Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Can we Franchise Tag CHJ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyBronco View Post
    I think we’d all agree and appreciate that Chris Harris has been a foundation piece for the Broncos for a long time. But a player on the wrong side of 30 throwing a tantrum 2 days before the draft to “get his”, deserved or not, is on the losing end of a game of chicken with Elway... He gone....
    Agree, he might get the money somewhere else. But, he's certainly opening the trade door w/these demands and JE could be thanking him for doing so. It's been real, It's been fun AND it's been real fun, but, time to move on.

here's the part Elway's detractors keep forgetting

Elway and his staff are working on the draft right now, it is crucial we get it right again this year for the future of the team...due diligence must be given to the draft...every focus of the GM must be on getting the best players we can

he has stated numerous times he will not take the time away from the draft to work on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Can we Franchise Tag CHJ?
    After this year, yea

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    here's the part Elway's detractors keep forgetting

Elway and his staff are working on the draft right now, it is crucial we get it right again this year for the future of the team...due diligence must be given to the draft...every focus of the GM must be on getting the best players we can

he has stated numerous times he will not take the time away from the draft to work on his contract.
    I’ve heard this many times from the local media which I hope is true. I truly hope he’s doing his due diligence studying this draft class. Show he can do it without Gary Kubiak, show he can do it and not be accused of just going BPA.

I completely agree with this statement from Jeffery Essary but damn it John didn’t have to make the comments he made. We all understand he’s the boss and should be respected but CHJ is a legendary Denver Bronco as well on an elite level and John should respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I really like the idea of swapping Harris for Peterson, immediate upgrade at the position. Peterson is worth 15 mill per year, Harris is not.

Here’s a thought.

Trade;
    Chris Harris
    Emanuel Sanders
    3rd rd pick

For
    Patrick Peterson
    4th rd pick

Trade down in round one to Mid teens, gaining an extra 2nd.

Draft:
    1. Devin Bush
    2. Dexter Lawrence
    Defense complete!
    Throw the rest of our picks at WRs and O-Line, and maybe a developmental QB.
    If we were to trade both Harris and Sanders we’d then have the money to sign Petersen because he is not going to come cheap and he’s definitely not going to take less that Jackson!

However would everyone be on board with committing so much money to one position?

It is a very critical and crucial position but in Fangios style of defense, do we need true shut down guys?

I’d rather have the shut down guy sonthe opposition doesn’t dictate what you are doing but I’m not sure Elway and Fangio feel that way.

The current cba is trash and needs to change (as it will)

Players are getting smart and Bell paved the path to stand up to management. I support both sides but bleed orange first. Harris is just a name on the back of a historic jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I said earlier that Elway’s incendiary comments yesterday were completely unnecessary.

The media was ready to move on when Elway stopped them just to make those comments. I think this could be his kryptonite here in Denver.

I do not agree with paying 15 million to a player on the wrong side of 30 and I’d be disappointed if they did. However CHJ is a fan favorite and Elway did not have to publicly display this much of his arrogant ego!

This could be the start of a downward spiral for him with the Denver fan base.
    Can you tell us what happened and what he said? I don’t have the ability to go look it up right now.

I still haven’t seen any thing said by Chris publicly. This could all be Chris’s agent doing his job as well Nicki J being the “nfl source” Adam is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If we were to trade both Harris and Sanders we’d then have the money to sign Petersen because he is not going to come cheap and he’s definitely not going to take less that Jackson!

However would everyone be on board with committing so much money to one position?

It is a very critical and crucial position but in Fangios style of defense, do we need true shut down guys?

I’d rather have the shut down guy sonthe opposition doesn’t dictate what you are doing but I’m not sure Elway and Fangio feel that way.
    Peterson still has two years left on his deal. No need to redo his contract. But if we had to I would be more willing since he’s only 28 still. Everyone keeps trying to get rid of Sanders, why is Wolfe’s name not mentioned instead? Sanders at least was still playing at a high level before the injury. Wolfe hasn’t been the same and last year was a real bad year for him.

After signing, he had the 13th highest corner salary. It's down to 24th now. That's NFL inflation for you. I wonder why he didn't try to do this a year or two ago when someone would consider giving him close to the highest corner salary in the league. Where's his ceiling now? 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I still haven’t seen any thing said by Chris publicly. This could all be Chris’s agent doing his job as well Nicki J being the “nfl source” Adam is referring to.
    You know it’s crazy but Harris could actually sit for two to three seasons if John were to use the franchise tag on him once he hits free agency. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Can you tell us what happened and what he said? I don’t have the ability to go look it up right now.
    When asked about extending CHJ he said

“I don’t have time, we’ll talk about it after the draft”.

Then he stopped the media to say

“I just want YOU to say something, we’re going to talk about it, I didn’t say we’re going to do anything”.

So basically he could had been stating a point to the media for down the road conversations but I can see where CHJ would see it as a power trip statement and John knows better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    After signing, he had the 13th highest corner salary. It's down to 24th now. That's NFL inflation for you. I wonder why he didn't try to do this a year or two ago when someone would consider giving him close to the highest corner salary in the league. Where's his ceiling now? 12?
    12 would be a great number for both sides but look at guys like Mathieu or Thomas who both just recieved loaded short term contracts and they are safety’s not corners.

Kareem Jackson will have a cap hit of 14 million in 2020 at age 32.

I can see CHJ frustration and the broncos can do it but what type of tone is it setting now? The soldiers are bullying the kernel! Lol

That is why I’m so frustrated with Elway right now, he didn’t have to make those comments nor does he have to be such a cheapie especially with one of his top soldiers!

Where’s the respect?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-24-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Peterson still has two years left on his deal. No need to redo his contract. But if we had to I would be more willing since he’s only 28 still. Everyone keeps trying to get rid of Sanders, why is Wolfe’s name not mentioned instead? Sanders at least was still playing at a high level before the injury. Wolfe hasn’t been the same and last year was a real bad year for him.
    I’ve been wondering the same but it could be because Wolfe is a valuable leader on a more positive level than Sanders is.

Sanders is a leader but he’s also a detrimental diva at times as well. Lol