Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That’s my thinking. The idea thrown around that the Broncos are mistreating Him is ridiculous. He is at the end of s contract that paid him very well, and he is still under that contract.
    I would love CHJ to stay a Bronco until his career ends... but that's not a reality these days unless the player and team compromise.

Sadly I think the best team option is let him play out his contract, tag him for a year. leaving him at 32 looking for a new contract.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I would love CHJ to stay a Bronco until his career ends... but that's not a reality these days unless the player and team compromise.

Sadly I think the best team option is let him play out his contract, tag him for a year. leaving him at 32 looking for a new contract.
    Agreed.

Ten characters

Which should put Harris at around 22/23 million guaranteed for '19 and '20. That seems like a great situation if Harris is indeed still at a high level this season.
    At Harris age, both sides should be thankful he's still good enough to deserve that.

If Harris can get through this season unscathed, he will be dancing in the streets at getting 15 mil guaranteed on the franchise tag at 31 years old.

Both sides have to give something up when negotiating... the Broncos gave up the big signing bonus and in turn Harris gave us that team friendly final year. Fans love him because he's been a great Bronco and exceeded expectations, we also love that he signed a team friendly deal. Having him fulfill his part (which he gets credit for already) is absolutely the right approach.

I love CHJ and would hate see him as a cut candidate because his salary doesn't match his performance. Paying him to be as good for the next 3 years as he was for the previous 8 is not realistic. Players retire around his age not out of boredom, but out of injuries piling up and age slowing you down. Extending him now does almost nothing but assure us we will cut him later on and eat the dead cap hit......and who knows at that time we may actually be at risk of breaking something up or losing a player because of cap issues. Right now we are a 5 win team who IMO shouldn't be looking to keep this thing together at all costs.

3 years, $15.5 Million per year, all FULLY guaranteed. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    That is stupid deal. Ther's no such thing as fully guaranteed deal for that kind of money. Kyler's new cotrat is the exception not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I guess I should patent or copyright it in the event that item appears in the future, unless it already exists.
    I think you have a better chance of getting a patent before Elway and Chris Harris Jr. settle on a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    That is stupid deal. Ther's no such thing as fully guaranteed deal for that kind of money. Kyler's new cotrat is the exception not the rule.
    There is no such thing...except for that one...lol

Xaviens deal includes $46 mil guaranteed for a 5-yr deal at 15.3 per year. CHJ is older and a 3-yr seems fine with me for essentially the same deal rather than offering more annually.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    There’s no way the Broncos should give him that kind of deal.

He’s coming off an injury and is over 30.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    There’s no way the Broncos should give him that kind of deal.

He’s coming off an injury and is over 30.
    Chris Harris is 29 for another month.

If they could just go to something like redo the deal to three years 35 million 25 guaranteed he gets close to 13 million, banks guaranteed cash...

Make this years fully guaranteed so the bonus is lower for the cap hit...

Everyone wins...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

There is no such thing...except for that one...lol

Xaviens deal includes $46 mil guaranteed for a 5-yr deal at 15.3 per year. CHJ is older and a 3-yr seems fine with me for essentially the same deal rather than offering more annually.
    this is a constant example of why Elway just shouldn’t put these things off

Best possible for the Broncos Imo.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Chris Harris is 29 for another month.
    Close enough. No mega deal!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

If they could just go to something like redo the deal to three years 35 million 25 guaranteed he gets close to 13 million, banks guaranteed cash...

Make this years fully guaranteed so the bonus is lower for the cap hit...

Everyone wins...
    The thing is CHJr is not going to settle for anything less than 15 million per year. Sounds good and all, but he won’t budge on anything less. It is not like we are paying for a player that is on the decline. He is still playing at an elite level. We would be rewarding him for being a badass, consistent corner and I would rather keep him for 3 years and 15+ per year, with a chance he starts slipping in year 3 than let him go. Or string him our for a year, franchise him and let him go in year 3...about the same as a new contract with more fuss and bad blood...sounds like the right thing to do for a Ring of Famer. People act like that extra couple million is going to hurt the Broncos. Keep him please.

Find it surprising that so many continue to be willing to play hard balll with Harris. He is a top CB, team leader and foundation piece of the defense if not the whole team.

It is not his fault that the cap is so tight. Elway’s blunders at QB and tackle have led to a significant dead cap and overpay for FAs.

Signing Jackson (an older less accomplished player) for significantly more obviously didn’t sit well. Also seeing Roby signing for $10m had to be frustrating.

Have there been any reports of contact between the team and Harris. Typically this is the kind of info that gets leaked from “sources “ . It’s after the draft there should be some contact from the team just out of respect. Maybe I missed it.

I still believe this situation should have never reached this point. The extension should have been negotiated long ago. When Harris would have been more willing to compromise. Now who knows, a proud player backed into a corner can react any number of ways when screwed with. Most not good for the team.

All I know is the Broncos are a better with Harris, on and off the field.