Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I understand what everyone else is saying about the Situation but it is still so Disappointing.

Elway went out and made Kareem Jackson his highest paid Corner back, a guy who has never been to a pro bowl, and a guy who is older than Chris Harris Jr and no where near the same status!

His best CB (Chris Harris Jr) is staring him right in the face, asking for a somewhat lengthy extension but John Elway seems to want to end the marriage after only one more season!

WTH does John know that we don’t?

Why sign an older player who isn’t as good for so much when he could’ve just extended CHJ, signed Callahan and relied on Yiadom or a cheaper free agent to play nickel?

No disrespect to Kareem Jackson but why suddenly give him such a large contract and then pretty much break off all long term connections with CHJ who he could’ve had for the same price if not cheaper?
    Kareem Jackson can play both the safety and CB role, so they are paying for his versatility. I believe that this is why he's valued over CHJ, otherwise they wouldn't be comfortable letting him walk. Fangio is going to put a larger emphasis on zone coverage, so they must feel that they can find a secondary to fit that profile without paying a CB 15 million per year

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Why are you assuming dead cap implications or that he doesn’t play out a 2-3 year contract?
    My scenario would be a 2 years contract. A 3rd year would ruin my theory.

2 years at his age would be ideal. Anything after that usually tends to be on the wrong side of 30. Around 33 was when Bailey showed signed on falling off as well. However, I’m not saying CHJ can still play longer than 2 years. There are options where you can convert them to safety to prolong their careers. However, not at $15m per year.

If he signs a dead I’m will to bet there will be dead cap if we let him go after one year.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Would hate to lose him but it sounds like a team friendly extension (the ultimate hope) is not going to happen.

Due to his high level of play we would likely net a 3rd Rd compensatory pick if we were to keep him and he walks in '20. Elway likely realizes this and figures our best bet is to keep him at a cap hit of 7 in '19 and take the future compensatory pick.

I would imagine a team would have to offer at least a 2nd to pry him away. ND CB Julian Love is sort of a poor man's Chris Harris but can cover all over the field. He might be a good option if we do end losing Harris.
    He is already on the giants

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    He is already on the giants
    That was pre-draft

If the intention is to let him go after the season then I’d absolutely look into trading him, I would target Patrick Peterson too. With the suspension his value takes a hit and Harris would be more valuable to the Cardinals having played in Joseph’s system. We might even be able to snag a super talented bust in Nkemdiche that we could possibly salvage. Peterson also offers versatility in that he can be a stud FS once he starts his decline at CB. It’d suck to not have him the whole season but those first few games teams are still trying to find/create their identity so we could still be successful.

However if we’re just giving him a one year deal to see how he plays this year and get a gauge for the scheme fit then I’d either lock him long term at the end of the year or franchise tag him.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    That was pre-draft
    I'm completely happy with our draft, BUT, that was one player I had hoped we would have selected.

Trade Harris, First and Second round pick for Bobby Wagner. I would love this trade, and c'mon let's face it Carroll does stuff like this. Is that a fair deal?

Do it before Harris even sees the playbook. Oh to have Wagner out there with Von and Chubb. I think I'll dream about that tonight. Wake up in horror cause it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Do it before Harris even sees the playbook. Oh to have Wagner out there with Von and Chubb. I think I'll dream about that tonight. Wake up in horror cause it hasn't happened.
    The horror would be trading a “First and Second round pick“.

I’d rather keep CHJ and that first while maybe attempting to trade a second for a stud cover ILB but none of that is happening!

I’d rather keep CHJ and that first while maybe attempting to trade a second for a stud cover ILB but none of that is happening!

So true.....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

This^^^^^^^

Ya me too. I fully understand the importance of having to shut down Edelman, which Harris can do. The road to the Bowl will go through Edelman. Callahan was right with Harris in coverage ability, so that's a small drop off...Wagner over Davis, huge upgrade.

For the record, the reason I would give up the picks for Bobby Wagner is that we would still have 9 picks, and it seems to me, it doesn't matter where we draft, we are landing hits regardless of round. Hawks playing some crazy air raid offenses to face so Harris would have tremendous value there.

Looks like Harris will sign on a 1 year deal

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Looks like Harris will sign on a 1 year deal
    This is just Elway tipping his hat to CHJ. Next season the gloves come off .