Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

He earned his contract but if he doesn't want to be here heck I'd want guys that wants to be here. It would be a blow if he goes but the door is there if he doesn't want to be with us. It's a business I know but still...leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'd like to swap him with Peterson though I'd even throw in a pick if he has to go.

15 million dollars per season Oh Chris. I've been saying this for years now, he has always rated himself much higher than his play on the field suggests. Chris is a good cornerback, but he benefited from playing on an elite team in 2015, he wasn't the top dog, and he never will be. Harris in all honesty is a sook who constantly blames everyone else around him whenever he gives up a catch, or makes a bad play. He cried about rookies not respecting veterans because when he tried to put it over McKenzie in training camp a couple of years back, he didn't like the rookie defending himself, weak move. And then he blamed coaches last year when he got beat in coverage on a 3rd and 19 when Kansas City came back to win that Primetime game we led by 2 possessions in the 4th quarter, he is a wanna be tough guy.

I would take a 5th round pick for him, and talk of anything above a high 4th rounder is non-sense, no one around the league will value Chris like he apparently values himself. I can't see anyway a team would be willing to pay that number for Chris Harris But boy I hope they do, and they give us a nice draft pick at the same time, see you later Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    15 million dollars per season Oh Chris. I've been saying this for years now, he has always rated himself much higher than his play on the field suggests. Chris is a good cornerback, but he benefited from playing on an elite team in 2015, he wasn't the top dog, and he never will be. Harris in all honesty is a sook who constantly blames everyone else around him whenever he gives up a catch, or makes a bad play. He cried about rookies not respecting veterans because when he tried to put it over McKenzie in training camp a couple of years back, he didn't like the rookie defending himself, weak move. And then he blamed coaches last year when he got beat in coverage on a 3rd and 19 when Kansas City came back to win that Primetime game we led by 2 possessions in the 4th quarter, he is a wanna be tough guy.

I would take a 5th round pick for him, and talk of anything above a high 4th rounder is non-sense, no one around the league will value Chris like he apparently values himself. I can't see anyway a team would be willing to pay that number for Chris Harris But boy I hope they do, and they give us a nice draft pick at the same time, see you later Chris.
    After Talib yielding a 5th last off-season I canít see anyone giving us anything higher than a 3rd but weíll soon find out.

Not sure Harris will still be a Bronco in 72 hours from now. Iím seeing a lot of fantasy trades of Harris for Patrick Petersen, not sure thatís possible but would it be far fetched to entertain a trade for Robert Nkemdiche if we are infact talking with AZ and would Nkemdiche be worth the risk. He has been a huge disappointment thus far but there are those in the organization who state that he is actually maturing into the position!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-23-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Canít say Iíd oppose this if it were possible!
    This is what I suggested earlier before he demanded a trade on another forum. Swap players and send them a pick and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    This is what I suggested earlier before he demanded a trade on another forum. Swap players and send them a pick and be done with it.
    Iíd be all for it but what pick would you think theyíd ask for?

What is the trade value of a higher end (not elite) CB for one remaining year on a team friendly deal of $7.8 million? I think we would get a 4th if we are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iíd be all for it but what pick would you think theyíd ask for?
    Thatís a good question. Iím not sure. I would assume Petersonís value is worth a 2nd rounder alone. Doubt he is worth a 1st still at his age. So maybe CHJ and a 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    He earned his contract but if he doesn't want to be here heck I'd want guys that wants to be here. It would be a blow if he goes but the door is there if he doesn't want to be with us. It's a business I know but still...leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'd like to swap him with Peterson though I'd even throw in a pick if he has to go.
    The issue isn't him "wanting to be with us". The issue is all about money. And he's 100% right. We just signed a lesser DB for $12mil/yr. Harris has been a PB and and AP DB throughout his extremely team friendly contract. He lived up to his end of the bargain. Now he wants his big contract. And why should he want any less than the top of the DB scale?

Again, this is the just trademark of Elway. We can go back and harp on all the bad draft picks, but always finding a way to either push or let talent walk out the door is what he has done best. Hopefully we can find a replacement, but I have a feeling that's not going to be that easy.

