Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So Albright speculates in a tweet and now Eagle fans think CHJ is as good as one of their own.

What would Philly be willing to trade if this were a serious conversation? Does anyone know?
    Nigel Bradham would make the most sense for us IMO. They signed Zach Brown and LJ Fort as well as drafting TJ Edwards. They also signed one of the best CFL LBs in Alex Singleton. But they also lost Hicks and Bradham usually filled in as the guy with the headset when he was out so they may not go for that much turnover.

When the Broncos were shopping him during the draft, I thought maybe they were just determining his worth to make a deal. Kinda thought that's what they did with CJ Anderson a couple years back, to determine what to pay him. Maybe I'm wrong...

I would be really bummed to see him go, so of course I'm going to say pay him... If he was traded to philly it would soften the blow a little maybe for me... nah, not at all. I want him as a Bronco til he retires.

I was watching the shootout game between Cowboys and Denver last night, thinking that Dallas may not have scored nearly as much had Harris not been knocked out with a concussion. I get that game was years ago, but he's still one of the best. He has a big impact in all games he's healthy. Haven't gone far back in this thread to see how many posts say he's 29 or he's going to be 30, but get so tired of reading that online with each bit of news on the matter. I think he still has 3-4 good years left him. My opinion though seems to be pretty different on that than others.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

I donít see John letting Chris go. The last player like that who got away was Doom. Chris isnít a knucklehead like Malik. Chris is an elite player who leads on the field and in the locker room. Iím pretty confident heís not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t see John letting Chris go. The last player like that who got away was Doom. Chris isn’t a knucklehead like Malik. Chris is an elite player who leads on the field and in the locker room. I’m pretty confident he’s not going anywhere.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I hope we extend CHJ soon so all this can end!

I'd be pissed if we lost our 2nd top 3-5 NFL CB in consecutive years.

We saw how losing Talib and going with his 'replacement' worked out for us last season.

While I like the additions we have at CB, I don't think any are better than what we had in Talib and what we'll still hopefully have in CHJ.
    The Broncos defense allowed fewer points per game in 2018 vs 2017, so it seemed to work out just fine.

I hope Elway and Harris come to an agreement on a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Broncos defense allowed fewer points per game in 2018 vs 2017, so it seemed to work out just fine.

I hope Elway and Harris come to an agreement on a new contract.
    We were 6-10. I donít think it worked out fine at all. And anyone who watched the games could certainly see that CB was definitely a weak spot. The no fly zone looked like it had become an International airport.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    We were 6-10. I donít think it worked out fine at all. And anyone who watched the games could certainly see that CB was definitely a weak spot. The no fly zone looked like it had become an International airport.
    Right!!!

The 'Eye Test' is what I always use and not "stats" that are always skewed to fit a narrative rather than used in complete context.

Our secondary 'looked' like hot (you-know-what) with Roby and the other 'replacement' CB's.

Even with the additions we just got at CB, I don't 'see' that position being any better if there's no CHJ to go along with those additions.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    If the Broncos intend on the front seven being the strength of the defense, I donít think they need to pay Harris a boat load of money.

I was a little surprised they didnít draft a corner.

I donít think Elway should be afraid to let Harris walk after this season.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Right!!!

The 'Eye Test' is what I always use and not "stats" that are always skewed to fit a narrative rather than used in complete context.

Our secondary 'looked' like hot (you-know-what) with Roby and the other 'replacement' CB's.

Even with the additions we just got at CB, I don't 'see' that position being any better if there's no CHJ to go along with those additions.
    I totally agree.

I love the moves we are making with the front 7, but the DB's have gone down hill. With the additions and hopefully the devlopement of the younger guys, I like what I see. But if we lose Harris now, the front 7 better be able pull miracles cause I think we are gonna need Air Traffic Control in the back.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 05-15-2019 at 04:19 PM.

― Mark Twain

IMO I think it depends if your thinking rebuild or serious competitor in the near future.

If you are in rebuild mode, which is a perfectly sensible point of view, then the Loss of Harris is not really as crushing cause you are looking down the line.

But if you are in the I want to compete now mode. Then while we have improved a lot in many areas, the loss of Harris in the near future is a bit devastating to a key position on our D.

Color me Orange, I want to compete now. RIGHT NOW.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 05-15-2019 at 05:08 PM.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t see John letting Chris go. The last player like that who got away was Doom. Chris isn’t a knucklehead like Malik. Chris is an elite player who leads on the field and in the locker room. I’m pretty confident he’s not going anywhere.
    I've been thinking along these lines for a while. The more time that passes though, the less I believe he'll remain a Bronco.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I've been thinking along these lines for a while. The more time that passes though, the less I believe he'll remain a Bronco.
    It worked out with Von and I believe it will with Chris. Time certainly will tell.

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

At this point I would let him play out the season and then take the 3rd round comp pick for him. Unless they can get something higher in a trade.

He was a good player for Denver for a decade, but he's getting close to the end (or at least a decline) and it's bad business to pay for nostalgia. And paying him what he's asking is paying for what he did in 2015, not what he'll do in 2020-22.

I don't mean this as disrespectful to Harris, but the Broncos were able to move on from Champ Bailey and built a historic defense in the years after, they'll find a replacement for Chris Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    At this point I would let him play out the season and then take the 3rd round comp pick for him. Unless they can get something higher in a trade.

He was a good player for Denver for a decade, but he's getting close to the end (or at least a decline) and it's bad business to pay for nostalgia. And paying him what he's asking is paying for what he did in 2015, not what he'll do in 2020-22.

I don't mean this as disrespectful to Harris, but the Broncos were able to move on from Champ Bailey and built a historic defense in the years after, they'll find a replacement for Chris Harris.
    He did break a leg and heal fast though. No sign of his body taking longer to heal which is a great sign he shouldn't slow down for a while yet. Means his bones and joints are still on the softer end of the calcification scale. I will love it if he stays, and understand if he goes, but I do believe he has 5 good years left at least. Healing time is a wonderful indicator of when a player will lose a step.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    The Broncos were 5-11 with Talib and 6-10 without him. The defense allowed fewer points per game without Talib.