game next year, I hope he doesn't forget to play this year first. I also think whichever team makes him the highest paid corner in the game at 31 years old is going to quickly regret paying him for what he did in Denver in 2015.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-cornerback/

After everything the past few years I'm ready for him to move on. He was a great Bronco, but the last couple of years he's moved to beyond his best before date here. Hopefully he appreciates the going away present Denver just gave him.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    There is some hope for Chris long term yet, Elway clearly admires his game....

http://twitter.com/ZacStevensBSN/sta...39938320801792

I don't see him paying a 31 year old regressing DB highest paid corner money.

I’m happy the6 looked after him... it seemed right.... wish it was 2 years ... but a thank yo7 pay raise for this year calms troubled waters, and next year....is next year now,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    When I see him talking (after signing this deal) about how he's going to be the highest paid corner in the game next year, I hope he doesn't forget to play this year first. I also think whichever team makes him the highest paid corner in the game at 31 years old is going to quickly regret paying him for what he did in Denver in 2015.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-cornerback/

After everything the past few years I'm ready for him to move on. He was a great Bronco, but the last couple of years he's moved to beyond his best before date here. Hopefully he appreciates the going away present Denver just gave him.
    Harris might end up the highest paid when he hits free agency. Just hope it wonít be the Broncos making him the highest paid (appears this will be his last season in Denver). After teams didnít offer enough value to move Elway to a trade, Harris might want to focus on getting back to work. The long term deal with #1 money isnít ion the table just yet.

He deserved it and he got it. I am happy for him. I am also very happy with Elway. He took care of Chris now without committing high dollars long term and we will have a year to evaluate him in this defense. I am betting there is a no tag clause in the contract, so John will let him hit the market and see if it is worth it to us to match the deal he can get. I believe that is more than fair.

If he wants to be the highest paid corner, then he will have to show it this year and I look forward to that. We shall see what happens. The salary cap increases should help his cause, but his age sure won't. I am very eager to see this D this year. Haven't been this excited since 2015.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Seems like all he accomplished was receiving a 3 million dollar bus ticket out of town after the season.

Two things:

1.) Maybe Chris Harris will re-sign next year given he wanted to be the highest paid CB in Denver and not the NFL?

2.) If Denver fails to make the playoffs (again), maybe Von Miller will restructure his $25.625M- 13.62 Cap% ($11,850,000 dead) contract for FA relief?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Two things:

1.) Maybe Chris Harris will re-sign next year given he wanted to be the highest paid CB in Denver and not the NFL?

2.) If Denver fails to make the playoffs (again), maybe Von Miller will restructure his $25.625M- 13.62 Cap% ($11,850,000 dead) contract for FA relief?
    We donít need cap relief for next year. We have around $58m. Plus the possibility of cutting Flacco for Lock ( unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Supposedly there is a no franchise tag clause in 2020 as part of the agreement.
    YeA that throws out my theory of why a one year bump in salary makes sense.