Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    At this point I would let him play out the season and then take the 3rd round comp pick for him. Unless they can get something higher in a trade.

He was a good player for Denver for a decade, but he's getting close to the end (or at least a decline) and it's bad business to pay for nostalgia. And paying him what he's asking is paying for what he did in 2015, not what he'll do in 2020-22.

I don't mean this as disrespectful to Harris, but the Broncos were able to move on from Champ Bailey and built a historic defense in the years after, they'll find a replacement for Chris Harris.
    I would like Harris to stay with a reasonable contract. Just donít see Elway signing him for $15+ million per year over 3-4 years with most of the contract guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Broncos were 5-11 with Talib and 6-10 without him. The defense allowed fewer points per game without Talib.
    ???? I'm confused.

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Watch to see why Talib became a liability. Watch him cover (not cover) Edelman again in the SB. This tape was awesome in showing how how Edelman was used in motion to out whether Talib was in man against him or in zone, then watch Talib get owned play by play. Each one setting up the next route. After I watched this, I understood the decision to let him go. The road to the bowl goes through NE. Harris is needed against Edelman. If we wanna go back, 25 needs to be here.

https://youtu.be/VGhlM0MzBn8

I would like Harris to stay with a reasonable contract. Just don’t see Elway signing him for $15+ million per year over 3-4 years with most of the contract guaranteed.
    With the defense switching to more zone coverage and Denver signing a younger version of Harris for well less than $15 million, I just don't see it. I think the Broncos are okay with him playing out his contract. I could be wrong but I think the negotiating is for the fans, but I don't think they're that intent on re-signing him.

With the defense switching to more zone coverage and Denver signing a younger version of Harris for well less than $15 million, I just don't see it. I think the Broncos are okay with him playing out his contract. I could be wrong but I think the negotiating is for the fans, but I don't think they're that intent on re-signing him.
    Sadly, I have to agree. Harris has been a great Bronco, and I'd love to see him stay. But if the pricetag holds, there's no way it makes sense. I get that Harris has been underpaid relative to his productivity, and he no doubt wants to maximize his next contract. I don't blame him, and some team will pay it. I don't see the Broncos being that team. The reality is a monster pass rush and the ability to put opposing teams into 2nd and 3rd and long situations is more impactful than a single CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    ???? I'm confused.
    With the potential of losing Harris, some fans continue going back to the impact of trading Talib. Iím not saying there wasnít an impact however itís not like he was the make or break player. The Broncos were 5-11 with Talib, 6-10 after trading him to the Rams. One player in the secondary isnít going to make or break the roster.

I think youíre right because Elway tried to shop Harris heading into the draft. I think Elway will make what he believes is a fair offer. If Harris doesnít agree with the offer then I think weíll see him play out the contract. I donít believe Harris will sit out the season as heíll want to have a great year before hitting the market as a 31 year old free agent.

One of the local Denver sports TV guys reported that Elway and Harris' agent are in talks, with both sides submitting an offer.

Harris isnít going anywhere.

Maybe 4 years, 60 mill?
    30 mill. guaranteed?

With the potential of losing Harris, some fans continue going back to the impact of trading Talib. I’m not saying there wasn’t an impact however it’s not like he was the make or break player. The Broncos were 5-11 with Talib, 6-10 after trading him to the Rams. One player in the secondary isn’t going to make or break the roster.
    Thanks....

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

At this point I would let him play out the season and then take the 3rd round comp pick for him. Unless they can get something higher in a trade.

He was a good player for Denver for a decade, but he's getting close to the end (or at least a decline) and it's bad business to pay for nostalgia. And paying him what he's asking is paying for what he did in 2015, not what he'll do in 2020-22.

I don't mean this as disrespectful to Harris, but the Broncos were able to move on from Champ Bailey and built a historic defense in the years after, they'll find a replacement for Chris Harris.
    Funeral homes are full of irreplacable people... that said I love th player, but 15 mil a year is too much for the position.
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Does Denver even have the cap space to sign him for what he wants? They haven't even hardly signed any of the draft picks yet....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

New Broncos defensive coordinator Ed Donatell sounds optimistic that something will get done soon. “That’s a situation we think is going to unfold in a good way sooner rather than later,” Donatell said when speaking to the media earlier today.

That's a good quote.... hopefully its true .

(from May 15th I believe)
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Sounds like Chris Harris Jr is going to be a Bronco this year, and likely retire one if the contract they are working out goes the way I think it does