Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 422
  1. #406
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    We can differ on opinion on whether Harris should get paid and how the Broncos choose to pay him.

    Personally I'm more disappointed that the Broncos are wasting $7M on Keenum this season. Or wasting another $12m on DT, Marshall, Watson, Stewart and Lynch. Make better decisions and the cap would not be so tight, would it? Sure would be nice if the Broncos had even half of the $21m being squandered this season.

    As a teacher, did you support the strikes in local school districts? Weren't those agreed upon salaries? Yet when one district gets a raise a nearby district usually follows citing the raises given to a bordering district as a main reason. If a JeffCo teacher knows and accepts a wage why are they complaining if their peers are making more. Not exactly the same but similar enough to the point I made.earlier.

    Also wouldn't going on strike and leaving "the children" with no school be a solid case of strong arming tactics? Funny I'm not seeing any teacher strikes, protests or slogans on the back of cars these days. On vacation?
    That's not the way it works here in Chicago.

    IMO, if for any reason teachers go on strike, it should be for lack of parental involvement.
    Plus, I have a low opinion of the Teacher's Union, but that's another topic.

    In this U.S.A, people are free to change careers if desired; my school loans are proof.
    Harris understood the agreed upon contract terms he signed.
    No need to make him a victim of the Broncos.

    Yes, Denver's cap space is a concern which is why I referenced it.
    Again, I hope Denver doesn't need Harris' newly allocated cap money this year.

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,890
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    That's not the way it works here in Chicago.

    IMO, if for any reason teachers go on strike, it should be for lack of parental involvement.
    Plus, I have a low opinion of the Teacher's Union, but that's another topic.

    In this U.S.A, people are free to change careers if desired; my school loans are proof.
    Harris understood the agreed upon contract terms he signed.
    No need to make him a victim of the Broncos.

    Yes, Denver's cap space is a concern which is why I referenced it.
    Again, I hope Denver doesn't need Harris' newly allocated cap money this year.
    I do not see Harris as a victim. He is a professional that has earned a pay raise by his performance. My response was directed towards comments critical of him “rubbing you the wrong way”.

    Just like other professions, ego about how you compare to your peers or how you use any leverage you might have are realistic responses.

    I don’t begrudge Harris feeling slighted or getting a raise more in line with his accomplishments and impact.

    As I stated, I am less concerned with the Broncos giving their All Pro an extra $4m then I am with them giving Keenum $7m to play for another team . A very expensive mistake that cost them an impact player this year.

    Bottom line, I’m happy to see Harris on the field for the season.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vernon, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,085
    Bottom line is, we see the world as we are. When Harris says he felt he would be traded, he actually means he wasn't sure he wanted to stay. His own insecurity played out blaming others. Its just typical archetypal projection where he blamed others for his own feelings. Just as are the comments above.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,940
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Bottom line is, we see the world as we are. When Harris says he felt he would be traded, he actually means he wasn't sure he wanted to stay. His own insecurity played out blaming others. Its just typical archetypal projection where he blamed others for his own feelings. Just as are the comments above.
    ... or it means he thought he might get traded.

    Considering we allowed Talib to go in FA rather than renew his contract, there is some precedent for Harris to question whether the team would go younger and cheaper or sign him to a big contract.

    Not everything is about projection and insecurity - Harris or other members here on the MB.

    Edit: Talib was traded to the Rams.
    Last edited by Rastic; 05-30-2019 at 04:38 PM.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friends unlawful firing. Suggest he/ she adds their name to the countless lawsuits being filed against Amazon for its discriminatory and unlawful employee treatment.

    As for Harris. Hope he and Jackson both play with chips on their shoulders. Secondary should be incredible with those two, Callahan, Parks and Simmons. Even a bit of depth to handle the inevitable hopefully “minor” injuries.