Figures. I finally buy a jersey with a name on it because he was one of my favorite players and now he wants a trade. Haha! Should of bought Baileyís

My Ideal outcomes of CHJ trade

First off we need to look at CHJ value realistically. 30 years old, coming off an injury, and is demanding upwards of $15m( if demands are true). If we are lucky, I think we get a late 2nd but more likely a 3rd.

Scenario #1:
    CHJ and a 4th for Rosen
    - This would end QB talks in the draft and we would be getting a 1st round talent a year ago for basically two thirds ( depending how you look at CHJ value). You would have Rosen for 4 more years and gives him time to sit behind Flacco.
    - In the draft I would move back to try and get another 2nd round pick. Example: Trade back with Washington. We swap 1st and hopefully get their 2nd. With our first we get Greedy/Baker/ Murphy( whichever fits our system). Our two second I would be aiming for Risner and Wilson

Summary:
    CHJ+4th for Rosen
    1st: Greedy/Baker/ or Murphy
    2nd: Risner
    2nd: Mack Wilson

Scenario #2:
    Trade CHJ and a 4th for Patrick Peterson. Peterson is younger and not coming off an injury that Iím aware off. Report from Ari is PP is pissed at the front office so we could use this to our advantage.
    Draft plans would go the same as they originally plan but without a 4th round pick and since you are trading for the same position.

Scenario #3:
    Make CHJ play out his contract. At his age he isnít holding out long. Canít afford to miss a year like Bell.
    Last edited by Murph2432; 04-24-2019 at 04:59 AM.

I think it's time to let him go? We have been lucky to have him, and he hasn't cost a ton of money. He has been a really good player for us.
    I would be careful re-signing him to a big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    First off we need to look at CHJ value realistically. 30 years old, coming off an injury, and is demanding upwards of $15m( if demands are true). If we are lucky, I think we get a late 2nd but more likely a 3rd.

Scenario #1:
    CHJ and a 4th for Rosen
    - This would end QB talks in the draft and we would be getting a 1st round talent a year ago for basically two thirds ( depending how you look at CHJ value). You would have Rosen for 4 more years and gives him time to sit behind Flacco.
    - In the draft I would move back to try and get another 2nd round pick. Example: Trade back with Washington. We swap 1st and hopefully get their 2nd. With our first we get Greedy/Baker/ Murphy( whichever fits our system). Our two second I would be aiming for Risner and Wilson

Summary:
    CHJ+4th for Rosen
    1st: Greedy/Baker/ or Murphy
    2nd: Risner
    2nd: Mack Wilson

Scenario #2:
    Trade CHJ and a 4th for Patrick Peterson. Peterson is younger and not coming off an injury that Iím aware off. Report from Ari is PP is pissed at the front office so we could use this to our advantage.
    Draft plans would go the same as they originally plan but without a 4th round pick and since you are trading for the same position.

Scenario #3:
    Make CHJ play out his contract. At his age he isnít holding out long. Canít afford to miss a year like Bell.
    If he has to be moved, then scenario 2 would be the ideal outcome. Although I think I think you're looking more at CHJ, a 3rd, and future mid round pick. That said, I'm hoping cooler heads prevail here, and we can smooth our differences. Moving CHJ just sets a bad president.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If he has to be moved, then scenario 2 would be the ideal outcome. Although I think I think you're looking more at CHJ, a 3rd, and future mid round pick. That said, I'm hoping cooler heads prevail here, and we can smooth our differences. Moving CHJ just sets a bad president.
    True itís hard to value PP at this point in his career. I personally donít think heís worth a 1st round pick. However, he is def worth a 2nd round pick. Depending on what you think CHJ value is worth late 2nd-3rd round picks would determine how high of a pick you also would have to give the cards. That being said, Iíd be okay with giving CHJ and a 3rd.

Elway made a mistake in not extending Harris earlier. He signed Kareem Jackson who is not the level of Harris to a higher contract without realizing the repercussions. Now we are heading into a tough scenario where Harris isn't on the team and the best DB is Jackson, likely forcing an early pick to be a CB where other needs like O line, QB, and ILB needed to be filled.