Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Von Miller has stepped in as a mediator of sorts.
    In the last presser I saw of Von Miller he tried as hard as he could to stay out of it. He praised CHJ, saying that he has done all the right things for the Broncos to "take care of him." He also spoke briefly about the No Fly Zone and then said that he likes the idea of the whole Defense being the focus rather than just the secondary. I don't see him as being a mediator in this.

Not sure thereís any way you give Chris Harris 15mm per year at this point. Maybe a 2 year deal if they have the money this year.. maybe. Anything more than that you are probably paying for past performance

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I think youíre right because Elway tried to shop Harris heading into the draft. I think Elway will make what he believes is a fair offer. If Harris doesnít agree with the offer then I think weíll see him play out the contract. I donít believe Harris will sit out the season as heíll want to have a great year before hitting the market as a 31 year old free agent.
    No matter what, I expect he'll play and prove himself once again as one of the best, just like he does every year.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by IAbronco24 View Post
    Not sure there’s any way you give Chris Harris 15mm per year at this point. Maybe a 2 year deal if they have the money this year.. maybe. Anything more than that you are probably paying for past performance
    What if they tack on 2 years to his current deal, and pay him well for those two years, but leave this year alone? No signing bonus. Just a couple of inflated years tacked on to his current deal.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    What if they tack on 2 years to his current deal, and pay him well for those two years, but leave this year alone? No signing bonus. Just a couple of inflated years tacked on to his current deal.
    What $ do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post

Even if they gave him 15 each the next 2 years ... thets less than 13 over three years. Guarantee this years and nexts.

Might work for all
    Last edited by EddieMac; 05-18-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Whatever $ will make CHJ shut and play that Elway would be happy with.

Whatever $ will make CHJ shut and play that Elway would be happy with.
    Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Even if they gave him 15 each the next 2 years ... thets less than 13 over three years. Guarantee this years and nexts.

Might work for all
    I personally do not think CHJr should be 31st in total cash this year for CBs.

Not sure where the 15 mil comes from but only 1 Cb is earning total cash of 15 mil the next two years and only 8 have a 15+ mil cap hit over the next two years.

Do people really think CH Jr is trying to become the next highest paid CB or do we think he is just trying to get above 8-9 million since we just gave Jackson a pretty good contract? Considering CHJr history I do not think he would mind being top 15 he just does not want to be 25th-31st depending on which salary stat we are measuring.

This is the business part of the game in which if players try to leverage their earning potential in the last year of their contract. If they play with that final year and get injured they will lose a good portion of that earning potential. Trying to get more money now is just good business.

Also considering the Bronco's history with the rest of the No Fly Zone I think that just adds motivation to do what CHJr is doing now.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

I personally think CHJr would accept a deal just above the range in which we gave Jackson if it were long term...maybe a little higher if it were only a 2 year extension.

I could be completely mis-judging his value system or could be missing a change in his personal preferences but he has taken a Denver discount before and I think he would do it again.

Obviously his agent will ask for more in early negations...but I think CHJr will be happy with fair pay.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I personally do not think CHJr should be 31st in total cash this year for CBs.

Not sure where the 15 mil comes from but only 1 Cb is earning total cash of 15 mil the next two years and only 8 have a 15+ mil cap hit over the next two years.

Do people really think CH Jr is trying to become the next highest paid CB or do we think he is just trying to get above 8-9 million since we just gave Jackson a pretty good contract? Considering CHJr history I do not think he would mind being top 15 he just does not want to be 25th-31st depending on which salary stat we are measuring.

This is the business part of the game in which if players try to leverage their earning potential in the last year of their contract. If they play with that final year and get injured they will lose a good portion of that earning potential. Trying to get more money now is just good business.

Also considering the Bronco's history with the rest of the No Fly Zone I think that just adds motivation to do what CHJr is doing now.
    I would argue that paying an aging player based on nostalgia from 2015 is poor business. I think the Seahawks played it right last year with Earl Thomas, let him finish out his contract (hopefully Harris does so without an injury) and then he can go elsewhere for a big contract, while the Broncos usher in the new era of Broncos football. Which is exactly where the Broncos are, the No Fly Zone is dead, it's gone and nothing but a memory. Hopefully it'll be replaced by an equally good defense, but it'll be focused more zone coverages rather than 4 or 5 DBs playing nothing but cover 1 and cover 0.

As for the Jackson contract, it's all about when you're a free agent (Harris will get a bigger contract next year) and versatility because Jackson can play both safety and corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would argue that paying an aging player based on nostalgia from 2015 is poor business. I think the Seahawks played it right last year with Earl Thomas, let him finish out his contract (hopefully Harris does so without an injury) and then he can go elsewhere for a big contract, while the Broncos usher in the new era of Broncos football. Which is exactly where the Broncos are, the No Fly Zone is dead, it's gone and nothing but a memory. Hopefully it'll be replaced by an equally good defense, but it'll be focused more zone coverages rather than 4 or 5 DBs playing nothing but cover 1 and cover 0.

As for the Jackson contract, it's all about when you're a free agent (Harris will get a bigger contract next year) and versatility because Jackson can play both safety and corner.
    Facts here....

People still living off that 2015 run.

The no fly zone is DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Facts here....

The no fly zone is DEAD
    You guys spoke that out well. I always wondered why Jackson was used for a comparison. He just played out the remaining year of a contract with Hou before leaving to sign with us. Chris is in the same spot with us due to get a deal like Jackson once his year is up. New System, all his friends gone, probably on the fence if he truly wants to stay here or go to the Rams. I do hope we get him in camp, and see if this works, and if he doesn't think it will work out, we can move him at the deadline. Only bad option here, is not throwing him a bone to get him in here. May just be a case of getting through this week, to see if someone can be cut to free up some $$ to make it work. I dont think we need any FA at this point, we have sneaky potential in every position, let's hope some young guys are ready to play. Hope we see resolution, would love off field drama to go away this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Facts here....

The no fly zone is DEAD
    When I watch the SB50 DVD the No Fly Zone is awesome

In the last presser I saw of Von Miller he tried as hard as he could to stay out of it. He praised CHJ, saying that he has done all the right things for the Broncos to "take care of him." He also spoke briefly about the No Fly Zone and then said that he likes the idea of the whole Defense being the focus rather than just the secondary. I don't see him as being a mediator in this.
    Wow was he implying that Joe Woods tried to call plays built around the secondary? Well he was a secondary coach as well as VJ.