    Add a relentless pass rush and Broncos should be able to rely heavily on a potential top 3 defense!
    From the Derek Wolfe and Todd Davis Q and A on the Broncos web site today, it certainly appears Defensive players are buying into the Fangio Defense

  6. #411
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I do not see Harris as a victim. He is a professional that has earned a pay raise by his performance. My response was directed towards comments critical of him “rubbing you the wrong way”.

    Just like other professions, ego about how you compare to your peers or how you use any leverage you might have are realistic responses.

    I don’t begrudge Harris feeling slighted or getting a raise more in line with his accomplishments and impact.

    As I stated, I am less concerned with the Broncos giving their All Pro an extra $4m then I am with them giving Keenum $7m to play for another team . A very expensive mistake that cost them an impact player this year.

    Bottom line, I’m happy to see Harris on the field for the season.
    You indirectly see Harris as a victim when you state he's underpaid then justify his behavior.
    It's easy for us fans to dole out money when it isn't ours.

    What's the point of a contract if one side eventually negates on an agreed term?

    I, too, am looking forward to Harris and his "team friendly deal" on the field this year.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    You indirectly see Harris as a victim when you state he's underpaid then justify his behavior.
    It's easy for us fans to dole out money when it isn't ours.

    What's the point of a contract if one side eventually negates on an agreed term?

    I, too, am looking forward to Harris and his "team friendly deal" on the field this year.
    Teams can release players...the contract is not as binding from either side as you seem to think.

    I have no problem with players doing what they can to increase their earnings just like how teams will do whatever they can to reduce costs. It is just business.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    You gave him 3+ million $ more so that he can run off to another team next year. What a fool' bet. CHJ got paid, but still likely feels betrayed with the FA signings of Callahan and Jackson.
    Another way of looking at it is players see the Broncos are willing to take care of a player without asking for more contract time.

    I think CHJr deserved it and I think the Broncos will get goodwill by doing it.

    Wish we would have waited until after June 1 cuts to make sure we do not need the money to sign someone but we can probably figure that out if we need to.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  9. #414
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Teams can release players...the contract is not as binding from either side as you seem to think.

    I have no problem with players doing what they can to increase their earnings just like how teams will do whatever they can to reduce costs. It is just business.
    The cap ramifications are pretty binding though.

    And, no doubt it's a business which is why it's important to sign the best contract possible.

    I'm glad Harris is around this upcoming year, but I could have done without his poor timing and diva attitude.

    As a fan, Harris is expendable but replacing the Broncos is much more difficult.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,615
    Harris is betting on himself . If he plays great football hes gonna get paid . Either from the Broncos or a different team. If he takes a step back or gets hurt he wont get the $$$$ he wants and very well could sign a 3 yr deal and retire a Bronco.

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    The cap ramifications are pretty binding though.

    And, no doubt it's a business which is why it's important to sign the best contract possible.

    I'm glad Harris is around this upcoming year, but I could have done without his poor timing and diva attitude.

    As a fan, Harris is expendable but replacing the Broncos is much more difficult.
    To me I do not take sides like that. Have an opinion but regardless of what happens I will cheer for both the Broncos and Harris assuming CHJr is not lining up against us.

    It is just buisness

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    To me I do not take sides like that. Have an opinion but regardless of what happens I will cheer for both the Broncos and Harris assuming CHJr is not lining up against us.

    It is just buisness
    That's a good post

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    847
    CHJ should retire a Bronco. Nothing more needs to be said.... get it done Elway

  14. #419
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    To me I do not take sides like that. Have an opinion but regardless of what happens I will cheer for both the Broncos and Harris assuming CHJr is not lining up against us.

    It is just buisness
    I understand that sometimes it's advantageous to be Switzerland by not taking sides.

    Not saying I am right on topics as they're my opinion at the time,
    but imagine if every poster on this board pulled a Switzerland?

    I prefer a more interesting approach given it's a message board.

    In this case, I'm on the Broncos side having already expressed my opinion.

  15. #420
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    CHJ should retire a Bronco. Nothing more needs to be said.... get it done Elway
    This ^^^^^!


    2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •